[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just some quirky numbers for the hardcore hockey fans.

In the playoffs this year, Florida has allowed 40 goals in 19 games and has scored 54 goals. +14 differential.

Sergei Bobrovsky has a GAA of 2.20 and a Save %age of .908. He has 12 wins and 5 losses.

Top five forwards: Reinhart, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Barkov, Tkachuk.

Top three defensemen: Forsling, Ekblad, Montour

1 goal victories (including OT) = 8 of 17

Overtime record: 2W 2L

Trailed in a series 2 times over 3 series.

Edmonton has allowed 48 goals in 18 games and has scored 63 goals  +15 differential

Stuart Skinner has a GAA of 2.50 and a Save %age of .897. He has 11 wins and 5 losses.

Top five forwards: McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Nugent-Hopkins, Kane

Top three defensemen: Bouchard, Ekholm, Kulak

1 goal victories (including OT) = 11 of 18

Overtime record: 2W 1L

Trailed in a series 4 times over 3 series.

Surprised to see Dallas get handed so easily/play so badly but I guess McDavid and Draisaitl are on another level this year. Surprised to see defences for once lose out to top tier offences. That Oilers PP and their stars and defencemen have just out-scored everyone else and they haven't let down yet which I thought would have happened by now.

Florida are in the SCF twice in two years for a reason - they have that top end talent but also can back it up on defence and in net. I'd give the edge to Florida but if McDavid and Draisaitl bring their A-game nobody can stop them. It'll be a matter of Barkov vs McDavid for me - Selke winner vs top scorer in the league for years.

I hope Florida win but the way the Oilers dismantled Dallas, anything's possible. This really is a series of top flight top skilled teams though.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

who do you want to see raise the cup more.... Luongo or OEL ?

Crazy to think 2 of the D-Men in the Panthers organization are in the organization due to Benning's screw up 🤪

16 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

who do you want to see raise the cup more.... Luongo or OEL ?

Neither will raise the Cup. When the Panthers win OEL will be stuck on an elevator and Luongo will be on the toilet. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surprised to see Dallas get handed so easily/play so badly but I guess McDavid and Draisaitl are on another level this year. Surprised to see defences for once lose out to top tier offences. That Oilers PP and their stars and defencemen have just out-scored everyone else and they haven't let down yet which I thought would have happened by now.

Florida are in the SCF twice in two years for a reason - they have that top end talent but also can back it up on defence and in net. I'd give the edge to Florida but if McDavid and Draisaitl bring their A-game nobody can stop them. It'll be a matter of Barkov vs McDavid for me - Selke winner vs top scorer in the league for years.

I hope Florida win but the way the Oilers dismantled Dallas, anything's possible. This really is a series of top flight top skilled teams though.

While McD and Dry may be on another level, there are 10 fwd and 6 on the team... The teams haven't been good enough to take advantage of the time playing v the rest of the players...

God I despise the arrogance shown by the two of them... They don't deserve anything... whiny bitches...

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The media is really trying hard to rally the country to get behind the Oilers, and I can't do it. I'll never do it. It's not in my DNA. They really don't get it. Almost everyone outside of EDM hates McDavid and Draisaitl. 

I saw the weather guy on CTV last week wearing an Oilers jersey during his segment. F*** that show!  Global is trying hard too, Madryga is a huge Oilers fan too. F*** those guys!  

I hope EDM never wins another Cup, ever. They've been gifted since they got into the NHL. Looks like the NHL is about to give them another one. It's up to you Florida, dismantle those Alberta f***s.

It's only hockey ... chill. People are allowed to have fun 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

My best case scenario in this series-and to end the playoffs- is to watch that Rat Matty Tkachuk raise the cup at center ice in Edmonton with a big grin on his face.

• Haha 3

If Florida can find a way to contain Edmonton's PP unit to one goal or less each game, the cup is there's. Florida is too good / deep to not score a PP goal against these guys. They'll easily run Edmonton to the ground 5v5 as well.

So either the Florida Panthers become the first team since the 77-78 Boston Bruins to lose consecutive Stanley Cup Final appearances.
OR
Corey Perry loses in his fourth Stanley Cup Final appearance in five years with four different teams
and Edmonton fails to kill the Canadian curse
while losing in their last two Stanley Cup Final
appearances (06 and possibly 24)
What more could you want?
This is going to be great Final
for everyone except for Florida and Edmonton fans!!
This is going to be 4-7 games of living hell for you.

**** Stolen from Facebook
  • Like 1