[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Goalie Bob has set up Camp in the Oiler's heads.

Yes, the Oiler scorers did miss some chances... but a lot of the reason why is they know how good Bob is and are trying to compensate too much.

Still the Oilers did carry a lot of the play and the score should have been closer...

So for the Oilers, there are bad signs... Bobrovsky establishing mental dominance... and good signs... they are getting chances.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yeah this is the 1st time these playoffs that they're facing a legit top tier goaltender.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  

And man, that Barkov is incredible.  Like a bigger and stronger JT Miller.

He is really impressive when you watch him for a whole game hey, seems so underrated ion the league.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't know if you saw this, but it's worth your time. It's about how Bill Zito built this Panthers team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/how-bill-zito-built-the-panthers-into-a-two-time-cup-finalist/

It's neat, the score did the same thing not too long ago, they really aren't your typical finalist

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2922551/how-the-eastern-conference-champion-panthers-were-built

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe the Hockey Gods are mad that you whined and embellished and shouldn't have won the series against Vancouver.....

If you think the hockey gods give one shit about Vancouver you’re delusional.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Hope this series is as short as possible.

Not sure I can bear listening to the Sportsnet feed slurp the Oilers all game long. TNT the rest of the series. 

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

I missed the game because of my nephews bday , Read some of the comments here and got excited because most of you acted like it was complete Florida domination, Just watched the highlights and this was a much closer game then it's made out to be..Dedmonton had a ton of great grade A chances but looks like Bob stole this one for the team. GM2 will paint a clearer pic me thinks.

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 5:32 PM, Slegr said:

There are worse Canadian teams that could win the cup, namely Calgary and Toronto. I’d prefer to see Winnipeg, Montreal or Ottawa ahead of the Oilers, and of course Vancouver will be there next season (and would be there now if not for injuries to Demko and Petey). But yeah, I’d hope for Florida over the Oilers.

…& late but also very key injury to Boeser, the team’s leading goal scorer, & hot producer in the play-offs until that very untimely freak blood-clot problem that would have kept him out for the rest of the play-offs & did for game 7 of series 2 vs EDM, also.

The hard luck has got to flip their way eventually. 

The Sutherland/O’Rourke factors in VAN losing 2 very pivotal games to EDM in that series, cannot be under-stated or criticized, enough! These guys are clearly plants to do the league’s bidding.

No director of officials, in the IIHF anyway, would even consider awarding games to these 2 head referees, when each has had such a lengthy & controversially gaff-marred history, officiating in games involving one of these 2 teams (VAN), in particular.

Sutherland’s unique past involvements, indicated a strong level of personal bias, that should have been - automatically disqualifying!  Of the plethora of choices that the NHL‘s “head of officiating” had to choose from…this was by far the “most” perplexing.

I hope the next CBA puts in remedies to address entitlements to senior officials, at this time of year - and visits the notion of GMs/teams “black-balling” 1 or 2 officials, (without prejudice - to any team), from working their play-off games. Those results, even if publicly unknown,…could be effective & also quite telling. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I wonder why black seats and not something like blue....

Blue probably gonna look atrocious for concerts and stuff. 

53 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe the Hockey Gods are mad that you whined and embellished and shouldn't have won the series against Vancouver.....

…and he also finagled a sketchy 1 game play-off suspension to one of VAN’s more experienced defensive players & play-off performers, by being pissy about a loss & starting a brouhaha,…where this most-gloriously enabled-one, escaped all accountability for starting that altercation with a post-game slash. 

• Like 1