[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

"Here, bounce it in off my butt" - Darnell Nurse

Gotta love how the Oilers defender here.

448152977_10160962888685549_656409937792

Wow!

Making our own “deflection board”, Ian Cole, look better by comparison, huh? 

At least Cole’s body was usually attempting to block something or someone… or he had his eyes upon the shooter. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Give him a cup and he's probably a hall of famer

Tonight wasn't Florida's best, they're a better team than they looked like, but it doesn't matter how you win so long as you do

Yeah not good for the Oilers (who I think didn't play a bad game).  How much better can the Oilers play?  I think that's a legitimate question.  I agree that it's pretty clear Florida can play better.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

if McBaby loses this series, do we still have to call him the best ever? or could we stop doing that? 

McBaby needs to grow up and actually swallow his pride and work on his game. Both 5 on 5 and commit defensively.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Darnell nurse is -15.  The record for minus in the  playoffs is -16 (1983 Paul Reinhart) 

Leon has been on the ice for 21 goals for and 20 goals against 5v5 .  Rely on powerplay much?

These are the little things that give me comfort and bolster my hopes that the coil never touch the cup.  I hope that Barkov will smother McBandage and this is a short series with Bob standing on his head.

Imagine having to buy out Nurse, and it would be 12 years of $4.625 cap hit......

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

if McBaby loses this series, do we still have to call him the best ever? or could we stop doing that? 

I dont think he has enough game in him to be “considered” let alone “the” best player ever

He needs to work on

- leadership

- accountability 

- effort away from the puck

- using his players

- team play

- defence

There are too many holes in his game for him to be in the conversation 

Absolutely he is top 5 for skill, but skill alone does not make a player the best in the game

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I dont think he has enough game in him to be “considered” let alone “the” best player ever

He needs to work on

- leadership

- accountability 

- using his players

- team play

- defence

Absolutely he is top 5 for skill, but skill alone does not make a player the best in the game

It just dawned on me. He's like Yzerman before Scotty Bowman became his coach and got him to play a 2 way game. So I guess Tocc will be a target for Edmonton to poach our coach?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It just dawned on me. He's like Yzerman before Scotty Bowman became his coach and got him to play a 2 way game. So I guess Tocc will be a target for Edmonton to poach our coach?

Yup. Yzerman had a 155 point season and Bowman knew the player had to change so the club could win. IMHAO McWhiner Baby will never change how he plays. He will always cheat the game for points. He’s on the same level as Dionne. Great with the puck and attacking. But terrible the rest of his time on ice. 

• Cheers 1

it is interesting to note that the (arguably) top 15-20 players in NHL history have been on at 

least one cup-winning team. If McDavid doesn't win at least one in his career, where

will he be rated? 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Allegend said:

it is interesting to note that the (arguably) top 15-20 players in NHL history have been on at 

least one cup-winning team. If McDavid doesn't win at least one in his career, where

will he be rated? 

To be ranked in with the greatest a player (IMHAO) needs to be a key part of a Cup winner. McWhiner would be in with Dionne. Great offensive player, but only played that part of the game. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Johnny said:

He needs to work on

- leadership

- accountability 

- using his players

- team play

- defence

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 3

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

It’s actually hard to figure how a guy with McDavid’s IQ for offensive play can be so poor at reading defending. He’s often in the picture when scored against but checking no one. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, UncleBen said:

The goalie is part of the team and that's his job.This series will be won or loss by goaltending ...Florida has the better tender 

Their goalie is one of their best players and one of best players at his position in the league; perennial vezina candidate (all the same as Demko). FLA needs him to play well to win…much like we play way better with Demko. It is like the Oilers losing Draisatl, McDavid, or Edholm.

Oilers fans are delusional to think they just got beat by a lucky goal tender or bad luck. He is one of the best in the league. Nothing against Silovs, but had Demko been healthy, the Canucks would have had a way better chance of winning that series no question.

• Like 2
  • Desmenko 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s actually hard to figure how a guy with McDavid’s IQ for offensive play can be so poor at reading defending. He’s often in the picture when scored against but checking no one. 

In all fairness, it is exposure minutes too; he plays way more than the other lines. In addition, he needs to cheat to drive play bc they need the offense to overcome their defensive and goal tending deficiencies. The team defense has been WAY better in the POs, but McD is still in that mode. Half the time you see him get beat like that he’s probably gassed.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Nah…they just got out goalied; all puck luck. Oilers in 5🤣

Yes, if they didn't have a damn goalie in net, Oilers probably would've won. Maybe.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pears said:

Regardless of what team you cheer for, everyone should be in agreement that any ref who makes his disdain/hatred for a certain team public, should not be allowed the privilege of working in the NHL.  

Agreed.  I also think Toronto had a legit beef with McAuley.  Every team should be allowed to provide a veto list, with more slots available for the playoffs.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They need Babcock or Torts, someone who will make it clear to McDiver that he will be in the press box if he doesn't start acting like a real man on and off the ice.

• ThereItIs 1