[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They need Babcock or Torts, someone who will make it clear to McDiver that he will be in the press box if he doesn't start acting like a real man on and off the ice.

They need a real coach, not a plug to appease the stars. Knob has done a great job by bringing more structure and a defensive system, but the inmates are still running the prison. They will never reach their potential until they hire and the team buys into a true coach. I cringe to think how good they could have been had they hired RT a couple years back and bought in. Unfortunately for them, the carriage turns into a pumpkin at midnight, and Draisatl slips away in the night.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You mean like this?

448035256_10160962798095549_239246611536

Or maybe this?

448152977_10160962888685549_656409937792

Nah…just out goalied and mad hockey gods…nothing to see here!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Haha 1

What could have been if the Canucks would have shown up in games 6 and 7. These playoffs have been a great indicator that parity in the NHL has never been more evident and there isn’t a single team that you can point to and say “Yup they’re gonna win it.” The Canucks played the Oilers hard and could have easily won that series, could have beat Dallas, and would have given Florida a good matchup. This is why I believe they gotta go for it over the next couple of seasons. 

• Cheers 2

Posted this in the wrong thread before

Probably the best worst case scenario for the Oil. They outplayed the hell out of the Panthers, but Bob stood on his head. They can feel good about how they played and the media can't really dogpule on skinner for losing the game when Bob was unbeatable

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, HKSR said:

That was experience.  So often we see teams sit back on leads.  FLA just keeps pushing no matter what.  

That’s what impressed me watching their series with NYR; never took a shift off all game. Simply weather the pushes, and capitalize afterwords. They are truly a complete team. I hate some of the chippy/cheap play, but that’s how you win cups. They learnt a few years back; went and got those guys (bennet, Tkachuk, Cosins, etc.). Now, been in cup final 2 years in a row.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Probably the best worst case scenario for the Oil. They outplayed the hell out of the Panthers, but Bob stood on his head. They can feel good about how they played and the media can't really dogpule on skinner for losing the game when Bob was unbeatable

I agree. They couldn’t win when playing a very good/best version of their game. FLA won playing fairly poorly. If FLA plays better (they will) and Bob continues to play well (he will), all you’ll have left is comments about hockey gods to explain your loses😂

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

What could have been if the Canucks would have shown up in games 6 and 7. These playoffs have been a great indicator that parity in the NHL has never been more evident and there isn’t a single team that you can point to and say “Yup they’re gonna win it.” The Canucks played the Oilers hard and could have easily won that series, could have beat Dallas, and would have given Florida a good matchup. This is why I believe they gotta go for it over the next couple of seasons. 

Agree 100%, but going for it doesn’t mean destroying the future for today. They are in a very good spot to make some key decisions this offseason that will Accomplish that. What we can’t do is to rely on short term fixes ( more things like the OEL buyout) to continually fix mistakes, that will sink us. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Conversely, Cats probably know they didn't play their best game and still won vs oils best effort. They will never play as poorly now that they are back in it after a long break.   If cats win game 2, this will be a short series. 

They were perfect on the PK. I always said even if the PP isn't great, you always need great PK to win a series/cup. 

Edited by Jaimito

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah not good for the Oilers (who I think didn't play a bad game).  How much better can the Oilers play?  I think that's a legitimate question.  I agree that it's pretty clear Florida can play better.

That may have been close to their best tbh, Edmonton's that is, Florida has at least another gear or three

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That may have been close to their best tbh, Edmonton's that is, Florida has at least another gear or three

If that's their best and can't even score one single goal or even get half a goal and get a review then good luck, I'd get the brooms ready.

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Their powerplay is what gives them confidence and momentum.

As soon as the Panthers started shutting that down they were done. They’re not a strong 5 on 5 team.

• Cheers 3

44 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I'm still shocked that their was no major penalty on the OEL hit to the numbers by Henrique , Now if that was McBaby..

I'm not given O'Rourke's history of misconduct.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

As soon as the Panthers started shutting that down they were done. They’re not a strong 5 on 5 team.

Their splits support that

Record when they score at least one powerplay goal: 9-3

Record when they don't: 3-4

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Panther's will have to start wearing the Canucks jerseys if the refs are going to fall for the Oilers diving.😉

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Depends on whether a Canucks player was involved.😉

He really hasn't shown any sign that he's willing to conduct himself like a professional regardless of the teams involved.  The league really has no excuse for the continued employment of this criminal.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pears said:

Their splits support that

Record when they score at least one powerplay goal: 9-3

Record when they don't: 3-4

They’ve had 7 games where they haven’t scored a powerplay goal?

Thats actually surprising.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They’ve had 7 games where they haven’t scored a powerplay goal?

Thats actually surprising.

Goes to show they'll never beat the powerplay merchants or two man team allegations. 

58 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Conversely, Cats probably know they didn't play their best game and still won vs oils best effort. They will never play as poorly now that they are back in it after a long break.   If cats win game 2, this will be a short series. 

They were perfect on the PK. I always said even if the PP isn't great, you always need great PK to win a series/cup. 

Im more talking about media and public relations.  If theyd played poorly and sknner let in softies etc, it'd have been a shit storm.  I think they escaped that outcome last night.

Everyone will just chalk it up to a hot goalie, which is mostly accurate

• Cheers 1