[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

31 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

If that's their best and can't even score one single goal or even get half a goal and get a review then good luck, I'd get the brooms ready.

Florida's a tough match up for them, Edmonton's powerplay is their bread and butter but Florida's just so good defensively 

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Their powerplay is what gives them confidence and momentum.

As soon as the Panthers started shutting that down they were done. They’re not a strong 5 on 5 team.

Agreed, Florida's a more well rounded team in general

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Agree 100%, but going for it doesn’t mean destroying the future for today. They are in a very good spot to make some key decisions this offseason that will Accomplish that. What we can’t do is to rely on short term fixes ( more things like the OEL buyout) to continually fix mistakes, that will sink us. 

I don’t mean trading away every first round pick and top prospects. We have a competent management group capable of making tough decisions and savvy trades which gives me confidence that the team will carry this years momentum into next season. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I don’t mean trading away every first round pick and top prospects. We have a competent management group capable of making tough decisions and savvy trades which gives me confidence that the team will carry this years momentum into next season. 

My main concern is that this management group wasnt here for the decade of misery following the last time a management group went for it, and missed.   The way MG went about it screwed the franchise for a long time.  I hope this group doesn't do the same

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

t's almost like the Oilers actually believe they are super heros or something LOL...

I love the phrase “Encouraging lose”. You are now 3 “encouraging loses” away from losing the Stanley cup. It’s a disappointing lose; you played your best hockey, and it wasn’t good enough. Now, FLA will probably play better ( they will) and  you will still have to deal with Bob.

“encouraging lose”, hockey gods cost us, we are a very confident group.... Those are all telltales of a team that’s worried if they actually admit they are discouraged, they are done.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

My main concern is that this management group wasnt here for the decade of misery following the last time a management group went for it, and missed.   The way MG went about it screwed the franchise for a long time.  I hope this group doesn't do the same

Likely wouldn't have taken this long if Aquilinis had listened to MG, when he said, we needed a rebuild... (provided he had better folks to do the drafts for him)...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_5224.png.dd1dde53b71e57b1a2e90e84a5886133.pngIMG_5223.png.c8bafef7c1a8e1a843324d5f637c14b8.png

Bobrovsky absolutely stole that game. That being said I feel the Panthers can play much better than that.

An Encouraging lose it was

Edited by BC_Hawk

3 hours ago, stawns said:

This group has won multiple Stanley Cups unlike the last management group we had that went for it. So I have zero concern for what they will do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Likely wouldn't have taken this long if Aquilinis had listened to MG, when he said, we needed a rebuild... (provided he had better folks to do the drafts for him)...

Agree. I think the process was dragged out by the owner trying to stay competitive while the brothers were here.

• Like 1

Florida played an average game while Edmonton played one of their best games of the playoffs. And Florida still won 3-0. Don’t believe anything these panelists and fake reporters are saying. 

Edmonton is in complete panic mode right now. They couldn’t even score with an extra player on the ice. McDavid is having a nervous breakdown right now. How is he going to win the Cup without being able to score?  

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Ownership didn't force MG to hand out no trades clauses like candy 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Florida played an average game while Edmonton played one of their best games of the playoffs. And Florida still won 3-0. Don’t believe anything these panelists and fake reporters are saying. 

Edmonton is in complete panic mode right now. They couldn’t even score with an extra player on the ice. McDavid is having a nervous breakdown right now. How is he going to win the Cup without being able to score?  

I think Edmonton probably feels pretty good about their game, all things considered.  They hit a hot goalie and outplayed the hell out of a team everyone said was going to walk all over them.

The thing about Bob is he can be unreal one game and absolutely horrible the next.  If the Oilers can split, they then have home ice advantage.  

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think Edmonton probably feels pretty good about their game, all things considered.  They hit a hot goalie and outplayed the hell out of a team everyone said was going to walk all over them.

The thing about Bob is he can be unreal one game and absolutely horrible the next.  If the Oilers can split, they then have home ice advantage.  

Bob isn't just a hot goalie.  He's a front runner for the Conn Smythe and a former two time Vezina trophy winner who also took his team to the finals last year as well.  He's been playing lights out for most of the playoffs.  Has given up more than 2 goals in only 4 of the 19 games Florida has played this playoffs.

Edmonton is pretty much screwed unless they can get the refs to give them unlimited power play opportunities for the rest of the series.  Edmonton has ZERO shot if the game is 5v5...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It just dawned on me. He's like Yzerman before Scotty Bowman became his coach and got him to play a 2 way game. So I guess Tocc will be a target for Edmonton to poach our coach?

Ive really wanted to use that comparison but I dont think McDavid has it in him

his whining all the time for penalties tells me he wont put his head down and the work in

i know crosby used to whine but he stopped around 23 and focused on the game

Mcdavid is set in his ways

• Like 2