[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

5 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

If Barkov's out of the lineup for game 3 and maybe 4, and we see the Panthers losing late in a game? I think Sam Bennett's elbow will just happen to find Draisaitl.

Maybe, but I think the approach will lean more towards not taking penalties 

Panthers can beat the Oil 5v5, giving up powerplays gives the Oil their best chance to win games

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sbriggs said:

The NHL needs Edm to win so Mcdick wont leave the team because they will never be able to be a successful market without him

You could put 6 chickens on the ice in Edmonton and their fans would line up to watch. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

You could put 6 chickens on the ice in Edmonton and their fans would line up to watch. 

That market was in bad shape prior to stealing 4, 1st over all picks by tanking 

That will never happen again

When a player comes in hard, jumps up and leads with their elbow extended forward, and the first point of contact is elbow to head, it should be a 5 minute major, game misconduct and a suspension. Whether intentional or not, it was reckless! This yrs playoffs reffing has been atrocious ..almost like they are favoring teams.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly if it was JT Miller that did that, he'd get 2 games.  McDavid and Draisaitl are the big names of this final.  Bettman would want both of them there.  Especially heading back to EDM.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Honestly if it was JT Miller that did that, he'd get 2 games.  McDavid and Draisaitl are the big names of this final.  Bettman would want both of them there.  Especially heading back to EDM.

Zadorov got a game for less....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So basically how marketable and how much money you make the league? Even though McDavid and Draisaitl have the personalities of a dry unsalted cracker…

Guess that’s why Petey and Hughes can get assaulted and we hear nothing from the league.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It probably helped a lot that the finals are on espn+. 

Subscribers may tune in just cause it is already there in their subscription feed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The NHL truly is the most pathetic league of the big ones. No standard or consistency when it comes to suspension or discipline. I've said it before, but eventually a move like the feckless turd Draisaitl made on Barkov will end up ending someone's career or worse, their life, and then what? 

• Cheers 1

Different rules for Draisaitl.  The NHL wants McDavid to win the Cup, so Drai will play for sure.

Feels like a weird tug of war.

Oilers and NHL vs Panthers and majority of hockey fans

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That is frankly shocking, though not at all unexpected.

That Draisaitl hit was clearly a purposeful intent to injure by a player frustrated with being shut down.

He jumped for the hit, he raised his elbow, he made primary contact with the face, the player was injured.

Even if you argued it was accidental, it still fits all the criteria for supplemental discipline.  

What is even more shocking is Oilers fans whining about how the refs are biased against them.  Florida are bullies, but they play hard playoff hockey… not stickwork and cheap shots.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is frankly shocking, though not at all unexpected.

That Draisaitl hit was clearly a purposeful intent to injure by a player frustrated with being shut down.

He jumped for the hit, he raised his elbow, he made primary contact with the face, the player was injured.

Even if you argued it was accidental, it still fits all the criteria for supplemental discipline.  

What is even more shocking is Oilers fans whining about how the refs are biased against them.  Florida are bullies, but they play hard playoff hockey… not stickwork and cheap shots.  

I'm not particularly surprised, but it was pretty clear cut

I even saw Oil fans calling it dirty

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't think Aaron Rome had any history.... just sayin

Four games in the SCF for Rome. To make sure the Canucks couldn't get him back if it went to seven. When we were crippled on our back end already.

The longest suspension in NHL SFC history was one game before Rome's.  Which was the result of a hit.....totally legal at the time....but his great sin was it was a half second late.  Four games

Today, different from 2011, there is theoretically another level of penalty for head shots. Draisaitl definitely hit the head. It had to be intentional to get his arm up like that. 

If life was fair, Draisaitl would be out for the rest of the playoffs

But nothing? Not even a fine?

This and other examples through the years in the SCF just rubs it in how we were shafted.  I still want some kind of public apology from the NHL to Canucks fans.  But we'll never get one.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not particularly surprised, but it was pretty clear cut

I even saw Oil fans calling it dirty

It was, but the league doesn't want a sweep. Draiheave knows this and likely never had a concern about a suspension. 

So I'm guessing Sutherland is going to be reffing game 3 now?

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Four games in the SCF for Rome. To make sure the Canucks couldn't get him back if it went to seven. When we were crippled on our back end already.

The longest suspension in NHL SFC history was one game before Rome's.  Which was the result of a hit.....totally legal at the time....but his great sin was it was a half second late.  Four games

Today, different from 2011, there is theoretically another level of penalty for head shots. Draisaitl definitely hit the head. It had to be intentional to get his arm up like that. 

If life was fair, Draisaitl would be out for the rest of the playoffs

But nothing? Not even a fine?

This and other examples through the years in the SCF just rubs it in how we were shafted.  I still want some kind of public apology from the NHL to Canucks fans.  But we'll never get one.

It was clear daddy was trying to get hainkidnthe cup in 2011. Embaraasing really.

NHL needs to have neutral third party doing these instead of the incompetent and frankly corrupt DoPS. 

• Upvote 1