[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

unfortunately thats where the NHL seems to want to go. People like Jen on the panel talk all the time about "the stars". It makes me gag, hockey is a team sport. Dunno, I can see a point in the not too distant future where the NHL becomes unwatchable for me if it turns into soccer or basketball. 

It is because Bettman grew up on the NBA at the time that it was getting built by massive starts. Dr J to Bird vs Magic to Jordan. 
They have tried under Bettman to make it about the stars. 
Why they wouldn’t follow the NFL which has always been about team first I don’t know but not my choice. 
Personally I am about one team, the rest is just noise. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

That guy is a stud... the only Edmonton player I can stand.

Good player but he's started diving a lot now that he's on a team where that's acceptable.  Needs to cut that out and play like a real man if he wants to deserve any respect.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Gotta show Darnell some love also, A Nurse making a doctor's salary for helping other teams.

Doctors (even cosmetic surgeons) does not make this sort of money.  

6 hours ago, Darius said:

The suspension is certainly warranted - Soucy got a game and Mc wasnt even inured.  The other thing they have to consider is that a suspension might calm down any retribution attempts.  Florida has a bunch of players that would have no problem targeting an oiler - not just one of their plugs but McD, Bouchard, or Draisaitl.

If the game is out of reach I hope they wreck Drai and McDiva. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I don’t like Edmonton and I think it was funny that the script for game 2 was clearly that Florida was to win. Every time Edmonton got some momentum the refs would call a penalty or so something to slow them down. 
 But I can’t help but think how much crying we’d be doing if it was us in the oilers shoes. 

I do think that the NHL will manipulate it to game 6 or game 7 though, afterall it is a business and every game is making 10-30,000,000. 
 I can’t cheer for Edmonton and won’t cheer for any team that doesn’t have a cup as I don’t want to be the only team left that’s cupless in 15 years. So I’m pretty checked out of this series at all, especially with last night’s game resembling the WWF. 

What game were you watching?

Everytime Edmonton had any momentum Nurse would hobble out of the locker room begging to play and distracting the team, or Bouchard would dish out pizza’s like a young Luca Sbisa. 
Or dumb turds like Drai would try to take Barkovs head off.

Power plays were pretty  even, so I’m missing your point. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

What a load of crap (Drai).

Hope for a sweep, and in the dying minutes of game 4, someone pulls a Carrick on that cowardly POS.

And here's hoping he gets pasted every shift until then.

DOPeS at it again.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Hate them Oilers! Dirty players. We should go after Hymen though he’s a true hard worker 

Hyman plays Greasy, almost as Greasy as Bennett. Accidentally on purpose in the crease every game. They wrung his neck one game to get him off Bob.

Watched the replay of the hit Dri threw

Zero chance any Canuck could do that and not get suspended. 
clearly jump actually swings his elbow to make contact with the players head.

if that was a panther hitting Mcbitch they’d be done for the playoffs. 

player safety is a proven joke this just emphasizes the fact the problems with this leagues officiating and discipline. Hope someone drops the gloves and pounds the shit out of this cowardly bitch. 
maybe Mcbitch to.
Send the league a message. 

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Not how I saw it at all.  The penalty calls against Edmonton were legit and happened because they couldn't match Florida's intensity any other way.  It's just that Edmonton is used to getting away with sticks to the nuts and elbows to the head but got called on it last night, unlike in game 2 of our series with them.  A properly refereed game looks like bias to them because they routinely get away with stuff we never would. 

Those fkn stick to the nuts have to be taken out of the game. Automatic 5 game suspension upon review. They can review frigging shot totals they can review egregious crap like that. 

Do it for Hogz.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Combover said:

Watched the replay of the hit Dri through 

Zero chance any Canuck could do that and not get suspended. 
clearly jump actually swings his elbow to make contact with the players head.

if that was a panther hitting Mcbitch they’d be done for the playoffs. 

player safety is a proven joke this just emphasizes the fact the problems with this leagues officiating and discipline. Hope someone drops the gloves and pounds the shit out of this cowardly bitch. 
maybe Mcbitch to.
Send the league a message. 

Compare that to that penalty called on Petie. Night and day.

57 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Hate them Oilers! Dirty players. We should go after Hymen though he’s a true hard worker 

So you hate the Oilers for being dirty but want Florida to go after one of their players?

And what the f is this we? We are not in the finals.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

One of the sour spots about no discipline for Draisatl is we all know the guy can be super dirty, yet again, he escapes because he’s also a superstar. So every time he should be disciplined, NHL is like “well, he’s never been suspended, and he’s an elite player… so, let’s leave it…” All it takes is one suspension to make him a repeat offender if another incident comes up, but NHL is afraid to give him that first one, so he keeps his clean record, making it harder to justify future suspensions.

• Cheers 4