[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

McDavid has worked so hard to own the refs, the media, and DoPS, and it's not working.

The irony is all he needed to do was back check.

That's too hard. That would require work, and his stats dropping. 😄

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

My favourite part about this is that is the end or near the end of Edmonton’s window and they will have to start with another rebuild. At least, they will if they’re smart. 

I think this is a good observation. Draisaitl is going into his final season of this contract and is eligible to begin negotiating an extension after this July 1st. It will be interesting to see if he decides to re-up with Edmonton or do a Matthew Tkachuk and tell them he isn't interested in coming back to Edmonton. Then McDavid is up for renegotation the year after next. If they don't win it next year, I can see him wanting out. And I can't see them winning it all next year because they still have no defence and only three or four forwards who excel. And they don't have top tier goaltending, so they are hooped.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Pat had no choice but to bring Messier in or he’d have been sacked, which they did anyway. Then McCaw made it worse by bringing in Keenan if I’m not mistaken. 

Wasn't that because of corporate axeman Bellringer?

Next year the coil have 20 mil tied up in Nurse, Ceci, Brown, Campbell and Neal.  Makes it very difficult to build the proper support cast for McDrai , especially when those two are not the greatest at defensive hockey.  

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What Edmonton needs is a guy like Torts who tells McDiver he either cuts out the diving, tantrums, and floating, or he'll be in the press box until he decides that he cares about winning.

You think Tocchet would put up with all the nut shots their team is getting away with. He'd shut that shii down so fast.

Knob's is getting played.

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I honestly can’t recall, but that sounds right. 

I just remember how livid Dan Russell was over him. And how badly planned and run the team was when they axed Pat.

I don't blame him, I was a supporter of Pat Quinn as well.

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

My favourite part about this is that is the end or near the end of Edmonton’s window and they will have to start with another rebuild. At least, they will if they’re smart. 

Unless they restart and build around Nurse?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

These people don’t seem to understand it’s not the flashiest players that win it’s the hard nosed workers that win.

McDavid can be the regular season champ. The playoffs are a whole different beast.

I am sorry but Mathews is and always will be the regular season champ. It is not even close. 

Fact of the matter is Edmonton looks beat up and Florida looks like a team that’s been here before, learned, and now knows what it takes. Florida is a much deeper team and Edmontons lack of depth and not having McDavid and Draisital bail them out in this series is having them showing their true colours. They’ve played better defence since Knoblauch took over  but at the end of the day you are who you are. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1