[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

the main reason that Edmonton CAN"T beat Florida.... the Panthers don't have Cole on defense scoring for the Oil

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I've been to many other teams forums and that's not the consensus. I can root for one team without having to shit on another but you do you.

Which other forums? I think it's quite common for fans to do what we do here. We're not special.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Integra250 said:

the one where Skinner fumbled it behind his net wasn’t his fault?

Partially, but that can happen - Bob's fumbled it many times. The key is, Florida always has guys back to cover. Oilers left Tarasenko all alone in front of the net. Skinner was back in time, but had no chance on that shot.

Edited by D-Money

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty much all of the greats have won a championship. Dionne is probably one of the very few that hasn’t in any sport. Dan Marino another. 

McDavid is a generational talent. How many of those guys have never won a cup?  

He will most likely sign an 8 year extension in Edmonton to get his bag and become the highest paid player in NHL history. However, he probably doesn’t win a cup as Draisaitl will be on his way out to get his own bag. 

The difference with the Oilers in the 80’s is that they won all their cups before anyone got their bag. It was a different era. Nowadays it’s all about the money. 

McDavid could certainly win a cup if he cut his pay in half and went to a cup contender. But we know he would never do that. So he will have to suffer the humiliation of never winning a cup while enjoying his $200 million+ in the bank. 

You may well be right about McDick's future, however I think he bolts when he becomes a UFA in a couple of years. Toronto is a logical destination for him.

2 minutes ago, Reg said:

You may well be right about McDick's future, however I think he bolts when he becomes a UFA in a couple of years. Toronto is a logical destination for him.

I think it's safe to say we've seen peak McBaby, if not this year then very soon. He's 29 on his next deal. Sure he'll still be really good as long as the speed keeps up, but he will be surpassed sooner than later. 

• Like 1

watching the oilers and shill Rogers media meltdown is pretty funny, but I suppose when the major sponsor's name is on the building, owns the broadcast rights, and pays McDiver millions endorsements, this complete flub has to be confusing. 

• Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Which other forums? I think it's quite common for fans to do what we do here. We're not special.

Exactly!

Karma is a beatch, I remember in 2011 what other fan bases were saying about us and in particular the Sedins.

This from an Ovie Fan Page:

FB_IMG_1718336814448.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Messier was a level up from Barkov.   Barkov does have his strength, doesn't have the same wheels (Messier was faster) or the same cross-check your teeth out meanness to his game.    I also loved Messier in EDM, watched every single game of the 1989-1990 final cup.   They didn't have close to the same wealth of players,  they did have experience and enough left, and Ranford played out of his mind (much deserving Conn Smythe).    Also didn't mind Messier at all on  the NYR's when he was gathering hardware outside of Gretzky's shadow.    He was an absolute beast for them.   Until we played them and was it 9?  Can't remember, ex-Oilers well past their primes but still doing their thing.    Cut pretty deep losing to them.   Lowe,  Anderson .. was kind of ridiculous really, how many trades they made that year, despite being first in both special teams and first in the league.   They traded some very good players, to go for guys who's won and knew what it took. 

Messier isn't a bad comp for today minus the pugilence and nasty.   Both guys were/are bulls.     Don't see the same speed from Barkov though, or that shot,  Messier's one legged kick-off like he was starting a harley, top corner ... ok well we did see that last  night so good call.    Moose was Howe re-incarnated playing the center spot.    On the wing instead,  believe he'd of scored even more goals. 

Barkov also is a good leader and not a locker room cancer like Messier.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1