[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

A little late to the Edmonton drubbing, but I am loving this series. But this series and the last series also just really makes me mad we didn't close these bums out ourselves. They might be the worst finals team I've seen. I dunno if we beat Dallas or the Panthers, but we should have beaten Edmonton. This is gonna be a long summer of thinking about not being able to beat these goofs.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

A little late to the Edmonton drubbing, but I am loving this series. But this series and the last series also just really makes me mad we didn't close these bums out ourselves. They might be the worst finals team I've seen. I dunno if we beat Dallas or the Panthers, but we should have beaten Edmonton. This is gonna be a long summer of thinking about not being able to beat these goofs.

Fans in Vancouver and Dallas are wondering what the hell happened.

I think in Vancouver's case too many injuries to key people, and simply not enough depth.

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

100%, though you weaponize Draisatl to get there; you can kill 3 birds with one stone in my opinion

Draisatl + Campbell ---> Carlo + Ullmark + draft pick (?)

The move:

- solidifies goaltending (good 1A & 1B with Skinner)

- soldifies top 4 D (Bouch-Ekholm Nurse-Carlo Broberg-Kulak/Ceci/??)

- Frees up Cap to: 1) Find FA scoring winger for McD 2) Fill out Bottom 6 with guys > vet min

Final Roster:

FA-McD-Hyman

Kane-RNH-Holloway

FA-Mcloed-FA

Ryan-FA-FA

Ekholm-Bouch

Nurse-Carlo

Broberg-Kulak

Ceci

Ullmark

Skinner

This team would actually scare me with the right coaching

I don't think moving Draisaitl is a smart move.  McDavid and Draisaitl can carry and drive their own lines.  If you move Drai, now you're relying on RNH to carry his line with a sputtering Kane and an inexperienced albeit talented Holloway.  Their PP would also take a major hit without Draisaitl.  What makes EDM offence so potent is that other teams have to try and matchup against arguably 2 of the best offensive players on the planet right now.  That's their strength.  They need to build around it.

Imagine if Crosby didn't have Malkin.  You need that top end talent to win.  Especially as the drivers of offence on lines 1 and 2.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Fans in Vancouver and Dallas are wondering what the hell happened.

I think in Vancouver's case too many injuries to key people, and simply not enough depth.

Yeah the story for Vancouver and Dallas is "how did we not beat the Oilers?" I am shocked at how Dallas performed. They are way deeper and were much healthier than us but lost in 6. I also think we only really had 1 major injury. It was Demko, but Silovs was enough to win. We lost Boeser really late, but we should have won in 6 imo. Gotta lose to learn how to win I guess. But I'd rather have lost to Dallas. Lol. Our window was widest this season. Until Lekkerimaki and Willander hopefully develop into prominent roles as cheap players.

• ThereItIs 1

You need your goalie to play lights out. Period. it's that simple.

You also need a strong, stable D that can also block shots, sacrifice, and kill the attack.

That's what it takes. It's your foundation.

You can see how management is building our team in this regard along with heavy forechecking, special teams, and selective high danger opportunities.

We're close. 

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

One of he worst final teams ever, Florida (COL cup) and us in 1982.   It's not over until it's over, at least we took that dynastic team to OT once. 

Edited by IBatch

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You need your goalie to play lights out. Period. it's that simple.

You also need a strong, stable D that can also block shots, sacrifice, and kill the attack.

That's what it takes. It's your foundation.

You can see how management is building our team in this regard along with heavy forechecking, special teams, and selective high danger opportunities.

We're close. 

You need your goalie to make the right saves at the right time, and be a top ten goalie that's about it.     Don't need a goalie to stand on his head to win a cup, it helps but rarely happens, like expecting Markstrom and then Demko to do it in the bubble.   Roy twice, Dryden once that's about it.   And Tim Thomas. 

Edited by IBatch

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

You need your goalie to make the right saves at the right time, and be a top ten goalie that's about it.     Don't need a goalie to stand on his head to win a cup, it helps but rarely happens, like expecting Markstrom and then Demko to do it in the bubble.   Roy twice, Dryden once that's about it. 

The evidence is right in front of you. You need a goalie to be in top form. That's what it takes.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

No, us in 1982.

That's ok buddy.  I was 9.  So aside from having a love affair with King Richard and a couple guys on that team in grade school can't say much about it either. 

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

watching the oilers and shill Rogers media meltdown is pretty funny, but I suppose when the major sponsor's name is on the building, owns the broadcast rights, and pays McDiver millions endorsements, this complete flub has to be confusing. 

I'm loving this. Especially given all the Oilers flexing that was happening before the series.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

That's ok buddy.  I was 9.  So aside from having a love affair with King Richard and a couple guys on that team in grade school can't say much about it either. 

I was 14. We didn't stand a chance. Nothing worse than knowing there wasn't a chance in hell and you were forced to endure the pain. Although there was a slight glimmer of hope. Couldn't stand the Islanders either. 

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was 14. We didn't stand a chance. Nothing worse than knowing there wasn't a chance in hell and you were forced to endure the pain. Although there was a slight glimmer of hope. Couldn't stand the Islanders either. 

https://youtu.be/w29MdXphWdI?si=AB3lUMZbip5q5JGL

Posted this earlier. Tiger Wiiliams said they didn't see a reporter with a camera in the locker room for 3 yrs until this run.  

The first Canuckmobile greeting the players at the airport after returning from NYC:

Screenshot_20240608-130545.png

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reg said:

You may well be right about McDick's future, however I think he bolts when he becomes a UFA in a couple of years. Toronto is a logical destination for him.

He has less of a chance to win a cup in Toronto.  I mean if he goes there then Matthews is probably gone.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

https://youtu.be/w29MdXphWdI?si=AB3lUMZbip5q5JGL

Posted this earlier. Tiger Wiiliams said they didn't see a reporter with a camera in the locker room for 3 yrs until this run.  

The first Canuckmobile greeting the players at the airport after returning from NYC:

Screenshot_20240608-130545.png

That's such a great clip. I had that jersey when I was a kid. 

That Canuckmobile looks straight out of Trailer Park Boys. lol

Brings back memories.