[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 hours ago, grumpyone said:

take 5 minutes and search youtube for Messier cheapshots.

I vividly remember him throwing a on purpose elbow right to Linden's head after the whistle, no where near the puck. That was part of Jim Robson's famous line " He'll play, you know he'll play " 

IIRC, back in one of those Soviet visits, I vividly see Messier going on one side of a Russian and Anderson on the other, in open ice, with simultaneous elbows to his head. Might not even have been penalized.

So slimy.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

That particular dive was the best. It was so desperate, like a final try at a hot chick at closing time.

Hot Chick? Closing Time?

.... so many jokes, so many Mods to ban an innocent poster .... 🤣 

• Haha 1

Roberto Luongo is so close, he can taste it. The legendary former Vancouver Canucks goaltender and Hockey Hall of Famer never won a Stanley Cup as a player.

Famously, he came up one win short in 2011.

But now, for the first time since 2011, he can finally hoist Lord Stanley’s mug. Not as a player, of course. Luongo is part of the Florida Panthers’ front office, holding the title of “Special advisor to general manager” since he retired as a player in 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Roberto Luongo is so close, he can taste it. The legendary former Vancouver Canucks goaltender and Hockey Hall of Famer never won a Stanley Cup as a player.

Famously, he came up one win short in 2011.

But now, for the first time since 2011, he can finally hoist Lord Stanley’s mug. Not as a player, of course. Luongo is part of the Florida Panthers’ front office, holding the title of “Special advisor to general manager” since he retired as a player in 2019.

Our poor man's Ray Bourque moment but Lu deserves it.

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

That particular dive was the best. It was so desperate, like a final try at a hot chick at closing time.

Er can I borrow your beer goggles some time.  Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Hot Chick? Closing Time?

Finding a Hot Chick at closing time should be easy in Deadmonton now that The Class of '24 "Rig-Girls" just graduated.......

pole.gif

THE CLASS OF 24 Deadmonton., Ab 

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Huberdeau must be so pissed right now.....and he has to live in Calgary compared to Florida.

same amount of white trash, but swap beaches and swamps for endless desolate prairie. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, tas said:

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for the NHL to have by far their most marketable star be such a terrible spokesperson, nearly unusable as the face of the game. 

I imagine it took 50 takes to make that gambling add with Gretzky and McDavid racing zamboni's, to get as much of  the  "McDavid Face" off the camera (plus a crap load of filters for the ugly too).   Crosby and McKinnon, one take each time they do/did an add for Tim Horton's.    

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Barkov go on a Bergergon-like Selke run. If Kopitar were younger I'd say he'd probably be in the mix too, it's impressive enough that he managed to win two of them while Bergeron was around. 

There's a few players out there who could snag a Selke with Bergeron having retired, but Barkov will probably be the favourite most years. 

I wouldn't compare him to Miller though, I'd actually compare him to Kopitar. @HKSR and I had a back and forth about Kopitar a few months back, he's a bit of a unicorn when it comes to his being a big, two-way center with high end talent, we both concluded that Barkov is probably the closest thing to a Kopitar comparable there is. Kopitar is basically a better Getzlaf, it's rare for any center, let alone a first line center to have the toolbox Kopitar's got. 

Miller hasn't always been a solid defensive player, whereas that's been a hallmark of both Barkov and Kopitar's game for years. 

I think EP would need to remain a center, get back to the level he was at last season, and be a better faceoff guy to have a chance at a Selke. 

Funny how we were in awe of Barkov's abilities a few months back, and now here he is... about to raise a Cup over his head.  Goes to show how important selke level forwards are to a Cup winning roster.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

He hasn’t showered in 8 days. 

you think he'd still be in calgary more than about 10 minutes after his season ending exit meeting?

9 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Hot Chick? Closing Time?

Haha, just woke up and saw this post and without knowing the context of the previous conversation thought you guys were talking about a "dive" as in a sleazy club.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Funny how we were in awe of Barkov's abilities a few months back, and now here he is... about to raise a Cup over his head.  Goes to show how important selke level forwards are to a Cup winning roster.

Yip. Kesler would of hoisted a cup If he wasn't skating on one leg. 

• Like 1