[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I can't wait for the post loss press conference to hear how Edmonton is still the better team. 

McWhiner: "If we only had the calls go our way ..."

Dry-my-Saddle: "I needed to cross check to the face a lot more and we would have won ..."

Kane: "I had a parlay on the over under on Florida ... sorry boys"

Skinner: "I needed bigger pads, a looser shirt and bitch pleaz ....."

Nurse: "If only my contract was bigger then I would have been motivated to give a shit ... all Holland's fault"

Holland: tenor.gif ... borrowed from @Dr. Crossbar with permission (Copyright)

Knob: "We will get them in game 5 ... I guarantee it" ... Reporter: "ahhh ... the Cup was paraded around Rogers Place, did you miss it" ... Knob: "FAKE NEWS!!!!"

Chick Flashing Her Tits: "I showed more heart than the Coilers did ..."

... now over to the rest of you for your favorite excuses / reasons / etc. on why the Coilers didn't pull it off tonight. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think FLA gives an inch tonight.  3 Finals in 5 years... they know how important it is to finish this off.  They want this more than EDM at this point.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

No, us in 1982.

Hahaha three 1st place teams all lost to 4th place teams in the first round. 

Opened up the door for us. Loved that '82 team talent was a little lacking but our team compete was very high. Buncha fighters, every puck.

• Cheers 1

Oilers Long-Term Deals Set for Draisaitl, McDavid, Bouchard (msn.com)

Stauffer added that Draisaitl is looking for a long-term contract and Seravalli projected the trio of Draisaitl, McDavid, and Bouchard would sign for a combined salary of $40 million within two years. Stauffer figured McDavid would come in at $16 million, Draisaitl at $14 million, and Bouchard at $10 million. “If the Oilers are sitting in their office with (hockey boss) Jeff Jackson’s big board that he has up there, I think the numbers are really close to that. The cap is also going to be $100 million then.”

Imagine thinking you have a shot at the cup with 3 players making $40 million...

vigneault.gif

Edited by Elias Pettersson

I believe the Cats will take it tonight on Coiler ice..Deadmonton will probably play uninspired hockey like eff this shit, My Va-cay bags are already packed.

One thing most Canadians can take pride in is that the cup will be raised on Canadian soil!

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oilers Long-Term Deals Set for Draisaitl, McDavid, Bouchard (msn.com)

Stauffer added that Draisaitl is looking for a long-term contract and Seravalli projected the trio of Draisaitl, McDavid, and Bouchard would sign for a combined salary of $40 million within two years. Stauffer figured McDavid would come in at $16 million, Draisaitl at $14 million, and Bouchard at $10 million. “If the Oilers are sitting in their office with (hockey boss) Jeff Jackson’s big board that he has up there, I think the numbers are really close to that. The cap is also going to be $100 million then.”

Imagine thinking you have a shot at the cup with 3 players making $40 million...

vigneault.gif

..Also 1 crappy d-man making 9..and a goaltender buried in the minors making 5.

image.gif.0e282fe4f408455bc27c68dca7bbb9b6.gif

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • Wiener 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Funny how we were in awe of Barkov's abilities a few months back, and now here he is... about to raise a Cup over his head.  Goes to show how important selke level forwards are to a Cup winning roster.

Haha, no kidding eh. Being able to shut down teams come playoff time critical and players who can do that are very valuable.

• Cheers 1

What's scary is Tkachuk has turned into a complete hockey player. He hasn't scored a goal since game one in the Rangers series.

Yet he's at 5 goals, 15 assists, and 20 points in 20 games.

Imagine if Tkachuk starts scoring?

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's scary is Tkachuk has turned into a complete hockey player. He hasn't scored a goal since game one in the Rangers series.

Yet he's at 5 goals, 15 assists, and 20 points in 20 games.

Imagine if Tkachuk starts scoring?

Well.... well.... Juolevi has more vowels in his name.

• Haha 4

Just now, HKSR said:

Well.... well.... Juolevi has more vowels in his name.

Honestly if I have a time machine, the Canucks making a screwed up draft pick would be low on the list of things I'd change.

It's just another one in a long line.

Like Jason Herter, Dan Woodley, Josh Holden, Brad Ference.....