[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's scary is Tkachuk has turned into a complete hockey player. He hasn't scored a goal since game one in the Rangers series.

Yet he's at 5 goals, 15 assists, and 20 points in 20 games.

Imagine if Tkachuk starts scoring?

Thank Benning (the moran) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I can't wait for the post loss press conference to hear how Edmonton is still the better team. 

Knoblauch:

If we didn't hit 2 or 3 posts in every one of the games in these finals, we'd be hoisting the cup!

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Damn I want Florida to win. Paul is awesome. He's paid his dues. I'm not gonna lie his description of Saturday Night is pure Canadiana.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 6/13/2024 at 10:22 PM, CBH1926 said:

Agree on both of those points but Skinner has been awful in this series.

He hasn't been that bad, considering Nurse and Ceci are useless, Bouchard is defensively clueless, Kulak is a placeholder, Broberg is an AHL defender and Desharnais is a 7th or 8th guy at best. So how did Edmonton even get to the Final? They outscored their opposition, but Florida and Paul Maurice have done a brilliant job of muzzling Mcd, Drai, Nuge, Kane and Hyman. So glorious to see those guys shut down (although I like Nugent-Hopkins). But Skinner has been adequate considering the leaky defence ahead of him.

I'm surprised with all these advanced stats guru's people aren't impressed as they should be with Florida. Sure Edmonton is getting shots on net. But they are mostly from the outside and low danger chances that Bob Rossky can do his artistic saves on. And doesn't take into account there are whole shifts where Florida looks dangerous, but doesn't score. But all the media does is keep pumping Edmonton's tires on how "great" they are playing.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

such a smart, thoughtful, insightful guy. always a treat to listen to; he gets it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm surprised with all these advanced stats guru's people aren't impressed as they should be with Florida. Sure Edmonton is getting shots on net. But they are mostly from the outside and low danger chances that Bob Rossky can do his artistic saves on. And doesn't take into account there are whole shifts where Florida looks dangerous, but doesn't score. But all the media does is keep pumping Edmonton's tires on how "great" they are playing.

Yea they need to stop saying Edmonton is the better team. Just because you get more zone time and get more shots on goal doesn't actually mean you're the better team. 

If you look at the goals that Panther scored in game 3, they all start in their own zone with a defensive play, take the puck away to the other way and scored. I'm most impressed with watching them get out of their own zone consistently with simple plays knowing where each other are all the time - just smart smart hockey. It's truly impressive.

There's not enough talk about how McDavid is not a 200 ft player. Sure he doesn't give the puck away, but when the puck is his own zone he doesn't do enough to prevent a goal. It's very evident when you watch Barkov is on the ice with 97. McDavid can score all the points during regular season, but when it matters I would much rather have Barkov on my team - at a lower cap hit too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Knoblauch:

If we didn't hit 2 or 3 posts in every one of the games in these finals, we'd be hoisting the cup!

Posts? Are we going there again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Knoblauch:

knoblauch will be the marshal for the Expected Goals Cup parade in downtown edmonton after the series wraps up. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, tas said:

such a smart, thoughtful, insightful guy. always a treat to listen to; he gets it. 

I try not to miss his interviews, He's very honest and thoughtful..actually takes time and thinks before he speaks and doesn't say cliche shit.

• Like 1

So to summarize the Oilers plan to win the cup:

Re-sign McDavid to $16 million per

Re-sign Draisaitl to $14 million per

Re-sign Bouchard to $10 million per

Nurse is at $9.25 million per for 6 more years

Backup goalie Jack Campbell is at $5 million per for 3 more years

My math tells me that is $54.25 million for 5 players.  The cap is expected to go up to $100 million in 3 years.  So, the Oilers plan to win the Stanley Cup is to have 54% of their total cap tied up to 5 players...

giphy (11).gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So to summarize the Oilers plan to win the cup:

Re-sign McDavid to $16 million per

Re-sign Draisaitl to $14 million per

Re-sign Bouchard to $10 million per

Nurse is at $9.25 million per for 6 more years

Backup goalie Jack Campbell is at $5 million per for 3 more years

My math tells me that is $54.25 million for 5 players. 4 players (Soup Cans will only be allowed near the net if the Zamboni driver isn't available once Skinner and whomever is the backup are bleeding profusely from being run over by a herd of stampeding water buffaloes). The cap is expected to go up to $100 million in 3 years.  So, the Oilers plan to win the Stanley Cup is to have 54% of their total cap tied up to 5 players...

giphy (11).gif

FIFY

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Juice is the best.

Luke the wannabe could've taken a page out of his book. Juice is himself...authentic, sarcastic but....adds a lot of good value to the overall hockey commentary and break downs. 

Luke? Spoiled brat syndrome. Tantrum. Name calling.

When Juice does it (trolls teams and their "meatia"), he delivers his material in a comical way. Light hearted antic stuff. Not with vile seething hatred flaring out of his nostrils like Lukey boy.

Juice dishes it out and can take it. Luke cries.

Juice was hired because of his persona.   gadzig was hired because they felt sorry for his situation.  The flawed personality unfortunately came out to late for sportsnet to have hired him in the first place. 

But wait there's more!

Watch Edmonton trade a 1st round pick and Campbell to get Seth Jones so they can add $9.5 million.....figuring they are going to save $5 million in net!

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

Knoblauch:

Well, you know hitting the goalpost isn’t good goaltending…

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But wait there's more!

Watch Edmonton trade a 1st round pick to and Campbell to get Seth Jones so they can add $9.5 million.....figuring they are going to save $5 million in net!

Seth Jones and Darnel Nurse as the Coiler 20 million dollar bottom pairing!