[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, Pears said:

Because the vast majority of us here have enough self respect to not cheer for a divisional rival and are sick of the whole "cheer for Canada's team" schtick being shoved down our throats. 

Oilers haven’t been a rival in decades.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Still play each four times a year. Still just had a playoff series with them. 

Just now, cripplereh said:

Yes more like the flamers are our rivals.

To be fair, them neither, when we were good, neither of them were and vice versa. Chicago has been one of our biggest rivals, the L.A.

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

They also have the most Canadian players on the team so there’s that.

Couldn't care less about that tbh. One team has to have the most Canadians, Americans, Russians, etc.  That doesn't impact who I cheer for one little bit.

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Dude, we just played them in the second round, plus they are divisional, take your mullet greaser love somewhere else

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Mostly as they've sucked. It very definitely changed this year and next will be a big rivalry after the playoff encounter.

1 minute ago, BabyCakes said:

Dude, we just played them in the second round, plus they are divisional, take your mullet greaser love somewhere else

Yah and before that was 32 years ago and they weren’t that good back then, that’s not a rivalry.

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

He hasn't been that bad, considering Nurse and Ceci are useless, Bouchard is defensively clueless, Kulak is a placeholder, Broberg is an AHL defender and Desharnais is a 7th or 8th guy at best. So how did Edmonton even get to the Final? They outscored their opposition, but Florida and Paul Maurice have done a brilliant job of muzzling Mcd, Drai, Nuge, Kane and Hyman. So glorious to see those guys shut down (although I like Nugent-Hopkins). But Skinner has been adequate considering the leaky defence ahead of him.

Oilers defense is not very good indeed.
When you allow goal on the first shot in game 1, that takes momentum out of the team.

Skinner got beat 11 times on first shot during the regular season and the playoffs.

I am not saying they lost 3 games because of him, because obviously Florida D has shut down their stars.

He is not the first goalie playing in front of crappy defense but his save % in those 3 games has been pedestrian to say the least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Mostly as they've sucked. It very definitely changed this year and next will be a big rivalry after the playoff encounter.

I think this may be their peak, I’m sure there will be changes in the off season.

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't consider Edmonton my team because they are the Canadian based franchise playing (surviving). Who actually thinks that way?

If that's what's required; I'll defect..😝

I’ve been to Florida, had to go there a few time for work as well, I’m rooting for Edmonton.

• Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Just for the record, we’ve only met the Oilers 3 times in the playoffs, 1986, 1992, 2024 but they beat us all three times.

They got a gift from us with several players banged up and Boeser not able to play at all.

• Like 1