[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

A better HNIC panel would be talking next game already ..

geezus  ,  did the Oilers win the Cup and Nurse just validate his contract with a goal?

All I saw was Skinner finally getting some puck luck for the sake of Panther fans.

The media will be whooping it up for the next three days trust me.

They’ve been waiting for this moment to fuel up the hype train.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If the Canucks are out  usually pick a few team I’d like to see win, I did cheer for Vegas because I love going there and spent a lot of time there. I also cheered for the Caps because I wanted to see Ovi get one. This time around I was going for any Canadian team first, except the Leafs, but I’m actually OK with Florida winning it too.

Fair enough. I wanted Florida to win last year because, in my books, Vegas hasn't paid their dues like a true expansion team and sucking for a long stretch before making it. Hell, when the caps won, I actually bought a replica Stanley Cup ring. Side note, that has become things I collect, and yes, I bought a Vegas replica ring. 

• Cheers 1

When you have to absolutely, positively, without question have to get there like yesterday.

image.thumb.png.4421845d247b225ca8f015cd89ba7d17.png

Oh ya,

FUCK THE COILERS! GADZIC BLOWS DEAD GOATS!

MCDAVID COULDN'T LEAD A DOG ON A LEASH!

Am I doing it right?

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh well, more hockey to watch.  This offseason will feel shorter than the last for sure.  I didn't even watch the finals last year.  Couldn't stand watching VGK win a cup.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The media will be whooping it up for the next three days trust me.

They’ve been waiting for this moment to fuel up the hype train.

My daughter and I have been in Edmonton since game 1 and been enjoying the atmosphere, wish we were in Vancouver though but the Oilers do do viewing parties right.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My daughter and I have been in Edmonton since game 1 and been enjoying the atmosphere, wish we were in Vancouver though but the Oilers do do viewing parties right.

So, too stupid or drunk to riot?

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

So, too stupid or drunk to riot?

They do have a lot of security and police in place, I think if there was even an inkling of a riot it would get squashed quite quickly. Even after the losses it wasn’t bad, just disappointed fans. Tonight we watched at a friends place so missed the party.

WTH happened? I turned my back for 1 minute to watch the Lions game and the Oilers are pretending they're good?

No. Stop this nonsense...we know what they're really all about. One big puff of smoke and the fire'll go out again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

WTH happened? I turned my back for 1 minute to watch the Lions game and the Oilers are pretending they're good?

No. Stop this nonsense...we know what they're really all about. One big puff of smoke and the fire'll go out again.

If their offence is on they can easily dominate any team, problem is, they’re fragile and can easily pack it in and stink it up due to a weak back end. Those 2 posts right before the shorty were where the game went in the Oilers favor.

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They just wanted to give their fans a proper final Goodbye. Don't worry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Every dog has its day. Even if those dogs are all bitches.

• ThereItIs 2

17 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think the Oilers just pissed the panthers off to play better.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

They just wanted to give their fans a proper final Goodbye. Don't worry.

Can you imagine how much that flight home is gonna suck? Maybe would have been better to lose and crawl into your own bed after?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Can you imagine how much that flight home is gonna suck? Maybe would have been better to lose and crawl into your own bed after?

I was honestly thinking that earlier..But I figured since they're already in Florida they will probably bring their vacation luggage along.

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

That is what happens when you poll people leaving an Oilers game. Perhaps the polling company should try a broader, more diverse audience.

7 out 10 people I know in this little town of Kelowna hate the Coilers and would cheer on the German Hockey Team from 1938 if they were playing the Coilers. The other 3 are too drunk to care who wins.

That poll was nation wide. Says 68% of fans of other teams support the Oilers.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Sorry CDC, looks like the Oilers are Canadas team:

IMG_1512.jpeg

Funny, I wasn't asked.

Neither was anyone I know. LOL

These are some of the findings of an Ipsos poll conducted between June 4 and 5, 2024, on behalf of Global News. For this survey, a sample of 1,001 Canadians aged 18+ was interviewed online

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That poll was nation wide. Says 68% of fans of other teams support the Oilers.

6z6800.gif

I just went outside asked the neighbor with a Leafs logo tattooed on his forehead (Panthers supporter), his dog was licking his balls (not the owners) thus declined to answer. The neighbors across the street have a voodoo doll hanging from the tree wearing an Oilers jersey so I would hazard a guess that the entire household of 5 people are not fans of the Coilers. 

Let's poll the posters here for a sampling of what Canada thinks. I would hazard another guess wouldn't be along partisan lines. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2