[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

7 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I guess not having your top scorer and losing in game 7 with a 3rd string means that we suck...alright cool...I'm happy for you and I'm glad that Edmonton has something fun to do after they go to the mall.

What does BB have to do with the last decade? We had the worst coach in the history of the NHL and we sucked because of that. That is the reason for my profile pic, irregardless, the concert had 10,000 fans not to mention how many more were in the Moss pit, explain to me what Vancouver has done for their fans that tops that, quite frankly, as far as it comes to celebrations of any kind Vancouver sucks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve had season tickets since game one so that doesn’t pass mustard, the pic is for the last decade, I can honestly admit we sucked. I’ve been in Edmonton since game 1 of the SCF and I guarantee you Edmonton does the outdoor fan experience 1000% better than Vancouver.

Oh, yeah? Well, where are the burning dumpsters, the over turned police cars and shattered store windows? Wait. Never mind.

• Haha 3

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Oh, yeah? Well, where are the burning dumpsters, the over turned police cars and shattered store windows? Wait. Never mind.

Sorry, I meant family friendly outdoor fan experiences.

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What does BB have to do with the last decade? We had the worst coach in the history of the NHL and we sucked because of that. That is the reason for my profile pic, irregardless, the concert had 10,000 fans not to mention how many more were in the Moss pit, explain to me what Vancouver has done for their fans that tops that, quite frankly, as far as it comes to celebrations of any kind Vancouver sucks.

..And you spent the whole game on this board posting it up with us loser's here in Vancouver when you could have very well have been in that Moss pit !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

..And you spent the whole game on this board posting it up with us loser's here in Vancouver when you could have very well have been in that Moss pit !

We spent this game watching at a friends place this time, did the Moss pit, it was fun, coming back for the viewing party for game 5.

41 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wait, what? Edmonton sucks because they don’t riot?

I know you love your beloved Coilers and must protect any name calling towards the city of Deadmonton (apparently the Las Vegas of Canada) But don't throw rocks from a glass house, Coiler fans did riot in 2006..so put that in your pipe...

image.thumb.png.79b09a92ee06337550448677e902ff8a.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Results of the previous 6 Canadian teams making the SCF:

1994: Rangers win first Cup in 54 years (beat Vancouver)

2004: Lighting win first Cup in franchise history (beat Calgary)

2006: Ducks win first Cup in franchise history (beat Ottawa)

2007: Hurricanes win first Cup in franchise history (beat Edmonton)

2011: Bruins win first Cup in 39 years (beat Vancouver)

*2021*: Lightning repeat as Champions (beat Montreal)

Notice a trend? The winning team has ended either a decades long drought or won their first ever Cup. I put a * beside 2021 because it wasn't a normal setting. Florida has yet to win but is currently tracking to do so (also 4 of the last 7 Canadian teams to make the SCF are the Canucks x2 and Oilers x2). 

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I know you love your beloved Coilers and must protect any name calling towards the city of Deadmonton (apparently the Las Vegas of Canada) But don't throw rocks from a glass house, Coiler fans did riot in 2006..so put that in your pipe...

image.thumb.png.79b09a92ee06337550448677e902ff8a.png

Firstly, I don’t love the Oilers, just cheering for them from the teams left.

Secondly, I don’t need to shit on the other team, I can root for one without hate but if hate gets you off the you do you.

Thirdly, did not recall that riot but just goes to show there are shit people everywhere.

Luckily we’ve had a lot of fun during the first 2 rounds in Vancouver and now this round in Edmonton, life’s way to short to waste time hating.

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Results of the previous 6 Canadian teams making the SCF:

1994: Rangers win first Cup in 54 years (beat Vancouver)

2004: Lighting win first Cup in franchise history (beat Calgary)

2006: Ducks win first Cup in franchise history (beat Ottawa)

2007: Hurricanes win first Cup in franchise history (beat Edmonton)

2011: Bruins win first Cup in 39 years (beat Vancouver)

*2021*: Lightning repeat as Champions (beat Montreal)

Notice a trend? The winning team has ended either a decades long drought or won their first ever Cup. I put a * beside 2021 because it wasn't a normal setting. Florida has yet to win but is currently tracking to do so (also 4 of the last 7 Canadian teams to make the SCF are the Canucks x2 and Oilers x2). 

Oilers are 16-0, 8-0 and 5-0 after losing 3 in a row, stats are fun.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Florida lost game 4 in Tampa then closed them out 6-1 in game 5, lost game 1 against Boston 5-1 won the next 3 before winning in 6 and finally went down 2-1 in the Rangers before winning the next 3 games. You're right. 

Edited by Pears
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yep... will see if I can remember this post later...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

For somebody being a Canucks fan for as long as you say, you've been, you haven't half changed your colours in a hurry?

I don't get it...  Canucks got done by Oilers, the team got slagged off by some ex pro pundits, and the Oilers players were less than polite towards the Canucks team in victory... So why the fuck would be so in awe of this hillbilly team? I just don't get it...

There is zero chance people would change their colours and start to support a team, who just beat them and belittled them, where I come from.... 

You're either a fan, or you're not... Am I missing something here?

I’ve played sports against my best friends and hated them during the games and back to best friends after just as I hated the Oilers when we played then but can cheer for them once it’s was over. At no time have I ever had a need to attack players on another team, wish them harm, shit on their fans or their city and quite frankly as I Canucks fan that behaviour is embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve played sports against my best friends and hated them during the games and back to best friends after just as I hated the Oilers when we played then but can cheer for them once it’s was over. At no time have I ever had a need to attack players on another team, wish them harm, shit on their fans or their city and quite frankly as I Canucks fan that behaviour is embarrassing. 

But it's all fun and games when Coilers fans constantly attack us with racist, homophobic comments, tell us to burn our city down, make fun of Boeser's dead father and hope a player they don't like gets shot right?

• Cheers 1

Anyway, cheers from Edmonton, gotta sleep, off to Banff in the morning, looking forward to another Oilers victory on Tuesday. Live, laugh love or hate, cry die, choice is always yours.

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

But it's all fun and games when Coilers fans constantly attack us with racist, homophobic comments, tell us to burn our city down, make fun of Boeser's dead father and hope a player they don't like gets shot right?

Like I said, shit people everywhere, you can choose to be one or not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

They beat each other up.

Least we rioted together.

27 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

They beat each other up.

Least we rioted together.

Well that's bound to happen when they find out there's still one cow left that doesn't have herpes.