[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

I don’t know about you guys but the Oilers coming back from a 3-0 deficit to win the Stanley cup after beating us in game 7 rd 2 is the worst sports case scenario I could have ever imagined. The only thing that would be worse is if we were Florida and Edmonton was Toronto. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, you don't just assume the puck went in and skate out of the play.  That's just poor effort.  How do u think Tkachuk feels after his effort?

Not as shitty as OEL feels is my guess. It was a mistake. Sitting on your couch, it's easy to roast OEL with you hindsight goggles and being able to watch on your tv. It happened, but it doesn't change how good he has been for them.

14 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Off-topic but I have no idea how any other hockey team beats Canada. McDavid, Mackinnon, Crosby, Bedard. Good luck to the other teams.

Our Goalie position is probably the weakest. Defense outside of Makar is suspect. 

Just how script was written. Oilers had horrible start and now they’re down 3-0 and crawling back. They are most comfortable when their backs are against the wall. Gotta tip your hat to them. Unfortunately the Canucks if down 3-0 in a series they could get 1 win but they would’ve lost game 5. 

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Not as shitty as OEL feels is my guess. It was a mistake. Sitting on your couch, it's easy to roast OEL with you hindsight goggles and being able to watch on your tv. It happened, but it doesn't change how good he has been for them.

Imagine if JT Miller did what tkachuk did and OEL skated away and Canucks lose game 5 and are now going to game 6 after being up 3-0 in the series....

5 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Our Goalie position is probably the weakest. Defense outside of Makar is suspect. 

Suspect?  Makar's partner Toews? Noah Dobson? Morrissey? Heck Bouchard? Pietrangelo? Power?

Toews-Makar

Morrissey-Dobson

Power-Pietrangelo

Seems good to me.

If the Oilers somehow win this series, the Conn Smythe should not go to McDavid or Bouchard or Skinner.

It should go to the Oiler PK unit as a whole... these guys are the ones who have been the real difference all playoff long.

I thought this game was being dominated by the Panthers in the first.

But the first period shortie changed everything.

All of a sudden the wind was taken out of the Panther's sails and the Oilers got energy... especially McDavid.  He loves playing with the lead because his number of chances triple because the other side is pressing.

Panthers didn't get their legs back till Tkachuk scored.

Series odds still in favour of Florida... winning 4 games in a row is a really tough job in the playoffs.

I think the first goal is critical in game 6... Oilers score first and we're going back to Florida.  Panther's score and the Oilers start to feel the pressure.

47 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

As bad as OEL looked on that goal, it really didn't matter. If he was focusing and made a good play to check the Doofus, there just wasnt much time left to get the puck down ice for a goal.

But it was still a terrible effort.

Panthers need to waive power plays until they have a lead. Montour is just not getting it done on the PP, and the shorties kill them. The momentum the Oilers take from them makes my gut hurt.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

How?

Good question. Obviously if it were simple they would have done it already. Having some extra review of calls and noncalls is one answer but that takes time and can kill the flow of the game. I'm not sure what process they have with review, feedback, and correction the league provides to the officials but more wouldn't hurt. It would need to be maybe by an independent board so there is no internal bias.