[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's a stupid take. He's a professional. How is accepting an award abandoning his team-mates? He's going to be on the plane with them and be with them afterwords. All the players know there's a Conn Smythe Trophy. And all players know win or lose the NHL expects you to take a picture, even if it's a stoic, grim face. He's taking 5 minutes out of the night. He's got the rest of the evening to be with his team. This just shows he can't handle adversity. And shows to me serious character and leadership flaws.

Once again, maybe if he learned how to be a more complete player so he can help his team win should be something he should focus on. Not his own ego.

because he doesn't give a shit about that trophy and he does give a shit about the guys in his room.

every captain worth his salt would have done the exact same thing. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's a stupid take. He's a professional. How is accepting an award abandoning his team-mates? He's going to be on the plane with them and be with them afterwords. All the players know there's a Conn Smythe Trophy. And all players know win or lose the NHL expects you to take a picture, even if it's a stoic, grim face. He's taking 5 minutes out of the night. He's got the rest of the evening to be with his team. This just shows he can't handle adversity. And shows to me serious character and leadership flaws.

Once again, maybe if he learned how to be a more complete player so he can help his team win should be something he should focus on. Not his own ego.

Nowadays group hug moments aren’t to be  interrupted under any circumstances !

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

“Abandon his team mates”

Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

All these pathetic excuses for poor character are a delicious addition to my celebratory steak and eggs this morning. 

Life isn’t easy. Suck it up buttercup.

poor character would have been going out to accept an individual trophy at that point in time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

because he doesn't give a shit about that trophy and he does give a shit about the guys in his room.

No

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, tas said:

being their captain is the biggest reason (of several) NOT to go accept an individual award while your teammates are all crying inconsolably.  

it's about the team, not the individual. 

That's why it's so funny, it burns Mcdiver no matter what 😆

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Wonder if Juice starts to get the itch to get back in the game and try and win a cup like Lu.

I would think coaching would be a natural fit for him.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

The Oilers fans should stop calling him McJesus, for like the real Jesus who disappeared for 3 days, so did McDavid the last 2 games.  🙂

The Jesus name shall not be mocked, He showed them real quick!

14 minutes ago, tas said:

McWhiner Baby knows this was his chance to move into the tier with the all time greats. He didn’t show up. Zero points in a one goal loss. His legacy, and he understands this, will be tied to Cups. He has none. He knows he’s in tier two with the likes of Dionne. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wonder if Juice starts to get the itch to get back in the game and try and win a cup like Lu.

I would think coaching would be a natural fit for him.

I dunno possible?

I think he doesn't want to leave Anahiem and is coaching his kid.

17 minutes ago, tas said:

poor character would have been going out to accept an individual trophy at that point in time. 

Incorrect - accepting that trophy would have shown he is above adversity.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh come on, this was more about his sulking than being there for his team. He's MR. Individual.

I think this is evidence to the opposite. I can't stand McDavid either, but I think he did the right thing, and I would have been absolutely shocked to see him come out and accept it. 

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

incorrect. it would have shown his priorities are in the wrong place. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

Ok so he should also not go to the NHL awards because no on gives a shit about those trophies either right? Maybe refuse to go to every All-Star game?

The fact both you and him don't understand how rare it is that a player from a losing team wins basically the best player of the playoffs, that's only happened what 7 times?

It's actually a massive compliment to the player.

The trophy isn't awarded to the best player of the winning team. It's the best overall performance in the playoffs. Doesn't sound like leadership to me. He can even say this award should go to the entire team. That is what a leader would do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

You mean the trophy that was named after amoung other things an individual who served in BOTH WWI and WWII ?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McWhiner Baby knows this was his chance to move into the tier with the all time greats. He didn’t show up. Zero points in a one goal loss. His legacy, and he understands this, will be tied to Cups. He has none. He knows he’s in tier two with the likes of Dionne. 

I can agree with some of this.

13 minutes ago, tas said:

yes?

asserting yourself doesn't make you right, there, fella. 

So you can assert your wrong opinion and say mines not right there fella? There’s a long list of players that have won this trophy. You know Bobby Orr you know guys like that. That maybe won the cup as well as the conn smyth. But entitlement issues weren’t a thing back then.  Had mcwhiner won the cup he would blazed a Trail to the podium. He’s got lots of class. Unfortunately for him it’s all second!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

16 minutes ago, tas said:

That’s right. When things gets difficult it’s important to demonstrate to your teammates that failing to meet adversity head on is the right choice. 

Cope.

• ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok so he should also not go to the NHL awards because no on gives a shit about those trophies either right? Maybe refuse to go to every All-Star game?

The fact both you and him don't understand how rare it is that a player from a losing team wins basically the best player of the playoffs, that's only happened what 7 times?

It's actually a massive compliment to the player.

The trophy isn't awarded to the best player of the winning team. It's the best overall performance in the playoffs. Doesn't sound like leadership to me. He can even say this award should go to the entire team. That is what a leader would do.

the all star game and NHL awards are entirely different situations to such an extent that I won't even signify this with an actual response. 

2 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

So you can assert your wrong opinion and say mines not right there fella? There’s a long list of players that have won this trophy. You know Bobby Orr you know guys like that. That maybe won the cup as well as the conn smyth. But entitlement issues weren’t a thing back then.  Had mcwhiner won the cup he would blazed a Trail to the podium. He’s got lots of class. Unfortunately for him it’s all second!

This ^ he does it to honour the past greats, and also his team mates that helped him win it.

He's always been selfish and this just shows it more.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3