[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

So you can assert your wrong opinion and say mines not right there fella? There’s a long list of players that have won this trophy. You know Bobby Orr you know guys like that. That maybe won the cup as well as the conn smyth. But entitlement issues weren’t a thing back then.  Had mcwhiner won the cup he would blazed a Trail to the podium. He’s got lots of class. Unfortunately for him it’s all second!

yeah, he would have. but instead he was devastated with the rest of his teammates and did the only thing that a reasonable person would expect him to do. 

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

That’s right. When things gets difficult it’s important to demonstrate to your teammates that failing to meet adversity head on is the right choice. 

Cope.

it's important to demonstrate that solidarity in loss with your teammates is more important than accepting an individual award. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Bro the not accepting is a slap in the face to the award itself, It should be an honor and be treated like one. Be grateful.

no, it's not. it's a clear statement about his priorities. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

yeah, he would have. but instead he was devastated with the rest of his teammates and did the only thing that a reasonable person would expect him to do. 

Damn, this really mattered to you. 

Let's look at it this way, say it was Kesler in 2011  instead of Mcbaby. You think anyone would give him a pass? 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

first and only game that I've watched since OUR game 7.

loved every second of it.

alas, there is no joy in Oil-ville.....mighty Connor HAS.STRUCK.OUT. 

I hope that the league fines McDoofus for not showing up on the ice to accept his consolation trophy.... but alas, he was too busy being pissy in the showers. Proves what a poor example of a captain he is. Man up. Take the good with the bad. A REAL man knows how to win, AND lose. There's 3 months to cry over spilled milk before next season, buck up and at least skate out, shake Gary's hand... let them take a photo or 2 , then you can go back and cry in the shower. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

first and only game that I've watched since OUR game 7.

loved every second of it.

alas, there is no joy in Oil-ville.....mighty Connor HAS.STRUCK.OUT. 

I hope that the league fines McDoofus for not showing up on the ice to accept his consolation trophy.... but alas, he was too busy being pissy in the showers. Proves what a poor example of a captain he is. Man up. Take the good with the bad. A REAL man knows how to win, AND lose. There's 3 months to cry over spilled milk before next season, buck up and at least skate out, shake Gary's hand... let them take a photo or 2 , then you can go back and cry in the shower. 

If it was Soucy he'd get a 50 game suspension

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

Something needs to spur this kid to man up sooner or later. staying in the room with other devastated players is weak ! Piss poor example period!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

no, it's not. it's a clear statement about his priorities. 

I guess Kesler should have ran and hid in the dressing room and not accepted the silver medal?...chill with the lame excuses.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Damn, this really mattered to you. 

Let's look at it this way, say it was Kesler in 2011  instead of Mcbaby. You think anyone would give him a pass? 

I absolutely would have, but that was also on home ice, so a different story. it would have given the fans a chance to salute him. 

edit: and I would say it mattered far less to me than it does all the hyenas frothing at the mouth to tear McDavid apart. 

Edited by tas

3 minutes ago, tas said:

it's important to demonstrate that solidarity in loss with your teammates is more important than accepting an individual award. 

So when he leaves his team that's skating off the ice to celebrate wiining game 7 vs Canucks to go be interviewed individually? While our team was having a moment of solidarity with their fans?

Spin it however you like, he was sulking and it wasn't about his team. He couldn't face the music because, in his words, they expected to win. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I absolutely would have, but that was also on home ice, so a different story. it would have given the fans a chance to salute him. 

Uh....there were probably more Oiler fans there than Panther fans. He snubbed those fans who traveled to support him and his team. Sorry, no.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This ^ he does it to honour the past greats, and also his team mates that helped him win it.

He's always been selfish and this just shows it more.

One wouldn’t want to stoop with likes of the names attached to this trophy. Ya he’s not showing any disservice to any of those guys. Naw not at all

Edited by Chon derry
  • ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He would have been a far better player with our team this year...but we would not have had that team with him and his cap hit. Good for him! 

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So when he leaves his team that's skating off the ice to celebrate wiining game 7 vs Canucks to go be interviewed individually? While our team was having a moment of solidarity with their fans?

Spin it however you like, he was sulking and it wasn't about his team. He couldn't face the music because, in his words, they expected to win. 

you can choose to believe the worst about someone if you want, I'll go with empathy. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Bro the not accepting is a slap in the face to the award itself, It should be an honor and be treated like one. Be grateful.

When given the choice McDiva and the rest of those cry babies always go with be a petulant bitch. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Every time I hear Barkov is from Finland I forget that he is from Finland and I’m confused. Am I the only one? 

Me too!!

• Haha 1

Just now, tas said:

you can choose to believe the worst about someone if you want, I'll go with empathy. 

Like the empathy he showed when he was high sticking our players in the face. "Accidentally on purpose". 

No empathy from me.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Uh....there were probably more Oiler fans there than Panther fans. He snubbed those fans who traveled to support him and his team. Sorry, no.

view it however you like. I disagree. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

Like the empathy he showed when he was high sticking our players in the face. "Accidentally on purpose". 

No empathy from me.

its more the narrative that suddenly he's a good captain, please.

• Like 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

its more the narrative that suddenly he's a good captain, please.

If bitching and moaning were an Olympic sport I'd want him as our captain.....

• Haha 4