[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

I am sorry but Mathews is and always will be the regular season champ. It is not even close. 

Matthews is arguably one of the most talented goal scorers in a very long time. McD is fast and skilled but not the same level in terms of scoring imo.

7 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Fact of the matter is Edmonton looks beat up and Florida looks like a team that’s been here before, learned, and now knows what it takes. Florida is a much deeper team and Edmontons lack of depth and not having McDavid and Draisital bail them out in this series is having them showing their true colours. They’ve played better defence since Knoblauch took over  but at the end of the day you are who you are. 

They are 2-3 top 4 d-man, A much better bottom 6 and possibly a better goalie away from a cup...🙃

14 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Which do you think is the best 2-way centremen at their prime?

Bergeron, Kopitar or Barkov?

That's a tough one, I think Bergeron and Kopitar are probably better offensively than their numbers have indicated over the years

Kopitar in particular, offense hasn't usually been the King's bread and butter and he's still led them in points most seasons 

Barkov's put up better offensive numbers but I dunno, prime Kopitar was a two-way monster, Bergeron's arguably the best two-way guy ever

Kopitar's also the only guy with more than one cup, and if not for Bergeron he'd probably have more than two Selke's, he should have also been a Conn Smythe winner

As of right now I'd take either prime Bergeron or Kopitar over Barkov though

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's a tough one, I think Bergeron and Kopitar are probably better offensively than their numbers have indicated over the years

Kopitar in particular, offense hasn't usually been the King's bread and butter and he's still led them in points most seasons 

Barkov's put up better offensive numbers but I dunno, prime Kopitar was a two-way monster, Bergeron's arguably the best two-way guy ever

Kopitar's also the only guy with more than one cup, and if not for Bergeron he'd probably have more than two Selke's 

As of right now I'd take either prime Bergeron or Kopitar over Barkov though

I’d be happy with any! 

Hopefully Petey can return to that Selke / Datsyuk comparison next year! 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I’d be happy with any! 

I think he can get himself into the conversation again, but he'll almost certainly have to do so as a center 

It's harder for a winger to win it 

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I’d be happy with any! 

Petey playing at 200 lbs and honing in on his two way game is how we reach this level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Oh Dear ... Well ... There is your problem

image.thumb.png.05c159530526fe99af50787a6c340fbc.png

Funny seeing so many oiler fans blaming Skinner on Twitter and on HFBoards when the problem is right there.  

Florida has done a masterful job at shutting them all down.  Bob is also on a historic run.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fitting that Barkov scored the game winner.

Not only is Draisaitl a ghost in this series he couldn’t even succeed at injuring the other teams best player. 🤣

Wasn’t for a lack of trying. Karma’s a bitch.