[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Panthers are a pretty dirty team.

All teams in the playoffs are. I have seen far more dangerous shots from the Oilers. But also just the personalities and presence of the players - McDavid might be a generational player but he's pretty sulky and can be a bit of a whiner.  It is actually one of the things that I really didn't like about the young Gretzky - he complained to the ref pretty much after every whistle it felt like at times. Fortunately he grew out of it.

Edited by CanuckDownUnder
typo

6 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

All teams in the playoffs are. I have seen far more dangerous shots from the Oilers. But also just the personalities and presence of the players - McDavid might be a generational player but he's pretty sulky and can be a bit of a whiner.  It is actually one of the things that I really didn't like about the young Gretzky - he complained to the ref pretty much after every whistle it felt like at times. Fortunately he grew out of it.

I think the worst play in the playoffs was Bennett sucker punch, just happened to be on Marchand so people seem to dismiss it, last the knee, I believe by Tkachuk, on Hyman? Was pretty bad too. McDavid still needs to grow up but I enjoy watching him, he is amazing.

As bad as a lot of shots in this thread are against the Oilers I’d bet they’d be just as bad against the Panthers if we were playing them.

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think the worst play in the playoffs was Bennett sucker punch, just happened to be on Marchand so people seem to dismiss it, last the knee, I believe by Tkachuk, on Hyman? Was pretty bad too. McDavid still needs to grow up but I enjoy watching him, he is amazing.

As bad as a lot of shots in this thread are against the Oilers I’d bet they’d be just as bad against the Panthers if we were playing them.

Agreed - the Bennett punch was pretty bad. Neither are angels for sure.  I wonder how McDavid would be on another team - one that is a bit deeper and maybe more team focused (so less reliance on him and especially just the PP). I think he is wasted on the current version of the Oilers in some ways.

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Agreed - the Bennett punch was pretty bad. Neither are angels for sure.  I wonder how McDavid would be on another team - one that is a bit deeper and maybe more team focused (so less reliance on him and especially just the PP). I think he is wasted on the current version of the Oilers in some ways.

Oilers hung their hat on Campbell and that backfired but with the top offensive talent they have it’s next to impossible to build a balanced team with a salary cap. I’m trying to think of a team that might be a good fit for him, maybe Winnipeg?

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oilers hung their hat on Campbell and that backfired but with the top offensive talent they have it’s next to impossible to build a balanced team with a salary cap. I’m trying to think of a team that might be a good fit for him, maybe Winnipeg?

Might be interesting. Not that I think they'll move him in the next year or so, but going to a rebuilding team would be horrible for the game so it would need to be someone close to having all the pieces.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

How about Ryan's spear to Höglander's nuts? McDavid's intentional high stick to Hughes? Hyman crosschecking Zadorov in the neck? Draisaitl's jumping elbow into Barkov's face? Nurse's knee on knee to Bennett that should've been a major? 

Yup. Coilers are getting the benefit of league cheating. Really they should not even be here. Cheating league is the only reason why. Loser player, loser team. Loser city. Loser fans. And soon they will all be dead and gone. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

How about Ryan's spear to Höglander's nuts? McDavid's intentional high stick to Hughes? Hyman crosschecking Zadorov in the neck? Draisaitl's jumping elbow into Barkov's face? Nurse's knee on knee to Bennett that should've been a major? 

I don’t think any of those were worse than the sucker punch.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Might be interesting. Not that I think they'll move him in the next year or so, but going to a rebuilding team would be horrible for the game so it would need to be someone close to having all the pieces.

I don’t either, just hard picturing him anywhere else, I could see the Oilers trading Drai and building a bit around McD.

1 minute ago, Chon derry said:

Have a close look  at this play. Tell me mcdavid wasn’t aware of where stick was Without telling me he wasn’t aware of where his stick was.  Tell me how the play wasn’t called ?  Also take a look at how fast mcdavid leaves the ice. We could also talk about draisidls hit on barkov if you want. Or we could talk about soucys suspension over these 2 separate oiler plays. piss off you fake Canuck troll. 

News flash, Canucks are out, seems you just can’t move on. Love the personal attacks, keep it classy.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pears said:

A spear of any kind is an automatic 5 minute major. 

It seems like there have been more spears this playoffs than I've seen in a very long time. Spears are the extremely dangerous and in this era, any player spearing intentionally should be suspended automatically. There's no need for it in the game. Period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

A spear of any kind is an automatic 5 minute major. 

Spears are pretty bad and deserve 5, that sucker punch brought back memories of Bertuzzi and that ended very badly. Marchand was hurt quite bad by the punch.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

News flash, Canucks are out, seems you just can’t move on. Love the personal attacks, keep it classy.

No one is attacking you personally. We are saying the team you cheer for, the Coilers, stink. The city you live in, Deadmonton, is a sh*t hole. That’s not attacking you. It’s stating facts. Argue the post and not the poster. Prove Alf wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

No one is attacking you personally. We are saying the team you cheer for, the Coilers, stink. The city you live in, Deadmonton, is a sh*t hole. That’s not attacking you. It’s stating facts. Argue the post and not the poster. Prove Alf wrong. 

Read the last page, quite a few personal attacks, quite disgusting, even bringing my wife into it, not cool.

• Cheers 1