[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

11 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

When you think of it though, in a high-pressured situation, none of those USA goalies (sorry Demko) have won a cup. At least Hill and Binnington have done that.
Yes, I know Price doesn't have a cup either but he was regarded undoubtedly as the best in the world at the time. 

Demko thrives in high pressure games. I won't be surprised if they play him ahead of Hellebyuck in elimination games.

10 hours ago, Sapper said:

Florida had one job .... One freakin job......

I could have handled an oiler win in a 7 game series that was back and forth ... To be up 3-0 and then potentially give the Oilers the claim of only the second team in NHL history to come back after being down 3-0 and win .... We will never hear the end of it ..... Florida ... Wake the F up please lol

If Oilers lose I'll celebrate

If the Panthers lose, I'll celebrate too.

I get the Oiler hate. Our division, already won five Cups,, had so much luck in the draft over the last decade including snagging the best player on the planet.......again.  So they'll be no tears for them if they do lose eventually.

But why aren't more in here wanting Florida to lose in this spectacular fashion?  Do you really want to watch yet another team, this one entering the league 23 freakin years after we entered, win before we do?  There's nothing we can do about Edmonton.  To me, 5 vs 6 Cups doesn't move the needle.  But yet another team,  a southern American Bettman special, lording the Cup down their main street? Watching another team and its fans tick off the accomplishment of winning a Stanley Cup? OMG

I think Florida losing will in some small way move their fan base to experience somewhat what Canucks fans have endured.  Albeit in a more compressed timeline. 

Reaching the Final in 96 and getting swept (by Colorado)

.....Canucks get swept in '82 by the Islanders

Reaching the Final in '22 but losing to Vegas

.....Canucks lose to NY Rangers in '94

Reach the Final in '24,  go up 3-0 in the series......only to lose? TBD

....Canucks go up 2-0 in the '11 Final.......only to lose to Boston.

To me this bandwagon town of Sunrise where hockey is dissed by most, winning it all would hit just as hard, but in a different way, than an Oilers win.

Imagine the pain for those fans if they ended up losing their third crack at a SCF series after being up by a few games. 

Oh....wait.

Yes, I want them to suffer at least a part of what we fans have suffered, before they get their dirty mitts on the Cup.

If Edmonton does win, my consolation prize, the silver lining, will be watching another team's fans pay their rightful dues in pain and misery before winning anything.  Especially a Bettman hockey wasteland special from 1993

I guess it boils down to, after decades of following the Canucks, i can't celebrate or cheer for ANY other team to win anymore.

I watch the SCF to watch the best, most intense, hockey watching experience available.  I love watching great hockey. I'm rooting for a seventh game in Florida. I just want to watch more of this series. I don't really care who wins, or loses, for the reasons above. 

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 1

I would much rather watch Florida win their first Cup than have to listen to SN and TSN go on and on about how great McSucky was. I can see them calling him a Hero for (as they'll spin it) single-handedly bringing the Cup back to Canada. F*** that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Florida was just coasting along up until the mid 2nd-3rd they started to finally wake the fuck up..I bet it's over on Fri. Last finals sits in their brain, Don't need that repeat...

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

George Bush Dancing GIF

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I would much rather watch Florida win their first Cup than have to listen to SN and TSN go on and on about how great McSucky was. I can see them calling him a Hero for (as they'll spin it) single-handedly bringing the Cup back to Canada. F*** that. 

It boggles my mind that Canadians are so upset that a Canadian sports network would focus on the Canadian superstar on a canadian team in the Stanley cup finals, in a year where he's on the brink of breaking the all time playoff scoring record

Why would expect anything different?

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

It boggles my mind that Canadians are so upset that a Canadian sports network would focus on the Canadian superstar on a canadian team in the Stanley cup finals, in a year where he's on the brink of breaking the all time playoff scoring record

One would expect them to realize how badly the Oilers are disgracing the sport and understand that many will have zero respect for one of the most gutless teams in the history of the sport.  One would hope that the dirtbags in charge of HNIC would expect a little professionalism.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

Let's face it... if the Oilers manage to come back and win this thing after being down 3-0, they deserve the Cup.  It's hard enough to come back from a 3-0 deficit, let alone doing it in the Stanley Cup finals. 

Still a long ways from that. But yes, if they do, the fact that it is so rare to do, you'd have to at least begrudgingly give them some credit. I am still hopeful it won;t come to that and FLA pays more like they did in the first three games and ends it in 6.

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Holy shit the 2 day in between every travel is that something new I don’t recall extra day off for every travel in the finals if this goes 7 there’s 8 days in between for travels 

I don't get it. Not being a fan of either team (but wanting Edmonton to lose) it is really hard to stay engaged with. If there is a Game 7, it would be on June 24th.  Last year's series ended Game 5 on June 13 so that was really late too.  The owners would never agree of course, but the best of 5 in the first round was a good format imo. For that round, I'd be surprised if the outcomes were that different in 7 games over 5 anyways. The whole playoffs have just become too long.

6 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I don't get it. Not being a fan of either team (but wanting Edmonton to lose) it is really hard to stay engaged with. If there is a Game 7, it would be on June 24th.  Last year's series ended Game 5 on June 13 so that was really late too.  The owners would never agree of course, but the best of 5 in the first round was a good format imo. For that round, I'd be surprised if the outcomes were that different in 7 games over 5 anyways. The whole playoffs have just become too long.

lol i'm pretty much tuned out now.. i was excited to watch the florida win.. but after 6 days of break? i don't care anymore

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stawns said:

It’s the mcdavid and oilers fatigue the amount of bias and oiler crap shoved down our throat since round 1 heck since he entered the league while glancing over all the team not named Toronto or Edmonton.. ya I can see why Canadians are upset and don’t give a fuk about mcdavid whether he’s a Canadian or not

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

On the other hand, them talking about McSucky is better than hearing how Toronto brought the cup back to Canada. 

37 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

It’s the mcdavid and oilers fatigue the amount of bias and oiler crap shoved down our throat since round 1 heck since he entered the league while glancing over all the team not named Toronto or Edmonton.. ya I can see why Canadians are upset and don’t give a fuk about mcdavid whether he’s a Canadian or not

What do you expect, hrs one of the best players ever.......playing on a Canadian team.  The insecurity, jesus

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

What do you expect, hrs one of the best players ever.......playing on a Canadian team.  The insecurity, jesus

So because he’s a Canadian playing for a Canadian team I need to gush and accept everything they force feed down my throat? Luongo/price was one of the best goalie in Canadian history and playing in a Canadian team in the final do I see any of the coverage shown towards them? The insecurity? More like the insecurity of the ppl willing to cheer for anything Canadian because they have been losers forever 

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Odds are still in Florida’s favor, only NHL team to ever pull reverse sweep was Toronto in 1942.

only NHL team to ever pull reverse sweep in the SCF was Toronto in 1942.

FTFY

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, kilgore said:

If Oilers lose I'll celebrate

If the Panthers lose, I'll celebrate too.

I get the Oiler hate. Our division, already won five Cups,, had so much luck in the draft over the last decade including snagging the best player on the planet.......again.  So they'll be no tears for them if they do lose eventually.

But why aren't more in here wanting Florida to lose in this spectacular fashion?  Do you really want to watch yet another team, this one entering the league 23 freakin years after we entered, win before we do?  There's nothing we can do about Edmonton.  To me, 5 vs 6 Cups doesn't move the needle.  But yet another team,  a southern American Bettman special, lording the Cup down their main street? Watching another team and its fans tick off the accomplishment of winning a Stanley Cup? OMG

I think Florida losing will in some small way move their fan base to experience somewhat what Canucks fans have endured.  Albeit in a more compressed timeline. 

Reaching the Final in 96 and getting swept (by Colorado)

.....Canucks get swept in '82 by the Islanders

Reaching the Final in '22 but losing to Vegas

.....Canucks lose to NY Rangers in '94

Reach the Final in '24,  go up 3-0 in the series......only to lose? TBD

....Canucks go up 2-0 in the '11 Final.......only to lose to Boston.

To me this bandwagon town of Sunrise where hockey is dissed by most, winning it all would hit just as hard, but in a different way, than an Oilers win.

Imagine the pain for those fans if they ended up losing their third crack at a SCF series after being up by a few games. 

Oh....wait.

Yes, I want them to suffer at least a part of what we fans have suffered, before they get their dirty mitts on the Cup.

If Edmonton does win, my consolation prize, the silver lining, will be watching another team's fans pay their rightful dues in pain and misery before winning anything.  Especially a Bettman hockey wasteland special from 1993

I guess it boils down to, after decades of following the Canucks, i can't celebrate or cheer for ANY other team to win anymore.

I watch the SCF to watch the best, most intense, hockey watching experience available.  I love watching great hockey. I'm rooting for a seventh game in Florida. I just want to watch more of this series. I don't really care who wins, or loses, for the reasons above. 

I just think that Florida (aka Home State of MAGA) doesn't deserve to have nice things, so I'd rather see the Oilers win. But I'm pretty ambivalent about either team taking it.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

One would expect them to realize how badly the Oilers are disgracing the sport and understand that many will have zero respect for one of the most gutless teams in the history of the sport.  One would hope that the dirtbags in charge of HNIC would expect a little professionalism.

The Oilers reek of arrogance (IMO).

• Cheers 1