[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

7 minutes ago, Petey O said:

The implementation of game management was the worst thing to happen to the league as a whole in NHL history, in my opinion.

Much of the regular season is unwatchable because of it, and the fact it's still prevalent in the playoffs threatens the long term enjoyment of the game, to be honest.

Also, expanding on this:

There's also been a culture artificially fostered that makes it completely sacrilege to criticize the officials in any capacity. It's become a part of NHL culture that officials are absolutely off limits.

If the refs were pulling this shit even in the 90s (hell, mid 2000s-early 2010s as well), they wouldn't be left alone by the fans and coaches/players alike.

They've become a sacred cow, and there's really going to be no way to reverse that considering Bettman's replacement will likely be exactly like him.

The future is bleak for NHL hockey, in my opinion.

Edited by Petey O

2 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Ugh game 7 it is… Florida you need to win it!!

But ... If the Oilers win game 7, this gives Panthers the title of biggest cup finals chokers on history taking the title away from the 2011 Canucks 🤔

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

Just now, Olli Juolevi said:

I think I might be more upset to see the Oilers win this series than I was when the Nucks lost in 2011. 

Lol, I think that's just time making it easier on you.

This sucks, but if the Canucks got it done in 2011, I don't think any of us would really care that this is happening. We *might* actually be a tad happy for the Coilers.

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

If I have to listen to Tchucky say "if you told us at the beginning of the year we'd have game 7 in our building, I think we'd take that' and fake smile. I am going to vomit, swallow it and re-vomit. 🤮

Florida had multiple chances to win it before game 7. The fact the Cup was in the arenas within reach, now you gotta think it's in their heads now that they let it slip away. 

• Vintage 1