[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

All you loyal Canuck fans who are bitter about the Oilers doing well... relax.

Yes, if the Canucks were still playing, I'd be up there with the haters... but we're not... so just watch.  It's just a hockey game now.

Edmonton should be given credit for what they have accomplished.  (and in my opinion, the chance of them winning again in Florida is only 50/50)

McDavid and their big guns have put up big points, but the real credit in my opinion goes to their PK and especially their 3rd and 4th lines.  They have played way over their heads... the PK has been the single biggest factor in the Oilers getting where they are now.  When McDavid and Draisaitl were doing nothing, it was the 3rd and 4th lines and the PK who gave them life.

Also have to say... and I am not surprised... the Oilers have a lot of Canadians on their team... in fact I think they have the highest percentage of Canadian born players on their team... lesson to be learned there.  I think the Canucks need to get more Canadianized... especially on the 3rd and 4th lines.  Canadians just play better in the post season.

And finally... I have said this before... the fact the Canucks took the Oilers to 7 games without Demko and with Pettersson not at 100% is a really good sign for next year.  (assuming we can re-sign the players we need)

So my suggestion:  Just enjoy the hockey and think about the positives.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

How would that work? If Winnipeg knocked us out, how would we be facing the leafs?

Oops, missed what you were saying, I said:

So if Winnipeg knocked us out and were facing the Leafs you'd cheer for the Leafs?

I didn't say:

So if Winnipeg knocked us out and we're facing the Leafs you'd cheer for the Leafs?

Edited by Dumb Nuck

45 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Oh dear, my ignore list just grew to 5 members ... golf clap for our good friend @Dumb Nuck for having strived all season long to make the cut. 

I believe in free speech and struggle mightily not to add to my ignore list.  Alas, there are 6 on mine.  So do not despair.  I fear that the new forum has attracted a new species of deplorable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

And in reality, we had that series with a healthy Boeser playing with JT like usual..

We had that series until the league decided to ignore Hogz' nut shot and suspend Soucy. 

What a joke... 

I still can't believe it though. I get that the league wants to market Mcdavid but still. I wouldnt think they'd give a crap about a crap hole like Edmonton and would want Florida to win. 

Are they really that inept? 

Or

Are the refs doing shady things like gambling on the games and skewing the outcome? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

But ... If the Oilers win game 7, this gives Panthers the title of biggest cup finals chokers on history taking the title away from the 2011 Canucks 🤔

I do not want the Coilers winning it before the Canucks. I want the Canucks to be the first to win it for Canada and first in franchise history! 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I do not want the Coilers winning it before the Canucks. I want the Canucks to be the first to win it for Canada and first in franchise history! 

But the Oilers have already won it, if Florida win is one less team that's Cupless and it's not us getting off that list.

14 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oops, missed what you were saying, I said:

So if Winnipeg knocked us out and were facing the Leafs you'd cheer for the Leafs?

I didn't say:

So if Winnipeg knocked us out and we're facing the Leafs you'd cheer for the Leafs?

Ok, I was like what the fuck? Not necessarily. I still have an "anyone but you list". In that case, I could overrule what I said earlier. Toronto is on that list, and I don't EVER see them getting off that list. But if we were to lose a series just because we got out played or out worked, I could swallow my pride and pull for them. But not after the Oilers dividing, and bitching........ the REAL deal breaker was McDavid and whats-his-fuck calling themselves "Canada's team". That's like the lame guy trying to give himself a nick name.

11 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I feel this. Do I want to see a canadian team win the cup? Yes. There is a catch...... it HAS to be the Canucks!!!! Fuck the rest of them.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Brah..You still buying in to his bullshit..ignore him..'We' LOL!

Had to get my point across...... and yes I am an idiot. But sometimes I just can't help myself.

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

But the Oilers have already won it, if Florida win is one less team that's Cupless and it's not us getting off that list.

At least we support Luongo! I love the man and he deserve getting the Cup more than Kane, Perry, Nurse, Crysaitl, and McWhiny

Just now, Crimson JH said:

At least we support Luongo! I love the man and he deserve getting the Cup more than Kane, Perry, Nurse, Crysaitl, and McWhiny

If Luongo was playing I'd cheer for him.

Monday is going to be worse than when my wife ran off with another guy. I’m more accepting of that than this. Oilers winning a 6th before our first is the ultimate dagger. Especially after licking my chops when game 3 was over. 

• Cheers 4

39 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Yes, if the Canucks were still playing, I'd be up there with the haters... but we're not... so just watch.  It's just a hockey game now.

Edmonton should be given credit for what they have accomplished.  (and in my opinion, the chance of them winning again in Florida is only 50/50)

McDavid and their big guns have put up big points, but the real credit in my opinion goes to their PK and especially their 3rd and 4th lines.  They have played way over their heads... the PK has been the single biggest factor in the Oilers getting where they are now.  When McDavid and Draisaitl were doing nothing, it was the 3rd and 4th lines and the PK who gave them life.

Also have to say... and I am not surprised... the Oilers have a lot of Canadians on their team... in fact I think they have the highest percentage of Canadian born players on their team... lesson to be learned there.  I think the Canucks need to get more Canadianized... especially on the 3rd and 4th lines.  Canadians just play better in the post season.

And finally... I have said this before... the fact the Canucks took the Oilers to 7 games without Demko and with Pettersson not at 100% is a really good sign for next year.  (assuming we can re-sign the players we need)

Grandma! I thought you were in heaven.

13 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

The entire point of Regional sports franchises is to love your team and your team alone and die by the sword doing it, its your city, its your team, its what you love. its why we overpay pay for our own merchandise that's made in china, pay stupid amounts for tickets and try to overpay global talent to play for our city and beat out other teams. The whole Canada needs to cheer for one team to break our curse is the biggest look of desperation I've ever seen. We all have our own Droughts, that belong to our personal teams, our own pain and torture. Canada is Hockey, Canada is Back to Back olympic champions(NHL talent allowed), Canada is  Reigning world cup champion, Canada is 4 time world champion and 3 time runner up in the last 10 world championships . Canada Hockey does not have any kind of drought. We don't need this look, its pathetic. NHL teams have nothing to do with countries. No other country does this except  us. Liverpool does not cheer for Arsenal. Dallas Coybows don't cheer for SanFrancisco 49ers. Lakers don't cheer for Celtics. New york Mets don't cheer for New york Yankees. 

The nationality of the employees we hire to play for our teams is absolutely meaningless.

in 2013  The NHL started a divisional playoff bracket to create more hatred amongst regional teams. because it would be good for business. Now people are saying "why do we hate our divisional rival who eliminated us"  "Koombaya, love and prosperity to all" " why can't we just be happy for each other" 

This is a Canucks Fan site. Screw everybody and anything that is not Canucks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

We really are going to witness an all time choke and watch these douchebags in Edmonton win. Holy shit is this brutal.

Don't be so sure of that.

With the exception of Barkov, Panthers have not played well last 3 games... but they have a lot of talent and all they need to do is get the first goal and the crowd will be roaring in Florida.

They could easily win the game.

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Third time I have posted this particular GIF for you (see below), do you need an explanation on how jokes work? ... starting to think that you really don't understand the postings made in jest ... oh well, I won't expand further and will endeavour to leave you alone going forward, time is too precious to waste ... given you appear to be a 100% Coiler fan and really don't know what else to do with your time..

Enjoy your day and good luck to you sir ... 

Y9QUp4=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I wish there was a private area for each user or private tags that others can't see, to remind ourselves of good/bad/troll users. Then it would be easy to track, without blocking, and you can still laugh at the chumps from time to time and remember and support the other good members.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Don't be so sure of that.

With the exception of Barkov, Panthers have not played well last 3 games... but they have a lot of talent and all they need to do is get the first goal and the crowd will be roaring in Florida.

They could easily win the game.

Edmonton has all the momentum. I honestly think this needed to end tonight. We'll see though. Just cause I think the Oilers might pull it out doesn't mean I am not rooting for Florida. It's just hard to ignore the massive momentum swing that's happened in the last 3 games.

2 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

The entire point of Regional sports franchises is to love your team and your team alone and die by the sword doing it, its your city, its your team, its what you love. its why we overpay pay for our own merchandise that's made in china, pay stupid amounts for tickets and try to overpay global talent to play for our city and beat out other teams. The whole Canada needs to cheer for one team to break our curse is the biggest look of desperation I've ever seen. We all have our own Droughts, that belong to our personal teams, our own pain and torture. Canada is Hockey, Canada is Back to Back olympic champions(NHL talent allowed), Canada is  Reigning world cup champion, Canada is 4 time world champion and 3 time runner up in the last 10 world championships . Canada Hockey does not have any kind of drought. We don't need this look, its pathetic. NHL teams have nothing to do with countries. No other country does this except  us. Liverpool does not cheer for Arsenal. Dallas Coybows don't cheer for SanFrancisco 49ers. Lakers don't cheer for Celtics. New york Mets don't cheer for New york Yankees. 

The nationality of the employees we hire to play for our teams is absolutely meaningless.

in 2013  The NHL started a divisional playoff bracket to create more hatred amongst regional teams. because it would be good for business. Now people are saying "why do we hate our divisional rival who eliminated us"  "Koombaya, love and prosperity to all" " why can't we just be happy for each other" 

This is a Canucks Fan site. Screw everybody and anything that is not Canucks.

I always cheer for the team who eliminated the Canucks... because that tells you the Canucks were actually pretty good.