[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Been a fair bit of talk about the extra days rest-given that the rinks are farther apart than any other final.

well

Vancouver to New York is 4805 kilometres

Edmonton to Miami is 4854 kilometres

49 klicks further

747   cruise air speed is 900 kph

the trip is about 3.5 minutes longer than the Nucks and Rangers had to deal with.

guess that's why they get the extra day off.

Edited by Gurn
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Marc Spector in a tweet thanked the Canucks for kicking the oilers ass’s earlier on. As it was a motivating factor in their turnaround. Well the Canucks can take a page from this shitheads tweet and use this run the oilers are having as fuel for taking the next step, which has to happen anyhow. 

30 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Been a fair bit of talk about the extra days rest-given that the rinks are farther apart than any other final.

well

49 klicks further

the trip is about 3.5 minutes longer than the Nucks and Rangers had to deal with.

Well… men played back then. It’s the pampered generation now. Kids that grew up privileged. I’m surprised they just don’t try to play in a catch city halfway in between 😂😂

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Gurn said:

well

49 klicks further

Painfull isn't it. These extra days off really benefited the Oilers who can and will run their top guys relentlessly. Especially on the PP where they mostly play the full two minutes. Oilers have played well, Skinner hasn't stunk. But, a lot has lined up for the Oilers these playoffs. Dismal, embarrassing performance from Florida last three games. This all pains me, mercecelissly. But Oilers are winning this and quite frankly deserve it after the way Florida has looked. Unless something really bounces their way in game seven, Florida has basically handed the cup to the Oilers.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Crosby in Pittsburgh?

Pretty sure crosby won the cup both years he won the conn smythe.  JS Giguere is probably the last one. 

So the funny part, I had no internet since 1:30pm yesterday. So even if I wanted to I couldn't watch the game. I'm glad I missed it. The issue was resolved between 3am -6am.

It was initally set up as a scheduled outage, then clearly something else. It ticks me off because I was working from home yesterday. If I knew, I would have drove into head office. If Florida wants to win this. They are going have to have a reverse game 4 and wipe out Edmonton. But man...I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But man...I don't know.

This reminds me of after game 6 and before game 7 in 2011. You hope, you pray, but deep down you know it's probably over. Marchand goes down the wing in game 7 and snipes one. McD is rested and can play all he wants in game 7 and Florida has shown me nothing with regards to stopping him. Ffnn painful, but I think McD puts on a show on Monday and Oilers take it handily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

This reminds me of after game 6 and before game 7 in 2011. You hope, you pray, but deep down you know it's probably over. Marchand goes down the wing in game 7 and snipes one. McD is rested and can play all he wants in game 7 and Florida has shown me nothing with regards to stopping him. Ffnn painful, but I think McD puts on a show on Monday and Oilers take it handily.

most likely. 

Given how FLA has screwed us on cap, and the endless hearing about Forsling and OEL, and of course Tkatpuke, I'm very happy for them to pull off the biggest choke job in 50 years. 

But maybe we see McBaby tears too. 

I'm just glad this isn't Toronto, you want unbearable BS for the next few years, that would be it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

most likely. 

Given how FLA has screwed us on cap, and the endless hearing about Forsling and OEL, and of course Tkatpuke, I'm very happy for them to pull off the biggest choke job in 50 years. 

I'm just glad this isn't Toronto, you want unbearable BS for the next few years, that would be it. 

It's been a punch in the gut, kick in the balls, steal my girlfriend playoffs after seeing the Oilers beat us. So many levels of pain

• Like 1

Didn't watch last night and I won't on Monday.  Well maybe if Florida wins I'll look at it on replay.  But there's no f'in way I'm going to watch the coil, their pukey fans and media enablers win.  They're a dirty team and I almost feel dirty watching them.

• Like 1

Just now, Rekker said:

It's been a punch in the gut, kick in the balls, steal my girlfriend playoffs after seeing the Oilers beat us. So many levels of pain

Demko hurt, Petey getting the yips. Thats it, thats the difference. 

Personally I'm already stoked about next year. If we land Guentzel I'll have to sit down for a few minutes. 

I'll laugh at whoever loses the cup, and won't care one iota about who wins. Edmonton is still a crap city, FLA is still full of hillbillies, I don't care.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Didn't watch last night and I won't on Monday.  Well maybe if Florida wins I'll look at it on replay.  But there's no f'in way I'm going to watch the coil, their pukey fans and media enablers win.  They're a dirty team and I almost feel dirty watching them.

I watched, but a lot of mute, looking away, changing channels. Your doing the right thing. Save yourself buddy!

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

most likely. 

Isn't it 82 years?

• Haha 2

Just now, HKSR said:

Yeah it's pretty brutal.  I wonder when or if this has happened in the other major sports leagues...

Found it...

"In the history of these leagues, teams that were down 3–0 in a series have come back to win the series five times; four times in the NHL and once in MLB.[1] The most recent example is the Los Angeles Kings of the NHL in the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs.[2] The only instance in the MLB to date was by the Boston Red Sox in the 2004 American League Championship Series.[3] The only instance in a championship finals series was by the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs in the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals.[2] The NBA is the only league in which this has never happened, to date.[4]"

Epic epic epic choke job by Florida if they lose on Monday.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Maybe but in Cup finals history, Canucks 2011 was the worst. Being up 2-0 then 3-2 and being the top team basically all regular and post season especially after disposing the Sharks in 5. 

2009 Red Wings also lost their series to the Pens exactly the same way we did to the Bruins in 2011

It sucks to be on the wrong end of historical stats.

2011 Canucks would be a disaster if we lost Game 7 agains the Blackhawks.

2010 Bruins lost to the Flyers in a reverse sweep, and they were up 3-0 in game 7 before losing the game 4-3.

2014 Sharks got reverse swept by the Kings. If you ask any Sharks fan, they believe that was their year if they didn't blew that 3-0 series lead.

Panthers losing Game 7 would definitely be the biggest/worst choke in NHL history. Epecially in today's world of social media and how much people are watching these games.

I wonder how does it feel to be a Florida fan now seeing the 3-0 series lead evaporate. The worst part is it feels like they're not going to win another game. I watched only parts of the first period last night. Florida seemed to have no answers to Oils' coverage and kept making the same mistakes at zone entry, and then let Oils capitalize on the odd man rushes. Bob couldn't save them anymore and Oils are no longer making those costly mistakes. It's crazy but it's like I'm watching two different series. 

I really hope Florida can somehow find another gear on Monday. Absolutely hate having to hear endlessly about Edmonton and McDavid being the last Canadian team to win the cup. 

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Edmonton's full of big egos and that's driving their bus right now. Well, and momentum that's been generated by both their energy and the lack of that from the Panthers (who seem shellshocked).

Oilers have done this all year....sucked, sucked, sucked, then they get embarrassed and their egos kick in and they play with a nothing to lose/everything to gain energy. But remember, they also really suck at times.

Too bad because both the Canucks and Panthers let nerves enter the building. Thinking ahead put them behind. The Oilers strike just at the moment that the team in control starts to overthink things. And, to some degree, with good reason at times when games were so piss poorly officiated that it handcuffs one side. You have to adjust for that. No "whining"...."facts".  (insert our special  teams failure here)

I just can't support a team that includes Nurse, Kane, Draisaitl and whiny McGod. The way they chased down the refs after every whistle? Show some integrity. Again...the dirty crap that they pull to get there. Same.

Let them celebrate - we'll see if Florida can crash their party and deliver a sucker punch. I sure hope so. 

I'm sick of the Oilers and the hoopla....yes, they've come back in 3 games but they also were DOWN 3 games and momentum swings are a thing. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. And...even if they do win, I still loathe them and will not watch a minute of the big "moment in history". For me, there are asterisks because how they don't get suspended like most teams is beyond me. Too many "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" cards.

Sour grapes? Probably. But here's how I'll remember the Oilers' season...

When Gretzky was winning...I felt respect and pride in his game. This team and their cult followers? Not so much.

448267480_10160966904345549_500015715362

447603801_10160953443730549_101852727070

445229031_10160924642645549_156046742811

442475247_10160914778345549_697319256394

441418140_10160903142780549_224947836559

The best player in the world should NOT be doling out deliberate high sticks as part of this MO. I don't know, for me it kind of tarnishes his rep a bit...especially when he CRIES incessantly at the refs if someone brushes against him

448861668_10160989804585549_218158017533

448863693_10160989817015549_328291846156

448878729_10160989817000549_898768879289441887018_10160902884455549_822249155698

441884668_10160903014690549_796967216781

Just a little highlight clip of why I will NOT get behind the Oilers...despite the constant push as "Canada's team" and now doing something to make history. 

NOPE

They rarely get called on penalties, then have the audacity to complain about about the referees. I agree Deb. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1