[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

5 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

You cannot get any farther apart on the “I want to take a vacation here” spectrum than these two cities.

Probably right....although Winnipeg - Vegas would give it a run for it's money...

I've been on the Cats' bandwagon ever since the Canucks were eliminated.

I got both of my Conference Finals picks wrong, so I'm going to try and keep the streak going by picking the Oilers in 6....

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

While McD and Dry may be on another level, there are 10 fwd and 6 on the team... The teams haven't been good enough to take advantage of the time playing v the rest of the players...

God I despise the arrogance shown by the two of them... They don't deserve anything... whiny bitches...

True, we were the same against them and I'm surprised Dallas' depth couldn't do it either. I know they're only 2 players but Ekholm and Bouchard have been good too. Their 5 man unit has been solid (including Hyman) and RNH has been great too. Everyone else - trash. That being said, their big guys are playing massive minutes. I'd think it'd wear them down eventually but no one's really played any of them physically because they're too skilled and elusive. I think everyone's played them scared and we were the same.

Hope Florida give them no respect and crush them, really have to wear down their stars in a long 7 game series. We did a pathetic job of it and they had plenty of energy in game 6 and 7 when they should have been bruised and worn down.

My cup hath overflowed

Cheering for Florida:

Cup half full:

Watching Lu raise the Cup. (The Lu who gave his best years to us, and carried us to winning seasons)

Watching Edmonton fans cry

Watching McBaby and Crysidle cry

Keeping the road clear for us to be the first Canadian team to break the drought

Cup half empty

Yet another team who hadn't won the Cup yet, winning it before us. And a southern American hockey wasteland team to boot. A Bettman special that started in '95, .....25 f'n years after we entered the league

Watching Lu raise the Cup  (The Lu who catered to the Panthers in not going on LTIR, causing his old team cap pain for years)

Watching the ones that got away.. Forsling and Tkachuk... raise the Cup.

A special spot of pain in watching OEL be an important piece on D in winning.  A player who will be shaving off millions of cap space for us in the next few years.  Paying him to win in another city. Ouch. 

Cheering for Edmonton:

Cup half full:

Watching the best Canadian player, maybe the best in the world, win the Cup (sorry he is no matter how whiny)

Im not that stoked about the quest of  bringing the Holy Grail back to Canada.  But for having like 60% of the players in the league its appalling its taken so long. But I would like to see is the Canada vs the USA narrative.  I'm sure that a Red State  like Florida will by chanting their dumb "USA USA USA" during the series.

Watching Gagner raise the Cup??? Okay I'm reaching

Cup half empty:

The Oilers winning again, after hogging the no. 1 pick for years

Knowing we were two goals away from beating the eventual winners.

Watching the most whiny entitled arrogant two players in the league raise the Cup

Hearing it from Coiler fans for years ahead.

So whatever.  I'm not cheering for any of them. Pros and cons for each result.

I am stoked though about watching this series. I love the matchup. Lets admit that the series would be a lot less interesting with Dallas in instead of Edmonton.

7 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

The media is really trying hard to rally the country to get behind the Oilers, and I can't do it. I'll never do it. It's not in my DNA. They really don't get it. Almost everyone outside of EDM hates McDavid and Draisaitl. 

I saw the weather guy on CTV last week wearing an Oilers jersey during his segment. F*** that show!  Global is trying hard too, Madryga is a huge Oilers fan too. F*** those guys!  

I hope EDM never wins another Cup, ever. They've been gifted since they got into the NHL. Looks like the NHL is about to give them another one. It's up to you Florida, dismantle those Alberta f***s.

If anybody wants to be down with the Oilers then Fk em too! 

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

My cup hath overflowed

Cheering for Florida:

Cup half full:

Watching Lu raise the Cup. (The Lu who gave his best years to us, and carried us to winning seasons)

Watching Edmonton fans cry

Watching McBaby and Crysidle cry

Keeping the road clear for us to be the first Canadian team to break the drought

Cup half empty

Yet another team who hadn't won the Cup yet, winning it before us. And a southern American hockey wasteland team to boot. A Bettman special that started in '95, .....25 f'n years after we entered the league

Watching Lu raise the Cup  (The Lu who catered to the Panthers in not going on LTIR, causing his old team cap pain for years)

Watching the ones that got away.. Forsling and Tkachuk... raise the Cup.

A special spot of pain in watching OEL be an important piece on D in winning.  A player who will be shaving off millions of cap space for us in the next few years.  Paying him to win in another city. Ouch. 

Cheering for Edmonton:

Cup half full:

Watching the best Canadian player, maybe the best in the world, win the Cup (sorry he is no matter how whiny)

Im not that stoked about the quest of  bringing the Holy Grail back to Canada.  But for having like 60% of the players in the league its appalling its taken so long. But I would like to see is the Canada vs the USA narrative.  I'm sure that a Red State  like Florida will by chanting their dumb "USA USA USA" during the series.

Watching Gagner raise the Cup??? Okay I'm reaching

Cup half empty:

The Oilers winning again, after hogging the no. 1 pick for years

Knowing we were two goals away from beating the eventual winners.

Watching the most whiny entitled arrogant two players in the league raise the Cup

Hearing it from Coiler fans for years ahead.

So whatever.  I'm not cheering for any of them. Pros and cons for each result.

I am stoked though about watching this series. I love the matchup. Lets admit that the series would be a lot less interesting with Dallas in instead of Edmonton.

If it was Dallas at least we can watch the finals in peace without caring who wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I've been on the Cats' bandwagon ever since the Canucks were eliminated.

I got both of my Conference Finals picks wrong, so I'm going to try and keep the streak going by picking the Oilers in 6....

Third times a charm, go Oilers.

Can't cheer for a team that can only score goals with an extra player on the ice.

It leaves the team always looking for a penalty.

Besides, the Oily have already won too many cups.  Hope the Panthers win their

1st SC.