[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

How you fuck up a 3-0 lead is beyond me...oh yeah, Refs..

I hate the Oilers but you can't blame the refs if 2/3 losses are by the score of 8-1 and 5-1. You also can't blame the refs when you gave up a short handed goal to start the game in both Games 4 and 5.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

How you fuck up a 3-0 lead is beyond me...oh yeah, Refs..

And the fact that Florida has been hot garbage last 3 games has no bearing on that at all.

10 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I hate the Oilers but you can't blame the refs if 2/3 losses are by the score of 8-1 and 5-1. You also can't blame the refs when you gave up a short handed goal to start the game in both Games 4 and 5.

You're dumbing it down though.

Mo-men-tum

Not blaming the refs for outcomes, just how things can swing in a team's a favour and let them gather some steam. And creates a situation where the team on the losing end of the sticks in the face (etc.) plays a bit differently.

In our series, for sure. Yes, there were also glaring deficiencies on special teams. But a level playing field might have swung things a bit differently. Losing Soucy for a game that McDavid & co. were given free passes kind of played in their favour.

Yes, they're asserting themselves with big puffs of the chest. The golden boys are full steam ahead but that doesn't mean we can't also look at how they got there.

They're very hot and cold...when things are lining up for them, they're hot. We've seen both sides and I'm not as convinced of their greatness.

They have a number one generational talent who DOES get preferential treatment a good deal of the time. Does he need it? Probably not...but the whining needs pacifying at times. 

• Wiener 1

9 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

And the fact that Florida has been hot garbage last 3 games has no bearing on that at all.

You guys are not wrong at all, but through out the series the refs have had a role. Florida has shit the bed...My praise for how good of a coach Paul is kinda died out also..Just sits there talking monotone acting like everything is fine creating his own side-show..STFU and talk to you dam players.

• Cheers 1

I'm still bitter that McDavid clearly cut Hughes in the face. Be it accidental, or otherwise, McDavid at least deserved at least a 2 minute penalty, and should have gotten 5 for the cut.

And he skated away without  anything. It's that type of double standard I hate. Especially when it's head/face shots. The rules should be enforced regardless of the player. 

Look at all the times Ratboy in Boston has gotten supsensions, and still behaves like a twonk.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm still bitter that McDavid clearly cut Hughes in the face. Be it accidental, or otherwise, McDavid at least deserved at least a 2 minute penalty, and should have gotten 5 for the cut.

And he skated away without  anything. It's that type of double standard I hate. Especially when it's head/face shots. The rules should be enforced regardless of the player. 

Look at all the times Ratboy in Boston has gotten supsensions, and still behaves like a twonk.

Put the shoe on the other foot.

Or the stick in the other face.

If that was Myers and McFakeit was cut? We all know how that would've gone down. 

And Soucy being suspended without them looking at the big picture and evening things out was a clear message. Don't touch our golden boys. McDavid initiated that when he was pissy and yet WE took the brunt. I really don't have time for whiny princesses who get bodyguards in stripes out there. Easier to win that way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

th?id=OIP.YG5GV3S_q-pSuvh0aq8R6AAAAA&w=250&h=250&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2

when Mathew Tkachuk, Sam Bennet, and Sam Reinhart used to play for Florida.
6 final games
1 goal and 2 assists for Matt -scoreless in 4  of the games- including the last one where he was -3
1 goal 3 assists for Sam Bennett  -scoreless in two of the -including last game where he was -4
1 goal 2 assists for Reinhart -scoreless in 4 of the games and last 3 in a row

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I can live with the Soucy suspension, it was dangerous even though accidental. At the end of the day you are responsible for your stick. HOWEVER, it was very convenient that the soucy crosscheck clip was broadcasted nationwide but was cut short of Hyman doing the exact same thing to Zadorov 2 seconds later. Literally the exact same transgression. Both Soucy and Hyman should have been given a game.

What about when McDavid slashed Soucy to kick it all off?

And if you're responsible for your stick....McDavid clearly got away with a couple of (what I feel should be suspension worthy) intentional high sticks in the face.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Combover said:

Sucks, I hate the  oilers

oilers winning  is the equivalent stepping in  dog shit with new shoes. 

Then walking in to your house and all over the carpet before realizing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What about when McDavid slashed Soucy to kick it all off?

And if you're responsible for your stick....McDavid clearly got away with a couple of (what I feel should be suspension worthy) intentional high sticks in the face.

The slash was at the end of the game and pretty standard, if you will. Not anywhere near suspension worthy but worthy of a response from Soucy. Unfortunately Zadorov also responded which dropped McDavid's face into Soucy's stick. It was a series of unfortunate events. The difference between Hyman's and Soucy's crosschecks was that Hyman's was intentional. It's bs that he excaped discipline. Very hypocritical by DOPS.

McDavid did get away with high sticks that should have been penalized. I'd like to see an off ice official for those instances. I understand refs miss things in the moment but that was a textbook double minor for high sticking and, if I remember correctly, the puck was no where in the vicinity. The 4 min penalty that was missed could have won the series for the Canucks. It's important to remember though that our PP was hot garbage, so whether or not we would have capitalized will be forever unknown. But was it suspension worthy? No where close.

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hate to say it but this is over, the Oilers have found their game again & the Panthers have no idea what their game is anymore. Florida has completely lost their game, completely choked.

The only hope for Florida is to score the first goal, they have lost it mentally & need a jolt.

Choked away games?  It's almost as if the Panthers have a few former Sabres on their team.  Oh wait...  😱

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So the funny part, I had no internet since 1:30pm yesterday. So even if I wanted to I couldn't watch the game. I'm glad I missed it. The issue was resolved between 3am -6am.

It was initally set up as a scheduled outage, then clearly something else. It ticks me off because I was working from home yesterday. If I knew, I would have drove into head office. If Florida wants to win this. They are going have to have a reverse game 4 and wipe out Edmonton. But man...I don't know.

Wont be easy now. Starts with some real positivity from the players themselves but mostly the coach. He's looked and sounded so off through the three losses.

10 hours ago, ploughcat07 said:

I am pretty impressed with Edmonton's lack of quit.

Hate them all you want, but for any team to force a game 7 after being down 3-0 in any series, let alone the SCF, is incredible.

It's impressive, absolutely, and I don't like the Oil at all. Some of it's on Florida, folks can blame the reffing, but at the end of the day they've managed to dig their way out of a hole and give themselves a chance at a cup.

Now, I hope they lose, because it'd be hilarious to see them force game seven and then lose, but if they do manage to win the cup they will have earned it. A four game comeback to win the cup is absurd.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Then walking in to your house and all over the carpet before realizing it.

Ha.

and it’s  new carpet. 

almost needs its own thread 

OILERS WINNING IS EQUIVALENT TO ______________

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Combover said:

Ha.

and it’s  new carpet. 

almost needs its own thread 

OILERS WINNING IS EQUIVALENT TO ______________

Do it! It'll be a best seller!!

7 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I hope the league doesn’t schedule Oilers vs Canucks game 1 of regular season to show us the raising of the Stanley cup banner..  anywhere ever again after they lose game 7.

ftfy

9 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I hope the league doesn’t schedule Oilers vs Canucks game 1 of regular season to show us the raising of the Stanley cup banner.. 

Never thought about that but now that you brought it up you know they will, I almost want them to lose now.

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

To sum it up: Yes, I am bitter.

No I will not change my stance or throw support behind "Canada's team" (?) in order to jump on the bandwagon with a hot ticket item.

I like my team and the Oilers were LUCKY to get out of our series, despite having "moments" of greatness. And other moments where they got away with a lot of BS.

I agree with this part, which is why I’m fine with the Oilers winning (if they do pull it off - still a tall order.) 

I figured our team was contender-level (minus the experience) and I feel us taking the Coil to 7 - without Demko no less - demonstrates that nicely.

I also think without Boeser, we’d be hard pressed to get past Dallas and Florida anyways so it’s kind of moot being salty about them advancing. 

Now, we won’t be able to bring back the same team but I don’t think it’s impossible for us to maintain or improve on the overall quality of the club.  

I hate Calgary WAY more than Edmonton. My douche*** Calgary family with unresolved Edmonton 80's dominance issues are freaking out now. Even if Edmonton loses it's sorta win for them to "battle" back and they also won the conference and so there will be a banner hanging. Hoping they play Calgary first game

Edited by BabyCakes
Clarification!