[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

I couldn't wait to see this board today, and you'all didn't disappoint and " Hell Hath no Fury Like a PO'd dlc" 

If FLA loses I think Barkov pays the price and is moved out and the C will be given to "him who shall not be named" but you know who it is.

And maybe then the NHL will have everyone play by the same rules, much like what happened after Crosby won his first Stanley Cup.

Bring on the dog days of no NHL Hockey summer oh and PA do good things.

GCG  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I couldn't wait to see this board today, and you'all didn't disappoint and " Hell Hath no Fury Like a PO'd dlc" 

If FLA loses I think Barkov pays the price and is moved out and the C will be given to "him who shall not be named" but you know who it is.

And maybe then the NHL will have everyone play by the same rules, much like what happened after Crosby won his first Stanley Cup.

Bring on the dog days of no NHL Hockey summer oh and PA do good things.

GCG  

Go back to games every two nights not three.

Think that made a big difference.

Imagine Greztsky getting extra days off his points might have doubled.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

2009 Red Wings also lost their series to the Pens exactly the same way we did to the Bruins in 2011

It sucks to be on the wrong end of historical stats.

2011 Canucks would be a disaster if we lost Game 7 agains the Blackhawks.

2010 Bruins lost to the Flyers in a reverse sweep, and they were up 3-0 in game 7 before losing the game 4-3.

2014 Sharks got reverse swept by the Kings. If you ask any Sharks fan, they believe that was their year if they didn't blew that 3-0 series lead.

Panthers losing Game 7 would definitely be the biggest/worst choke in NHL history. Epecially in today's world of social media and how much people are watching these games.

I say the Wings winning the previous season negates their loss the year after. 

Canucks had a 80+% chance of winning after being up 2-0. 

What hilarious and sad about this is that the odds of Canucks losing the 2011 finals was worse than dropping in the draft position from 2016 to 2018.

This should tell you how cursed the Canucks' franchise is 

26 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Still can't believe how the Panthers were so dominate to now struggling.

Hope they and Edmonton both give their all and make an awesome game 7 close to what we had in 94.

That’s where I’m at too.

At least make it a good game. If I had no emotional investment in this series as a hockey fan I just wanna watch good hockey.

The Panthers rolling over is not good for the game. Both teams need to lay it on the line and let the chips land where they may.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hopefully Edmonton will get all cocky and arrogant and forget to play hockey in game 7.

Even if Florida does end up winning you know damn well the media will slob all over Edmonton about all this history they're making.  

• Like 2

Can't believe Florida is about to choke out in game 7.  Unbelievable.  This is the worst choke job I've ever seen in 35 years of watching hockey.  I mean Florida literally just forgot how to play hockey after game 3.

I'm running with the theory that Bettman has a hand in this.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can't believe Florida is about to choke out in game 7.  Unbelievable.  This is the worst choke job I've ever seen in 35 years of watching hockey.  I mean Florida literally just forgot how to play hockey after game 3.

I'm running with the theory that Bettman has a hand in this.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me...

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can't believe Florida is about to choke out in game 7.  Unbelievable.  This is the worst choke job I've ever seen in 35 years of watching hockey.

I'm wondering how much incentive 'fear of humiliation' is.

I'm guessing none of the Florida players want to be part of such a historical choke that would forever be a stain on their careers.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That’s where I’m at too.

At least make it a good game. If I had no emotional investment in this series as a hockey fan I just wanna watch good hockey.

The Panthers rolling over is not good for the game. Both teams need to lay it on the line and let the chips land where they may.

Agreed!

It seems to me that emotion has been lacking in this series.  It's been decent hockey but not the over-the-top win-at-all-costs that one would expect in the Stanley Cup Finals.

We've been told that these players have been training all their lives for this moment - the possiblity of winning the Stanley Cup.  Let's see that desire and emotion!

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm wondering how much incentive 'fear of humiliation' is.

I'm guessing none of the Florida players want to be part of such a historical choke that would forever be a stain on their careers.

They are going to be humiliated right in front of all of their fans.  Most of the players may never recover...

Man, a lot of people sounds like Warriors’ fans, when they say “we would’ve beaten the Oilers, if we were fully healthy.”. 

I bet these are the same people who cheered on the Raptors, during their Finals run in 2019. 

4 hours ago, shiznak said:

Man, a lot of people sounds like Warriors’ fans, when they say “we would’ve beaten the Oilers, if we were fully healthy.”. 

I bet these are the same people who cheered on the Raptors, during their Finals run in 2019. 

I like warriors. I'm sure management have a good idea if we could have beaten them while healthy and will make (hopefully correct) adjustments. 

8 hours ago, Canuck You said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1018571d3144978f9f926d4054481e79.jpeg

Do you think Lui had to take a bathroom break again?  

Who knows what teams will show up tomorrow? The McDavid set up on the Perry goal was absolutely classic. He beat 3 Panthers on that play. He does it regularly. My icon was Jean Beliveau growing up. I have seen many great players and no one since Gretzky has pushed that rep like McDavid. That makes how JT shut him down the more sweeter. No team pushed the Oilers as well as the Canucks did. They did it without Demko, some of BB and EP40 at half throttle. If Soucy had played would that have carried that game? Oilers were lucky to get past the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1