[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

13 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I'm getting kind of tired of seeing hacks who never even watch hockey much (beyond playoffs) or can name more than 2 Canucks tell me that I'm un Canadian and not a "true fan of hockey" if I don't jump on the Oilers tractor now that our my team is out.

It's laughable to me. 

By that standard, these are the shittiest Canuck fans I've ever seen in my life. Yes sure, jump ship. Go paint your faces orange and blue but don't tell me how to hockey.

GO PANTHERS

Stop being so myopic. No one is telling you to cheer for the Oilers. 

I’m a Canucks’ fans since as far as I can remember, but I’m not afraid to admit that the Oilers are a damn good team to watch and deserve to be where they are. 

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

Stop being so myopic. No one is telling you to cheer for the Oilers. 

I’m a Canucks’ fans since as far as I can remember, but I’m not afraid to admit that the Oilers are a damn good team to watch and deserve to be where they are. 

You guys are lucky she has more patience than I did when I was modding, I can tell you that much.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

ESPN radio, who rarely talk hockey, have spent a lot of time on the Panthers epic collapse and how much Canadian hockey fans (other than in Edmonton) don’t want the Coilers to win. And they’ve been poking fun at Leafs’ fans. 

Haven't been following this thread, so not saying to much... But man have the Panthers PP failed miserably...

Paul Maurice and the Panthers will forever be known as the biggest chokers ever, should the unthinkable happen and Oilers hoists the cup...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The more I watch this series the more I appreciate what Coach Tocchet has done. Tocchet had a system and a plan and roles were very clear throughout the line up. Of course the pp was a mystery but Tocchet had our guys ready to compete hard every game. High compete and very good composure were a part of his staples. We'll see if Fla can bounce back against some system breakdowns and bad puck luck. Bob is a big part of that. Fla needs Tchuck to show up like we needed EP to. Tonight is for all the marbles.

Screenshot_20240624_072322_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Haven't been following this thread, so not saying to much... But man have the Panthers PP failed miserably...

Paul Maurice and the Panthers will forever be known as the biggest chokers ever, should the unthinkable happen and Oilers hoists the cup...

OELevater has killed them. He’s been so soft and pretty much a pylon. Embarrassingly bad. Hopefully they sit him out this game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I've seen endless articles/youtubes saying Canadians and everyone should back the oilers. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10553322/oilers-hockey-stanley-cup-poll/amp/

F mcbaby, f their dumb stupid cover. Hope king bob and barkov own them. We'll see

But it also says bc and qc are the only fan bases not all that into supporting the coil or calling them Canada's team.

Only a 1000 were polled.  Not a great indicator of what fans really think. 

However... Almost everyone I run into have been talking about the series and will be watching... They are mostly casual fans... And unfortunately most are cheering for the coil. 🤮

If Edmonton really wins it tonight I can’t help myself but tip my hat and congratulate them. Coming back from 0-3 in the SCF is phenomenal.  I don’t care who wins. But why is the game in a Monday night???

And to all the Canucks fans, look forward to get your noses rubbed in it every single day, if the Oilers win it... 

Just the thought would make the stomach turn on most Canucks fans.... although a few seem to have changed their allegiance during these play offs....

But for the vast majority the thought of having to hear about "this fantastic and wonderfully super specially skilled, McDaaaaaaaavid..and Draisaitl and the tough Oilers" for the next 30 years will be the nightmare scenario....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/23/2024 at 3:20 PM, Canuck You said:

100% , I still can't get over it but We pushed them to the limit..Just shows how close this team really is.

Exactly... hence I don't get some folks want to take a step back and take stock? 

• Cheers 2

On 6/22/2024 at 9:03 AM, -dlc- said:

Edmonton's full of big egos and that's driving their bus right now. Well, and momentum that's been generated by both their energy and the lack of that from the Panthers (who seem shellshocked).

Oilers have done this all year....sucked, sucked, sucked, then they get embarrassed and their egos kick in and they play with a nothing to lose/everything to gain energy. But remember, they also really suck at times.

Too bad because both the Canucks and Panthers let nerves enter the building. Thinking ahead put them behind. The Oilers strike just at the moment that the team in control starts to overthink things. And, to some degree, with good reason at times when games were so piss poorly officiated that it handcuffs one side. You have to adjust for that. No "whining"...."facts".  (insert our special  teams failure here)

I just can't support a team that includes Nurse, Kane, Draisaitl and whiny McGod. The way they chased down the refs after every whistle? Show some integrity. Again...the dirty crap that they pull to get there. Same.

Let them celebrate - we'll see if Florida can crash their party and deliver a sucker punch. I sure hope so. 

I'm sick of the Oilers and the hoopla....yes, they've come back in 3 games but they also were DOWN 3 games and momentum swings are a thing. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. And...even if they do win, I still loathe them and will not watch a minute of the big "moment in history". For me, there are asterisks because how they don't get suspended like most teams is beyond me. Too many "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" cards.

Sour grapes? Probably. But here's how I'll remember the Oilers' season...

When Gretzky was winning...I felt respect and pride in his game. This team and their cult followers? Not so much.

448267480_10160966904345549_500015715362

447603801_10160953443730549_101852727070

445229031_10160924642645549_156046742811

442475247_10160914778345549_697319256394

441418140_10160903142780549_224947836559

The best player in the world should NOT be doling out deliberate high sticks as part of this MO. I don't know, for me it kind of tarnishes his rep a bit...especially when he CRIES incessantly at the refs if someone brushes against him

448861668_10160989804585549_218158017533

448863693_10160989817015549_328291846156

448878729_10160989817000549_898768879289441887018_10160902884455549_822249155698

441884668_10160903014690549_796967216781

Just a little highlight clip of why I will NOT get behind the Oilers...despite the constant push as "Canada's team" and now doing something to make history. 

NOPE

I hate that we have no deterrent for anyteam that wants to punish us… yes Zadorov had a backbone, but he punches weird and isn’t an intimidator. He’s a stand up guy. 

Edited by Northern_Nuck

2 hours ago, Mr Wrong said:

If Edmonton really wins it tonight I can’t help myself but tip my hat and congratulate

I keep saying this to myself. I intend to, will see if I can. So many levels here including a Florida team to looks to have just rolled over. There are fifteen teams in the NHL that could of beaten Florida last three games. They've been crap. In the end I truly believe Oilers are winning this and I will need to spend this summer, the draft, next season, maybe longer, hitting the mute button and switching channels thanks to a slow Florida team with a headcase goalie. 

Have to ask.   Does anyone on this site not feel like a hypocrite if they are still upset about 2011 and the apparent lack of Canadian respect (not in Ontario and Quebec, because there was plenty, all over wherever you went, way less Oiler flags fyi, actual people showing their support Canucks >>> as far as flags go, but ask anyone, they for sure aren't cheering for Florida), and still stuck on a couple things that happened in the series.   Does the 2011 "everyone hates us we don't care" victim culture still wear heavy, and need to double down or triple down.   Hope not.

Can say  i'm not into that.    EDM wins and they will be a legendary team and we won't even be a footnote in his playoffs, where at least we were in 94 and 2011.   Let them do their things.  Win or lose.   Win win?   Kind of.  At least the cup comes back to Canada, and can say, we had so much support that wasn't the perception in 2011 in the East.    Wonder how much that plays into some posters mental framework.    "It can only be WNP or  MTL or no thanks".