[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

21 hours ago, Pears said:

It's an absolute disgrace. Like do these people honestly believe Coilers fans would cheer for us if we were here? 

No one did in 2011,  most Canadians were cheering against the Canucks then 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Stop being so myopic. No one is telling you to cheer for the Oilers. 

I’m a Canucks’ fans since as far as I can remember, but I’m not afraid to admit that the Oilers are a damn good team to watch and deserve to be where they are. 

image.thumb.png.873f06d4d9f6e62a04f7c9c8f9c3bd17.png

444972251_874322534711779_53614986491314

They even use the Green Men  ffs

image.thumb.png.31788e5544ada266a5a072f4a735e0de.png

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Have to ask.   Does anyone on this site not feel like a hypocrite if they are still upset about 2011 and the apparent lack of Canadian respect (not in Ontario and Quebec, because there was plenty, all over wherever you went, way less Oiler flags fyi, actual people showing their support Canucks >>> as far as flags go, but ask anyone, they for sure aren't cheering for Florida), and still stuck on a couple things that happened in the series.   Does the 2011 "everyone hates us we don't care" victim culture still wear heavy, and need to double down or triple down.   Hope not.

Can say  i'm not into that.    EDM wins and they will be a legendary team and we won't even be a footnote in his playoffs, where at least we were in 94 and 2011.   Let them do their things.  Win or lose.   Win win?   Kind of.  At least the cup comes back to Canada, and can say, we had so much support that wasn't the perception in 2011 in the East.    Wonder how much that plays into some posters mental framework.    "It can only be WNP or  MTL or no thanks". 

I am not the best person to answer this because I wasn't upset in 2011.  

I don't like the Oilers for a multitude of reasons.  Horrible city, team glorifying fossils fuels, play like a bunch of dirtbags, recruit a bunch of dirtbags and I resent them getting gifted so many #1s and elite talent.  I am not going to cheer for them just because they are a Canadian team.

What the talking heads on TV say, I couldn't give a shit about.

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Using the Green Men is so so wrong .

Especially since they complained to the league about our Green Men during round 2 

Hypocrites !!!! Thieves!!! Let’s add “losers” 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Not eating there ever again if they pull this crap. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Have to ask.   Does anyone on this site not feel like a hypocrite if they are still upset about 2011 and the apparent lack of Canadian respect (not in Ontario and Quebec, because there was plenty, all over wherever you went, way less Oiler flags fyi, actual people showing their support Canucks >>> as far as flags go, but ask anyone, they for sure aren't cheering for Florida), and still stuck on a couple things that happened in the series.   Does the 2011 "everyone hates us we don't care" victim culture still wear heavy, and need to double down or triple down.   Hope not.

Can say  i'm not into that.    EDM wins and they will be a legendary team and we won't even be a footnote in his playoffs, where at least we were in 94 and 2011.   Let them do their things.  Win or lose.   Win win?   Kind of.  At least the cup comes back to Canada, and can say, we had so much support that wasn't the perception in 2011 in the East.    Wonder how much that plays into some posters mental framework.    "It can only be WNP or  MTL or no thanks". 

I didn't care who else was cheering for the Canucks in 2011 or 1994 or 1982 or 1997 or 2015 or......

I don't need justification or validation from someone else's support.

I cheer for the Canucks. That is what matters.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I'm hoping for a well contested game tonight. 

It was clear Edm had all the mojo that last three games. 

I want Florida to show up just for the entertainment factor.

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I am not the best person to answer this because I wasn't upset in 2011.  

I don't like the Oilers for a multitude of reasons.  Horrible city, team glorifying fossils fuels, play like a bunch of dirtbags, recruit a bunch of dirtbags and I resent them getting gifted so many #1s and elite talent.  I am not going to cheer for them just because they are a Canadian team.

What the talking heads on TV say, I couldn't give a shit about.

You're a doctor, don't be naive.  If all the cars in BC were electric, they'd have to build power plants using fossil fuels.   And forget about heating.   The grid would be done.    So places like EDM (where a lot of people have their home away from camp) exist.    Call it ugly fine.  It is ugly, but is also keeping nuclear power plants out of BC and is also keeping windmills, solar etc (ok Solar in parts of the Okanagon yes, parts the East side).    Which wouldn't really work anyways.   Not for the terrain.    Let's be real.    As far as the first overall's go, they sucked.   Not a jealous type.   Definitely not an entitled type.    Yes agree, their star players are as unlikeable as anyone.   Kovalev.   I can't actually think of anyone really as unlikeable as McDavid and Draisaitl (he's turned out to be worse the McDavid as far as cheap shots and diving goes).  

Horrible.   Have you ever seen the piles of coal in Vancouver?   Trained from mines in the Kootenays, shipped overseas.   Come on.   That part, is silly.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You're a doctor, don't be naive.  If all the cars in BC were electric, they'd have to build power plants using fossil fuels.   And forget about heating.   The grid would be done.    So places like EDM (where a lot of people have their home away from camp) exist.    Call it ugly fine.  It is ugly, but is also keeping nuclear power plants out of BC and is also keeping windmills, solar etc (ok Solar in parts of the Okanagon yes, parts the East side).    Which wouldn't really work anyways.   Not for the terrain.    Let's be real.    As far as the first overall's go, they sucked.   Not a jealous type.   Definitely not an entitled type.    Yes agree, their star players are as unlikeable as anyone.   Kovalev.   I can't actually think of anyone really as unlikeable as McDavid and Draisaitl (he's turned out to be worse the McDavid as far as cheap shots and diving goes).  

Horrible.   Have you ever seen the piles of coal in Vancouver?   Trained from mines in the Kootenays, shipped overseas.   Come on.   That part, is silly.   

Lived there for 7 years, feel qualified to call it horrible.

Fossil fuel usage has reached it's highest level globally ever and it is being driven by climate change at this point in a very worrying loop.  Is it a big job to make changes, yes.  Will we if we don't try, no.  Would be great to see more windmills and solar, not sure why you think it is a benefit not having more of these things.  A lot of people love throwing little roadblocks in the way of major improvements and lord knows any minor road block or excuse is embraced loudly in a polarized political setting.  The fossil fuel industry is winning the messaging and political battle for the most part.  They fight efficiency, they fill the air waves with BS about windmills, solar and other power sources and people suckle at the teat and say thank you what else should I think.

Just because I don't agree with your politics does not mean I am naive.  

Anyway, point is I am not cheering for Edmonton just because they are a Canadian team and I have a myriad of things I don't like about Edmonton that you can agree with or not.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksFan said:

No one did in 2011,  most Canadians were cheering against the Canucks then 

Essentially how I remember it is if you weren't already a Canucks fan you either were cheering against us or didn't watch hockey at all. 

Edited by Pears
  • Vintage 1

Cheer for anyone would want but remember if you cheer for the Coil you're on team Scumbag Kane, Perry and You're not allowed to breath around me McMuffin who along with his team cried and whined their way to the finals especially when we had them on the ropes..

Why wouldn't I support Florida !?, Our boy Luongo reps them as well as OEL, Say whatever you want about his play he really wanted to stay a Canuck.

Fuck the Oilers and if you down with the Coilers..

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Didn't think stech played a single game in playoffs. Can he still get his name on the cup as a player? 

He wouldn't. Didn't play a single game in the playoffs and not enough games in the regular season.

46 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Lived there for 7 years, feel qualified to call it horrible.

Fossil fuel usage has reached it's highest level globally ever and it is being driven by climate change at this point in a very worrying loop.  Is it a big job to make changes, yes.  Will we if we don't try, no.  Would be great to see more windmills and solar, not sure why you think it is a benefit not having more of these things.  A lot of people love throwing little roadblocks in the way of major improvements and lord knows any minor road block or excuse is embraced loudly in a polarized political setting.  The fossil fuel industry is winning the messaging and political battle for the most part.  They fight efficiency, they fill the air waves with BS about windmills, solar and other power sources and people suckle at the teat and say thank you what else should I think.

Just because I don't agree with your politics does not mean I am naive.  

Anyway, point is I am not cheering for Edmonton just because they are a Canadian team and I have a myriad of things I don't like about Edmonton that you can agree with or not.

7 years is a big sentence.   Got it.  Went there twice so that's it.   As for politics, as far as the name "Oilers" don't care at all about that.   It's just a name.  And let's be real that's what they actually do.   Not many teams are that honest.   If it was Vancouver.  It wouldn't be Canucks.   Or Orca's.   As far a politics go, most people are just trying to scrape two coins together.     Didn't grow up in affluence, but sure created something that got to see what that was like (working for some really wealthy people).  And the waste is a bit deplorable.   Hating on people making a living isn't something i'm into so guess if that's political then you got me. 

And my "politics" would be solar panels and windmills for everyone.   Not realistic though is it.   

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Not eating there ever again if they pull this crap. 

I haven't eaten there in years. Several locations closed down in Victoria (my city). With his son Brad signing every single UFA from the Canucks in 2020 and their stupid cringey playoff promotion ad this season, I have decided to boycott this restaurant chain for life.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I haven't eaten there in years. Several locations closed down in Victoria (my city). With his son Brad signing every single UFA from the Canucks in 2020 and their stupid cringey playoff promotion ad this season, I have decided to boycott this restaurant chain for life.

Spent 35 years there, and well, there was a time when it first showed up that you could smoke, play pool and watch the game and it was one of the only things to do in Gordon Head.     Their food wasn't as good as Romeo's.   Or San Remo's or Cafe Mexico, but it had a big screen  and it was pretty decent. 

Best place to watch the game Sticky Wicket. 

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

7 years is a big sentence.   Got it.  Went there twice so that's it.   As for politics, as far as the name "Oilers" don't care at all about that.   It's just a name.  And let's be real that's what they actually do.   Not many teams are that honest.   If it was Vancouver.  It wouldn't be Canucks.   Or Orca's.   As far a politics go, most people are just trying to scrape two coins together.     Didn't grow up in affluence, but sure created something that got to see what that was like (working for some really wealthy people).  And the waste is a bit deplorable.   Hating on people making a living isn't something i'm into so guess if that's political then you got me. 

And my "politics" would be solar panels and windmills for everyone.   Not realistic though is it.   

Not sure where you are getting hating on people who work for a living. (Though if we are talking fan rivalries let the hate flow baby)
Have worked for everything I have, nobody ever gave me anything. 
I have been lucky enough to have left poverty in the US as a child to be able to work for a comfortable living in Canada.  Nice to be somewhere that rewards hard work and excellence instead of just your birth circumstances. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He would lift the cup he wouldn’t get his name on it though.

I don't understand why players would lift the cup and if their name won't go on it.

Players won't touch the cup until they have won it. It is superstition. If your name isn't on it because you aren't eligible, you shouldn't touch it. I am always puzzled why Black Aces come out and skate with the cup as well. I guess it is potentially a once in a life time opportunity, but if I am in their place, I would refuse to do it.

8 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I don't understand why players would lift the cup and if their name won't go on it.

Players won't touch the cup until they have won it. It is superstition. If your name isn't on it because you aren't eligible, you shouldn't touch it. I am always puzzled why Black Aces come out and skate with the cup as well. I guess it is potentially a once in a life time opportunity, but if I am in their place, I would refuse to do it.

If you were in their place how would you actually know?   Kind of said it already.   Ive been around long enough to know guys that win it right away don't ever again.   Maybe like Perry tonight (Eric Staal, Cam Ward a bit before him).    Theo Fleury.   Doug Gilmour.   That's wasn't unusual even back in a 21 team league.   So.   Does Ben Hutton count?   

Edited by IBatch