[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gary Bettman will only allow Canada to win once every 30 years... 🙃

We have a better chance of getting hit by the so called 'Big One' and @Alflives becoming sober then ever seeing a cup in Van...Sure gonna feel like it if the Coilers win.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I always thought it was a dumb name, no one goes to Boston for the pizza. Boston Chowdah, maybe. 

I watched the disastrous game 6 and game 7 of the 2011 SCF against Boston, at Boston Pizza.  What dark irony.

It really is a dumb name for a Canadian Italian food chain. And yeah, the food is atrocious. And expensive for franchise grub. 

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I watched the disastrous game 6 and game 7 of the 2011 SCF against Boston, at Boston Pizza.  What dark irony.

It really is a dumb name for a Canadian Italian food chain. And yeah, the food is atrocious. And expensive for franchise grub. 

ugh, at least we could cry at home. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, -dlc- said:

"Stop being"? Stop telling me how to be, I'm doing me.

In one breath you're saying "no one is telling you to" and in the next you're trying to sell me the Oilers. And they're dirty af yet they whine like they're mistreated. Zero integrity.

You can stroke the Oilers all you want....a good team (at times) and at other times they've been a complete flop. Flip a coin.

Go Panthers.

A die heart Burrows fan calling other players from a different team dirty with zero integrity, ironic. Hate to break it to you, but there’s a history of dirty players who have played for the Canucks. Burrows, Kesler, Cooke, Ruutu, Bertuzzi, Lapierre, Odjick, Hunter, Slegr, Walker, etc. 

It’s not like our team are full of angels.

10 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I've seen endless articles/youtubes saying Canadians and everyone should back the oilers. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10553322/oilers-hockey-stanley-cup-poll/amp/

F mcbaby, f their dumb stupid cover. Hope king bob and barkov own them. We'll see

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

image.thumb.png.873f06d4d9f6e62a04f7c9c8f9c3bd17.png

444972251_874322534711779_53614986491314

They even use the Green Men  ffs

image.thumb.png.31788e5544ada266a5a072f4a735e0de.png

These are commercial ads, and it isn’t any different from other ads you see.

When you see a Tesla ad on the streets/TV, do you suddenly have the urge to buy a Tesla?

Edited by shiznak
  • Wiener 1

Well, either Canada's cup drought ends tonight and the panthers make the wrong kind of history. Or the panthers win their first cup. One way or another, hockey season ends tonight. I'm pulling for the panthers, but I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

That dumb dragon started in Edmonton, with buying one of the first small franchises while still on the RCMP in '64.

But his first real full restaurant was the Boston Pizza in Penticton in '68.  My home town where I was born.  I knew that place well.  The only Italian food restaurant. Where you could get pizza and lasagna.  A lot of weekend nights I helped profit that place with my friends.  He then opened more franchises across BC, finally buying out the original owner of BP.  So he owes his fortune to BC opening its door to him.   And as soon as his Alberta home town band of diving scrubs does anything in the playoffs he expects us to jump on the Edmonton band wagon with him?  F off Jim.

Treliving was a cop here in Rupert in the 70s. He was an asshole. I think the other cops didn’t like him either. 

• Vintage 2

Panthers will win. Don't think they want to be known as the biggest chokers.

Lu with a ring followed by the Sedins next year.

We will see McBaby cry tonight.

Gonna work my voodoo magic and say 3-2 Florida OT

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mmkk said:

Panthers will win. Don't think they want to be known as the biggest chokers.

I'm sure they didn't "want" it to go 7 either 😅

Cup is coming home to Canada.. I can't wait another 30 years lol

GO OILERS!!!

34 minutes ago, shiznak said:

A die heart Burrows fan calling other players from a different team dirty with zero integrity, ironic. Hate to break it to you, but there’s a history of dirty players who have played for the Canucks. Burrows, Kesler, Cooke, Ruutu, Bertuzzi, Lapierre, Odjick, Hunter, Slegr, Walker, etc. 

It’s not like our team are full of angels.

lol.   What a group of head hunters!

That list is joke.  They pale in comparison to the leagues history of actual dirty players.  These are mostly in the "pest" category. Big difference. Burrows had never even had one suspension all through '11.  Only one for the Canucks was in '14 for graze of the head with a one second late hit that rolled  up the shoulder and barely grazed the head of Emelin from Montreal.  Who came back and played in the game. The league still  gave Burrows, a Canuck, 3 games of course.

Cooke might be the dirtiest of the lot.  But you are focusing on him as a Canuck. As a Canuck he only had one suspension of his six NHL career total.  A two gamer for a non injury spear on Matt Johnson in 2004.

All in all this is a pretty pathetic list of NHL "dirty" players for a team in the league for over 50 years.

36 minutes ago, shiznak said:

These are commercial ads, and it isn’t any different from other ads you see.

When you see a Tesla ad on the streets/TV, do you suddenly have the urge to buy a Tesla?

They may ultimately want you to buy pizza etc, but those ads are not saying buy our pizza.....Its their Edmonton born owner shoving his own team down our throats.

Tesla's main plant is in California.  You are equating it with Tesla running ads, say if LA Kings were in the final, saying "LA Kings are America's team! All of the other USA cities fans should cheer for them!"  What does that have to do with selling cars?  Or pizza?

• Thanks 1