[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I find it SUPER disrespectful. You've been presented with an honour...wipe your damn tears and be a man and go accept it.

Even Hextall came back out the get the Conn Smythe. Just go accept the honor, or pass it to someone else!!!!! You don't want to come get it? Give it to Bobrovsky or someone else.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I thought it was a huge measure of disrespect, demeaning the award and giving the middle finger to all the worthy previous winners. 

I disagree. Teams don’t accept the Wales or Campbell trophy because of superstition. If it was a bad decision I guarantee he would have been advised to go out.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is there a shot of the Coiler players losing and the fans back in Desdmonton suffering? We need to see that! F the Panthers winning. The joy here is in celebrating the Coilers losing. 

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Barkov, Ekblad, Lundell, Loustaranien, Huberdeau/Weegar traded for Tkachuk.

You do need some building blocks. Vegas is the anomaly. 

Yea only their captain and top dman. I guess the Canucks don't need Hughes.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I disagree. Teams don’t accept the Wales or Campbell trophy because of superstition.

That's not true.  They accept it, even take team pictures with it, but they do not touch or celebrate with it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

This is why you shouldn't give the award to a member of the losing team. It's dumb. McDavid comes out "Look at him stealing the thunder of the winning team." He stays in the back "what a sack of gutless trash. Didn't accept his award after his dreams were dashed." I don't fault him for not coming out. I fault the league for giving the award to a member of the losing team.

Lots of players win awards every year without winning the cup.

I can’t see any legitimate excuse for not skating out, shaking Bettman’s hand and giving a wave to fans around the world that help pay his wages. 

If you’re going to lose you might as well lose in a big way I guess.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He didn't mind being in the limelight when we were trying to send our team away with an ovation.

He's a piss poor loser as far as I'm concerned. This wasn't about giving Florida their moment.

Agreed and Drysaddle is just as bad, my only issue is were going to have to through them to get to the cup for the next 5 years.........Sigh

2 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Even Hextall came back out the get the Conn Smythe. Just go accept the honor, or pass it to someone else!!!!! You don't want to come get it? Give it to Bobrovsky or someone else.

You can’t just give it away. If he actually did that you’d all have a meltdown anyways.

Would anyone in the media have the guts to ask McDavid why he didn't come out to accept the conn smyth?

I'm curious if any of the past winners didn't come out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I find it SUPER disrespectful. You've been presented with an honour...wipe your damn tears and be a man and go accept it.

Exactly.  Sadly. McDiver's character issues are so severe that he's not capable of acting like a man on or off the ice.

• Vintage 1