[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Comments on the players:

Really impressed with Broberg... really pissed that the Oilers moved up in the lottery and grabbed him.  Unfortunately he will be good for them for along time.  🤨

Also impressed with Sam Bennett... he has really grown as a player since his Calgary days.

Of course Barkov is an amazing player... he should have won the Conn Smythe, not McDavid.  But this Lady Byng player joins the list of those who has his name on the Cup.😉

And by the way, McDavid sulking in the back and not being ready to accept his award is a loser mentality.  Yes, he is a great player, but he came up short.

Sam Reinhart is a terrific player... too bad it is very unlikely he will every pull on a Canuck jersey.

Bobrovsky deserves credit... he is not the player he was a couple years back, but he is still a great goalie who got the job done.

Edmonton has one more kick at the cat in 2024/2025... then Draisaitl will be gone... unless he takes a huge discount.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

You know this fucking hurts more than them being mad.  Hahahahah

I got told that a couple times growing up. And yeah, it somehow does.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Happy for your 2024 Mr. Florida fan, like this is so stupid, just cause I don’t vote for the same team as the gang once my team is out  I’m not a Canucks fan, moronic!

I believe you Dumb Oiler 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I want McWhiner to win a cup when he's 38 yrs old playing for the Jackets 3rd line.

I'd prefer he never win one.  Never seen a player with so much talent disgrace the sport the way he does.

• ThereItIs 3

1 minute ago, Darius said:

i know a guy who holds season tickets here just for the entertainment - he was wearing an Oiler jersey to the games in the playoffs.  Not sure season tickets mean much.

You know how the vast majority of the room feels about that team for weeks, yet you keep taking implicit shots...

No, I cheer when the oilers win and get attacked, I had one ass taking shots at my wife as insults, disgusting. Anyways, I attended 4 viewing parties and wore my Canucks jersey to each one. For fun my daughter wore her giants jersey. I guess I’m just not full of hate so can’t understand you all, not that I’d want to anyways.

• Haha 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Comments on the players:

Really impressed with Broberg... really pissed that the Oilers moved up in the lottery and grabbed him.  Unfortunately he will be good for them for along time.  🤨

Also impressed with Sam Bennett... he has really grown as a player since his Calgary days.

Of course Barkov is an amazing player... he should have won the Conn Smythe, not McDavid.  But this Lady Byng player joins the list of those who has his name on the Cup.😉

And by the way, McDavid sulking in the back and not being ready to accept his award is a loser mentality.  Yes, he is a great player, but he came up short.

Sam Reinhart is a terrific player... too bad it is very unlikely he will every pull on a Canuck jersey.

Bobrovsky deserves credit... he is not the player he was a couple years back, but he is still a great goalie who got the job done.

Edmonton has one more kick at the cat in 2024/2025... then Draisaitl will be gone... unless he takes a huge discount.

24/25 will be tough for them. There's always a slump after playing late into June. They'll be a measuring stick for every team they play next year still too. Tired and targetted and didn't get the prize. 

All I can say is "Canada's team" was a pile of shit. I didn't know anyone who wasn't already a fan that cheered for them. Fairweather fans maybe, but not a true fan of any other team wanted them to win. Looking at you @Dumb Nuck

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

And for me, not a big deal. But hey, y'all can be salty about it. I am just glad he lost.

I'm not salty I'm currently opening a bottle of expensive champagne celebrating the coilers loss and soaking in all the oiler fans tears like a sponge 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Petey O said:

Heck, it's an insult to Conn Smythe, a war hero, himself.

At least do it to respect the trophy and the man behind it.

This.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer he never win one.  Never seen a player with so much talent disgrace the sport the way he does.

I can stomach it as long as he's not wearing that ugly jersey.

but by that time, Bedard and Celebrini bros are celebrating their 4th cups in a Canuck uni. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

No, I cheer when the oilers win and get attacked, I had one ass taking shots at my wife as insults, disgusting. Anyways, I attended 4 viewing parties and wore my Canucks jersey to each one. For fun my daughter wore her giants jersey. I guess I’m just not full of hate so can’t understand you all, not that I’d want to anyways.

hey i have nothing against your right to do what you want, its when you talk down to everyone about hate etc over and over and then act like a victim when you get attacked  -that is kinda funny.  Honestly glad you had a good time with your daughter.

• Cheers 1

I got a 15 year old Dalwhinnie making my night even better. Fuck you to all the Coiler bandwagoners. Have a good night! 

Screenshot_20240624-213120.png

Edited by Joshua.Guy
Edited for clarity..

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

For someone who "doesn't care" if we believe you're a canuck fan or not, you're trying WAY too hard. Give it up. 

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

24/25 will be tough for them. There's always a slump after playing late into June. They'll be a measuring stick for every team they play next year still too. Tired and targetted and didn't get the prize. 

All I can say is "Canada's team" was a pile of shit. I didn't know anyone who wasn't already a fan that cheered for them. Fairweather fans maybe, but not a true fan of any other team wanted them to win. Looking at you @Dumb Nuck

My son was at Boston pizza in Langley watching and according to him most were cheering for the oilers, from the people I know it’s probably 50/50, I think CDC is just special.