[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

12 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

How can you be best if you lost in the finals?  Mostly just asking where is the line. It is the MVP for the playoffs - not the best player. I'm not sure you can be the MOST valuable if your team loses. Seems to me that the most valuable is the player that leads you to victory.

Big difference between going four rounds as opposed to losing the first one. If one player was instrumental above all others in getting his team within one goal and one minute of the cup then of course he could be considered as the Conne Smythe winner. The winning team could easily have been carried by a combination of players. 

In the end, Mcdavid won the Smythe and wasn’t strong enough to accept it. He’ll never be a winner. 

I’m surprised you’re being so obtuse . 

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I got a 15 year old Dalwhinnie making my night even better. Fuck you to all the Coiler bandwagoners. Have a good night! 

I had to Google what a Dalwhinnie is.

whew

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Best player ever.....ok How about Wayne something? 

Wayne, Lemieux, Orr, Lidstrom Niedermeyer ...you know winners 😄 

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

DN. Just take the loss and go away graciously. You have been rubbing in the Oilers wins like a ten year old in the playground and now it seems you can't just go away for the evening graciously. Go to bed, call it a night. 

Apparently he has bags of popcorn and couldn't wait to go through the PGT after the Oilers win...So here he is past his bedtime for the last time.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My son was at Boston pizza in Langley watching and according to him most were cheering for the oilers, from the people I know it’s probably 50/50, I think CDC is just special.

We don't glom on, yes..you're right.

I'm quite proud to stand on my own...everyone at my work was "Oilers rahrahrah". Funny thing is, none of them watches hockey and it's just about the hot ticket item and this whole "Canada" bs that was being shoved down our throats. Party woo stuff. Not hockey watching stuff.

The "real" hockey fans decide for themselves. And watch the games at home because Boston Pizza is annoying as hell during a game. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My son was at Boston pizza in Langley watching and according to him most were cheering for the oilers, from the people I know it’s probably 50/50, I think CDC is just special.

I'm not saying there aren't Oilers fans out there. I'm saying any fans of Canucks, Flames, Leafs, Sens or Habs were absolutely not cheering for the Oilers. I don't really know any Jets fans... Can't speak for them. 

Connie “Mr No Personality” McDavid doesn’t even look crushed in his post game.

Probably thinks he’ll be right back, but we all know how lucky they got this run. So many things broke their way. Doubt they get that lucky next time.

Oh well he got his participation trophy (which he didn’t even accept) 🤣

• Haha 1

Oilers were agonizingly close, winning is hard and lots has To go right.  The parity amongst the top 10 teams this year was incredible.  Probably much the same next year.  Looking forward to the fall!

• Cheers 1