[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bet on the Oilers comeback at 3-1 (I’m a horrible better) and didn’t watch any of the game tonight.

Starship Troopers GIF

I bet on McDavid to win the Conn Smythe after game 4, odds at the time were 7:1. My thinking was, if the oilers do come back to win it is going to be McD steering the ship. It was also paying better odds than the oilers to win the series IIRC. That was my 'happiness hedge' bet. After round 1 I bet on Bobrovsky to win the CS at 27:1 odds... I was hoping for him to win it but McDavid probably deserved it given the playoff he had. He should have come out to accept the award though.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My son was at Boston pizza in Langley watching and according to him most were cheering for the oilers, from the people I know it’s probably 50/50, I think CDC is just special.

Nope. I was at brewhouse and vast majority was cheering for panthers. BP is shit. Also the ratings of the finals are in the toilet. Vast majority of Canada didn't watch and no one south did. No one in the states knows where edmonton is. Great place for the face of the sport lol. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Heck, it's an insult to Conn Smythe, a war hero, himself.

At least do it to respect the trophy and the man behind it.

Exactly. It’s about showing respect instead of crying in the dark. Mcdavid is not a person you would want having your back. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Yeah, I looked at that one and was prepared to call Chris Hansen.

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I had to Google what a Dalwhinnie is.

whew

Not Scotch drinkers, I see..

Just now, DeNiro said:

He just had a horrible presser.

Man how can anyone follow that guy.

The media would have you believe he can walk on water but the guy disappeared when it mattered most and didn’t even have the class to accept a historic honor.

All the talent in the world but just doesn't have "IT" in my opinion. Still a class below Lemieux, Gretzky, Yzerman, Sakic, Bergeron etc. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

All the talent in the world but just doesn't have "IT" in my opinion. Still a class below Lemieux, Gretzky, Yzerman, Sakic, Bergeron etc. 

That's just it, he has NO CLASS. Yzerman won a cup on 1 leg, McDiver makes a mockery of the game by flopping every chance he gets.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

The media would have you believe that if he won he would have been thrust into the status of legend along with those greats.

He can’t touch those guys with a 10 foot pole. Leading in points is only part of being an all time great.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Big difference between going four rounds as opposed to losing the first one. If one player was instrumental above all others in getting his team within one goal and one minute of the cup then of course he could be considered as the Conne Smythe winner. The winning team could easily have been carried by a combination of players. 

In the end, Mcdavid won the Smythe and wasn’t strong enough to accept it. He’ll never be a winner. 

I’m surprised you’re being so obtuse . 

More just interesting to think about I guess. But I'm not really that invested in the subjective awards tbh.

Its amazing how well OEL played in the playoffs...  really a comment on the poor coaching he received under Green... and Green's style of coaching being a big contributor to his injury.

He was the PP QB by the end of the playoffs and the best Panther's D.

Just now, -dlc- said:

The Nurse hit that should have been a suspension? But of course Bennett isn’t a diver and took it like a man.

Another punk that doesn’t deserve his name on the cup.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1