[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

57 minutes ago, Shekky said:

I mean I'm sure he loves us and all but he was prompted. Nevertheless, still nice words and to be fair, I'm not sure I'd be able to articulate thoughtful responses in that moment. Paul Maurice takes the cake with the ultimate shout out hoping for the Jets to win the cup and his family. That was touching.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I knew the second the Oilers got Ekholm they were going to be a threat though. That dude is their unsung hero. I hate that they have him for two more years.

Hes 34 now. That might have been his last best season.

Everyone said the Canucks overachieved this season but I’d say the Oilers overachieved more.

They got a lot out of a pretty average roster beyond a few guys. Do they get that again next season? I’m not so sure.

Also a historically hot pk that isn’t likely to replicate that. And Skinner is so hot and cold you can’t really count on him going on a run like that again.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

He will be remembered for hiding tonight for the rest of his life. It will be his epitaph. 

Poor characters make poor choices. 

Impossible. Sportsnet will spin it as an admirable moment and make a commercial celebrating it. Lol. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I knew the second the Oilers got Ekholm they were going to be a threat though. That dude is their unsung hero. I hate that they have him for two more years.

But they have nurse with a high cap hit. Evens out. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Their defense is mostly average except for Ekholm... although Broberg is showing really good signs.  🤨

But Ekholm is 34... he is gonna go downhill fast.

Nurse is a liability half the time.

• Like 1

I am very happy for Aaron Ekblad. He has been with the Panthers a long time, through the good and 

bad years. He has also battled many injuries throughout his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Impossible. Sportsnet will spin it as an admirable moment and make a commercial celebrating it. Lol. 

They'll call it "great leadership", when in reality he's just an insufferable whiny little bitch. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Everyone said the Canucks overachieved this season but I’d say the Oilers overachieved more.

They got a lot out of a pretty average roster Beyoncé a few guys. Do they get that again next season? I’m not so sure.

Also a historically hot pk that isn’t likely to replicate that. And Skinner is so hot and cold you can’t really count on him going on a run like that again.

Yup. Coilers are on the downward cycle. This was their lucky run. We have Demko and they lose in round two in five games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They got a lot out of a pretty average roster beyond a few guys. Do they get that again next season? I’m not so sure.

Yeah. They still don't have an actual NHL quality defenceman other than Ekholm, and they don't have the cap space to fix that.

• Cheers 2