[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The blueprint is there for beating the Oilers.

Hit them and they wilt away like the flowers they are. We had that going and almost had them had we not had some unfortunate injuries.

Draisatl was definitely not himself, Panthers must have given him extra attention after that Game 3 Elbow to Barkov.

• Cheers 1

So the league played it to perfection. 

Connor got his Conn Smythe to maximize the marketing ability of their star player, the series went 7 games and maximized revenue and an American team won maximizing more revenue. 

Hoorah NHL. 

You are the new WWE 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Connor got his Conn Smythe to maximize the marketing ability of their star player, the series went 7 games and maximized revenue and an American team won maximizing more revenue. 

Hoorah NHL. 

You are the new WWE 

Good.  Cap going up up and away!!!

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Hoorah NHL. 

You are the new WWE 

The script writers go everything! Just one thing, what does it say about your star player when they don't even show up to accept the award honoring him on the biggest stage?

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The blueprint is there for beating the Oilers.

Hit them and they wilt away like the flowers they are. We had that going and almost had them had we not had some unfortunate injuries.

Well Boeser isn't that much of a hitter but his line mate, JT Miller is. Boes got hurt. You know that and it's not what you mean. You mean hit, check, run along the 

boards, any thing that draws their confidence out of their souls.

22 minutes ago, DSVII said:

When McDavid won the award, it was well deserved, and I figure he'll probably pull a J.S Giguere and win it a few years later, but he's got nowhere near the leadership and fortitude Giguere is showing to take this photo here. 

I was wondering what had happened in the past when the Conn Smythe went to someone on the losing side before I would rag on McD for his no-show.

As I cannot fathom hum being a bigger person than Giguere, I feel comfortable saying McD truly is a turd.

Thanks!

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Connie “Mr No Personality” McDavid doesn’t even look crushed in his post game.

Probably thinks he’ll be right back, but we all know how lucky they got this run. So many things broke their way. Doubt they get that lucky next time.

Oh well he got his participation trophy (which he didn’t even accept) 🤣

I suspect that at some point in his career he's going to win a cup. Maybe not with the Oilers though. But, there have been a lot of elite players that never won a cup.

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I was wondering what had happened in the past when the Conn Smythe went to someone on the losing side before I would rag on McD for his no-show.

As I cannot fathom hum being a bigger person than Giguere, I feel comfortable saying McD truly is a turd.

Thanks!

Giguere got booed when he accepted it and the picture of him sad they lost the cup is quite sad. Imagine a sad picture of McDavid accepting, the internet would blow up. Honestly, I don’t blame hime.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Giguere got booed when he accepted it and the picture of him sad they lost the cup is quite sad. Imagine a sad picture of McDavid accepting, the internet would blow up. Honestly, I don’t blame hime.

Of course you wouldn't blame him, he's your guy. Still waiting for you to just change your name to something more honest. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, DSVII said:

The script writers go everything! Just one thing, what does it say about your star player when they don't even show up to accept the award honoring him on the biggest stage?

To be fair he was kind of MIA the whole game..Think they forgot him in Deadmonton.

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Hoorah NHL. 

You are the new WWE 

New?  😆

It's been a Vince McMahon league since at least 2011...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well Boeser isn't that much of a hitter but his line mate, JT Miller is. Boes got hurt. You know that and it's not what you mean. You mean hit, check, run along the 

boards, any thing that draws their confidence out of their souls.

Actually Boes is a great board player and he is solid...

He doesn't take runs at people, but he can more than handle himself in the rough stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I disagree. Teams don’t accept the Wales or Campbell trophy because of superstition. If it was a bad decision I guarantee he would have been advised to go out.

That's not analagous at all.  They are team awards, recognition of reaching a stepping stone to the ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup.   The Conn Smythe is an individual award, recognizing excellence throughout the run to the Cup. Nothing to do with the Wales or Campbell, or Stanley for that matter.

To refuse to honor its significance, or the legacy of past winners, is just petulant and boorish, ill becoming of a player carrying the mantle of the greatest of his generation and aspiring to be the captain of a Cup-winning team

It was ill-done, McDavid 

• Vintage 2