[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

That's not analagous at all.  They are team awards, recognition of reaching a stepping stone to the ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup.   The Conn Smythe is an individual award, recognizing excellence throughout the run to the Cup. Nothing to do with the Wales or Campbell, or Stanley for that matter.

To refuse to honor its significance, or the legacy of past winners, is just petulant and boorish, ill becoming of a player carrying the mantle of the greatest of his generation and aspiring to be the captain of a Cup-winning team

It was ill-done, McDavid 

I’m sure his reasoning will come out so I’ll wait till then, Giguere got booed when he accepted and can you imaging the memes coming out if McDavid accepted the trophy while sad they lost.   Maybe he was more interested in being with his team than accepting a trophy, dunno, the more I think about it no player should be put in that position, make the trophy winnable by the winning team only.

Glad the Panthers found their game again just in time.

They’re clearly the better team they just didn’t know what to do with a 3-0 lead and let it snowball. The pressure built but when their backs were against the wall they showed who the true championship caliber team was.

Edited by DeNiro

Remembering how I felt the day after the 2011 loss Oilers fans are in for a rough one tomorrow when it sinks in.

There season was even more of a rollercoaster too so that empty feeling gonna hit hard.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Is that what you want for Christmas? If it’s under $100 I’ll buy it for you.

Its clearly what you want, take a good long sniff while the rest of us celebrate Florida beating the oilers.

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Giguere got booed when he accepted it and the picture of him sad they lost the cup is quite sad. Imagine a sad picture of McDavid accepting, the internet would blow up. Honestly, I don’t blame hime.

Booing him for that is disgusting.

Takes bravery to get up in that situation.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m sure his reasoning will come out so I’ll wait till then, Giguere got booed when he accepted and can you imaging the memes coming out if McDavid accepted the trophy while sad they lost.   Maybe he was more interested in being with his team than accepting a trophy, dunno, the more I think about it no player should be put in that position, make the trophy winnable by the winning team only.

If you're going to be the so-called face of the league, man up.

• Like 2

Just now, Conscience said:

It’s clearly what you want, take a good long sniff while the rest of us celebrate Florida beating the oilers.

I’m sorry, should have offered up Tkachucks jock strap, my bad.

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

DN. Just take the loss and go away graciously. You have been rubbing in the Oilers wins like a ten year old in the playground and now it seems you can't just go away for the evening graciously. Go to bed, call it a night. 

OCD mentally challenged coiler fan, 

he can't help it. He lives for our page. 

Edmonton doesn't have a page as good as ours.

• ThereItIs 2

The OEL buyout was a unique opportunity for us last summer, but I think most people knew he’d bounce back this season after a proper offseason of training.  It was an amazing  turnabout season for us - but most of the pieces we brought in with the cap we carved out are set to leave in UFA. Hopefully we can keep the momentum.

OTOH Drance just posted Florida outscored Edmonton 6-1 with OEL on the ice and outshot opponents by 44 over the playoffs. He only had 6 points in 22 games but in a support role (and obviously much less salary) he tilted the ice.  Early in the year, with Ekblad and Montour out, played top pairing minutes and kept Florida in the playoff hunt.  

Good for him!  But for us? Maybe it’s a reminder not to go overboard trying to get rid of Mikheyev - unless a can’t miss opportunity necessitates clearing the cap of course.

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Get Out Max GIF by HBO

So much for "family time".

Take's his daughter all the way to Deadmonton for a amazing playoff experience..Spends all game and after hrs on the Canucks message forum..How fuckin' boring must Deadmonton be?!?!

Make it make sense.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1