[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, even McBaby's parents were there, set with their camera to snap a picture of him. We hear all this talk of families...that was their moment too. Parents are proud win or lose and I'm sure they would have loved that picture of their son with his award. But no...he was pouting.

You could see from their expressions that they were not too happy about it.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Or maybe they weren’t happy the Oilers lost?

Or maybe they were disappointed that their son didn't graciously accept his trophy. If they were unhappy that oilers lost, then they probably would have left the Stadiumi instead of waiting around for the award presentation. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Its amazing how well OEL played in the playoffs...  really a comment on the poor coaching he received under Green... and Green's style of coaching being a big contributor to his injury.

He was the PP QB by the end of the playoffs and the best Panther's D.

OEL at the right price, is a great guy to have on your team.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, I won't be giving BP a penny after their campaign trying to get us to cheer for the Soilers.

Once I discovered Mod Pizza in Langford, BP became a distance memory. Even Romeo’s is better.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Would the Jets be the only Canadian team that all of Canada could truly rally behind?

I'll throw the poor Sens in the ring also. 

Now I can sleep peacefully. Looking forward to this offseason, especially next 2 weeks. I have a great feeling that we will get all the players this team needs and be drinking A♠️ from the Lords Cup this time next year, while the whole North of the 49th parallel drowns in their tears. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Once I discovered Mod Pizza in Langford, BP became a distance memory. Even Romeo’s is better.

Is Ali Baba still good? They used to be but I haven't had it in years.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

Buffalo has suffered so much more in all the sports I almost wouldn't mind them getting theirs first. Unless we're playing them in the final of course.

they lost 2 cup finals. we lost 3.   and i think were the only championship less team in north american sports that lose 2 game 7s in the championship series. i could be wrong now but in 2011 we were.

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Or maybe they were disappointed that their son didn't graciously accept his trophy. If they were unhappy that oilers lost, then they probably would have left the Stadiumi instead of waiting around for the award presentation. 

there's no world where anybody comes back out from the dressing room after losing game 7 of the stanley cup final on the road to accept an award they do not give a shit about in that moment in front of fans that are booing them. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m indifferent to the Leafs and Flames right now.

Oilers are number 1. Can’t wait till we play them for the first time next season. And hope we can face them again in the playoffs.

I was actually on board with the Oilers in 2006, and really didn’t hate their Cinderella era with their hard nosed players like Smyth. That all changed in 2011 when they all called me gay for living in BC and cheering for the Canucks. Sedin sisters, Racist stuff. Just ruthlessly harassing the fuck out of me in 2011, rubbing their 5 cups from 34 years ago in my face. Now it’s Quinn Hughes and EP who are gay.

I get nearly the same satisfaction of us winning it all as I do seeing them lose. I’m not even joking. That game 7 loss is the closest I’ve felt to what it might feel like to see the Canucks win the Stanley cup. I hate that team and their fans with every fiber of my being. 

We got 1 more year to worry about them, then they’re going to start their journey down where they belong. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

can anyone spot Luongo in this pic? Lol

IMG_9083.thumb.jpeg.f5b409e73bb31f59b8410edd59cfeddd.jpeg

Stayed up just to see him come out ... even without skates, keep noticing him in the background huge grin and all, was great!

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

What's hilarious is that their fans and the team along with the media don't realize how the oilers fluked their way into the stanley cup finals and it was soooo undeserved. 

Demko injured (our Vezina calibre goalie) 

Boeser injured

Soucy BS suspension while ignoring the Hymen crosscheck to Z's face

No suspension on nutshot on Hogz 

Repeated slew foots by Kane on Hughes uncalled

Drais with uncalled slashes

Mcdavid escaping a 4 minute double minor during a pivitol moment when the Canucks could have put a stranglehold on the series

How about this one lol (a charging call that was the first of its kind)  

The NHL did its very best to get the Oilers past the Canucks and they barely got by us in 7 games. 

The way the refs called the games (as shown in these clips) would take any team off their game. If they called a fair series, I have no doubt the canucks would have moved on with our 3rd string goalie and beat the oilers in 5 games. What a fricking joke. 

My hope is that the oilers try to run it back with their crappy team and we take revenge on them next year. 

I can't wait for our first regular season game against them. 

Time to beat up on these pretenders

Hopefully it was the start of a rivalry.   That the silver lining.