[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

33 minutes ago, GreenTercel said:

Jumping in to this convo. I agree. I saw him whine and dive all playoffs, too, but this doesn't *necessarily* add to that. We can't claim to know his reasons, but like with the Clarence Campbell trophy, he may have simply not wanted to touch it cause it's not the one he wanted.

He very well may have been in there consoling his team, rather than accepting a trophy for an individual. 

There is no requirement for him to “touch it”. 

He could have had the courtesy to acknowledge what it represents and show appreciation for he himself being  appreciated by the league, players and fans. 

I think he’s regretting his choice cower in the dressing room. Would have earned so much respect by being a bigger person in the moment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

It kind of looks like this but with equally ugly coloursimage.jpeg.0e21cdf8ec749598f293af7678ebf058.jpeg

Far uglier. The Leafs unis are classic and nice...the Oilers are shite. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Ryan Whitney and luc gadzic should get together and console each other since it seems like an Edmonton thing to do :classic_laugh:

Have their parents wait outside while they go in a room.

48 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I felt bad for them...had their camera out, ready for him to receive the award. 

And that wasn't just any simple award.  It was the Conn Smythe which has its own lore in hockey history.  The trophy has the names of legends on it -- Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Beliveau, Lafleur, and the list goes on.

To snub that award is to snub those that came before him that worked THEIR asses off as well to earn their honour on that trophy.

Don't give me this shit about how he put the team first by not coming out.  Part of being a leader and a professional is exemplifying WHAT TO DO in those difficult moments.  For the fans, for the league, for the game.  You get your ass back out there and show your teammates that are following your lead what SHOULD be done. 

McDavid has some maturing to do.  If and when he does, he will gain the respect of the entire hockey world, not just for his talent, but also as a person and a leader.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

12 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

I love Maurice, always wanted him as our coach. 

If he wasn't already hired by the Panthers, he would've been a good fit here too. But Florida seems to be a perfect fit for him, just exactly the roster that suits his pulse and personality.

I am glad we have Tocchet, Tocchs great and I believe he can get us there one day as well.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I felt bad for them...had their camera out, ready for him to receive the award. 

I don't.  They're the ones who raised that gutless dirtbag and failed at turning him into a man.  It's not all their fault, but maybe him disgracing his family like this is what is needed.

6 hours ago, tas said:

there's no world where anybody comes back out from the dressing room after losing game 7 of the stanley cup final on the road to accept an award they do not give a shit about in that moment in front of fans that are booing them. 

I just learned something. #97 doesn’t care about winning the Smythe trophy. It wasn’t reported anywhere. He might have had his reasons for not coming out to accept the trophy, but it seems unlikely that he doesn’t give a shit about it.

I’m sure that the many Oiler fans in the building, and maybe even some of the locals would have applauded Connor for his performance in the playoffs.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I just learned something. #97 doesn’t care about winning the Smythe trophy. It wasn’t reported anywhere. He might have had his reasons for not coming out to accept the trophy, but it seems unlikely that he doesn’t give a shit about it.

I’m sure that the many Oiler fans in the building, and maybe even some of the locals would have applauded Connor for his performance in the playoffs.  

nobody cares about the individual consolation prize when they just failed to achieve their entire life's goal 2 minutes prior. with the benefit of some time to decompress he will appreciate the meaning of the Conn Smythe win, but expecting him to do so in the heat and misery of the moment is totally unreasonable. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

nobody cares about the individual consolation prize when they just failed to achieve their entire life's goal 2 minutes prior. with the benefit of some time to decompress he will appreciate the meaning of the Conn Smythe win, but expecting him to do so in the heat and misery of the moment is totally unreasonable. 

why are you apologizing for this guy so hard?

• Cheers 1

FUCK the Coilers! Good riddance, thank you Mr. Vancouver Sam Reinhart for ruining Albertans day and all those that flew to florida and spent money on a billboard etc...Florida was always the better team and they "dusted" Edm in 7!!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

why are you apologizing for this guy so hard?

I'm not, really. when I see people attacking somebody for reasons that in my mind are senseless, I choose to speak up, even when I'm not a fan of that person. 

• Like 1

Just now, tas said:

I'm not, really. when I see people attacking somebody for reasons that in my mind are senseless, I choose to speak up, even when I'm not a fan of that person. 

but it does make sense, to them, as much as your stand does to you. I think he showed a lack of leadership and professionalism as many other do, you don't. Continuing to debate it isn't going to change anyones mind. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

but it does make sense, to them, as much as your stand does to you. I think he showed a lack of leadership and professionalism as many other do, you don't. Continuing to debate it isn't going to change anyones mind. 

people are welcome to stop quoting and responding to me anytime they like.