[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Or he could be a real leader like Iginla & get his team to come out to give a proper sendoff for a rival (Linden).  McWhiner can have the individual trophies but he'll always be a loser.  In my opinion

you're comparing an apple to a cactus. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

nobody cares about the individual consolation prize when they just failed to achieve their entire life's goal 2 minutes prior. with the benefit of some time to decompress he will appreciate the meaning of the Conn Smythe win, but expecting him to do so in the heat and misery of the moment is totally unreasonable. 

It comes with the territory. And by the way, I’m not attacking anyone. I thought it was the appropriate thing to accept the award.

Ever watch  the Olympics? The silver and bronze winners stand on the podium and accept their awards. 

I’m just from a different background than you. Let’s just leave it at that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Mourn ? now your taking a comedic approach to your argument. That’s  hilarious. Even funnier than the console bit. 

you don't think these guys mourn losing the cup? get with it. they are entirely empty inside after. 

Just now, tas said:

I love that my opinion is only an opinion but your opinion is "the only right thing".

blow harder.  

It's not an opinion when it comes to a trophy being presented and the guy didn't come and accept it in front of the entire hockey world.  THAT is a fact. 

I think you need to go and blow McDavid some more because clearly you can't see how bad it looks for the "Face of the NHL" to snub a trophy that has been admired for generations.  Way to be a classy role model for kids watching the game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So, would you want your son behaving that way?  

"Dad, I didn't win but they said I was great so I told the teachers and everyone else to f-off and ran home"

They have a whole summer to "suffer" - sorry, McBaby does NOT get a pass.  It was 5 minutes of his time - he didn't need to be in the dressing room at that moment. 
He's nothing but a sore loser - I'm surprised he even lined up the shake hands.

Best player of the playoffs?  How many bad games in the entire playoffs did Bobrovsky have?  3?  How many games did McDavid have ZERO points? 5? 6? 

When the cup was on the line - who was better?  

I say Bobrovsky.  

I would want my son to prioritize the team loss over the individual achievement 10 times out of 10, especially if he was the captain of the group. it's a no-brainer for me, honestly. 

Just now, tas said:

you don't think these guys mourn losing the cup? get with it. they are entirely empty inside after. 

I played jrB SrA played in a few coy cups and 1 Allen cup prelim tourney in Alta. And I can tell you unequivocally real hockey players don’t mourn or console. Get with it softy. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It comes with the territory. And by the way, I’m not attacking anyone. I thought it was the appropriate thing to accept the award.

Ever watch  the Olympics? The silver and bronze winners stand on the podium and accept their awards. 

it's not the same thing at all. the silver and bronze medal winner didn't go to war with 22 other guys for 2 months (plus 6 other months) who are all sobbing in an adjacent room while you're up on the podium. 

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Excellent example.  We don't think those people that worked their entire lives to try and win in their sport are not mourning the loss and opportunity that just passed them by?  They stand there no matter how upset they are and accept the medals graciously and with class.  Imagine if people just stopped showing up at the podium because they didn't win gold.  BRUTAL take by Tas here.  Absolutely brutal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chon derry said:

I played jrB SrA played in a few coy cups and 1 Allen cup prelim tourney in Alta. And I can tell you unequivocally real hockey players don’t mourn or console. Get with it softy. 

🤣

1 minute ago, tas said:

it's not the same thing at all. the silver and bronze medal winner didn't go to war with 22 other guys for 2 months (plus 6 other months) who are all sobbing in an adjacent room while you're up on the podium. 

Are you being serious right now?  There are team sports in the Olympics too.  They win and lose as a team.  They train their entire lives for those moments.  Yet when they lose, they still show up for their medals. 

Give me a break man.  You finish blowing McDavid yet?

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's not an opinion when it comes to a trophy being presented and the guy didn't come and accept it in front of the entire hockey world.  THAT is a fact. 

I think you need to go and blow McDavid some more because clearly you can't see how bad it looks for the "Face of the NHL" to snub a trophy that has been admired for generations.  Way to be a classy role model for kids watching the game.

he's being a classy role model by teaching kids what really matters - the team, not some trophy you win by happenstance. 

• Wiener 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Are you being serious right now?  There are team sports in the Olympics too.  They win and lose as a team.  They train their entire lives for those moments.  Yet when they lose, they still show up for their medals. 

Give me a break man.  You finish blowing McDavid yet?

it's a 2 week tournament. it is not even close to the same thing. 

Just now, tas said:

he's being a classy role model by teaching kids what really matters - the team, not some trophy you win by happenstance. 

A class role model by snubbing a trophy because that's not the one he wanted?  Are you serious?  Yeah you're a lost cause here.  You can't see it when there's a ton of us here pointing it out to you in black and white, yet you're too stubborn to accept it.  Instead you tell people like me to 'blow harder'... class.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

search the forum for instances of me referring to mcdavid and you'll discover quite the opposite. I've stated repeatedly that I think he's a disgraceful face of the league. 

this is separate from that though. 

I know, I'm just goofing.

Regarding McDavid, i can see it both ways, but at the end of the day I think he should have come out and accepted it.

1. Pays respect to the trophy, its previous winners, and the history related to it

2. He makes 12.5 million because of the fans.    Many of his fans were in the stands, including his parents, many of which paid a small fortune to watch the game.  Hes a top player that is put on a pedestal by the league and the media.   He has to accept the good and the bad of that type of status - including doing unpalatable things.

3. Im not buying he was "so distraught" argument.  He had to come out and speak to the media- thats probably 10 times harder than skating up to Bettman for a pic with the trophy.

But...id rather be arguing about which UFA we are going to get....Fk McDavid....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

A class role model by snubbing a trophy because that's not the one he wanted?  Are you serious?  Yeah you're a lost cause here.  You can't see it when there's a ton of us here pointing it out to you in black and white, yet you're too stubborn to accept it.  Instead you tell people like me to 'blow harder'... class.

so what about every single team that snubs the conference trophies? classless losers too?

Just now, tas said:

it's a 2 week tournament. it is not even close to the same thing. 

You think they don't train for those 2 weeks for YEARS or even DECADES?  They may only get ONE shot at it too as the Olympics happens every 4 years.  Don't even go there man. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

so what about every single team that snubs the conference trophies? classless losers too?

They just don't touch it.  They stand with it, and take their photo.  That's COMPLETELY different, and you know it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Darius said:

Funny  Jim Matheson, oilers homer, has no Panthers in his Conn Smythe voting....Puts Hyman in there.    Might as well let the fans vote if this guy gets to vote

Yup, I had it:

1 McDavid (And it wasn't even close)

2 Barkov

3 Forsling/Skinner  

• Like 1