[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's completely your opinion.  Not fact.  Fact is that trophy was being presented, and as a leader of a franchise, an ambassador to the sport, and a role model for children of the game, there was only one right thing to do.  The fact he didn't do it was a selfish act.  Let's be real, he wasn't thinking about his teammates in that moment.  He didn't go out there because he was upset.  PERSONALLY upset.

Its all opinion.

Going out there may have been the professional and unselfish thing to do.  LIke why couldn't he just suspend his emotions for 10 minutes to grab the trophy and leave. Think of the children!

Or not going out might have been the  most unselfish thing he's ever done....to not go out, and abandon his team as Captain, to be praised and awarded as an individual in the face of such a team loss.  Where he would be rubbing it in "I've at least got mine Jack".  

There's an argument to be made for both sides of the issue.

Again, who cares?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, HKSR said:

You think they don't train for those 2 weeks for YEARS or even DECADES?  They may only get ONE shot at it too as the Olympics happens every 4 years.  Don't even go there man. 

and yet it is still nothing resembling the ups and downs of the trench warfare required for a 6 month, 82 game season followed by 2 months of outright desperation where there's literally only one thing that matters to anyone. 

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Its all opinion.

Going out there may have been the professional and unselfish thing to do.  LIke why couldn't he just suspend his emotions for 10 minutes to grab the trophy and leave. Think of the children!

Or not going out might have been the  most unselfish thing he's ever done....to not go out, and abandon his team as Captain, to be praised and awarded as an individual in the face of such a team loss.  Where he would be rubbing it in "I've at least got mine Jack".  

There's an argument to be made for both sides of the issue.

Again, who cares?

people looking for an excuse to drag mcdavid care. the toxicity of the internet cares. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

so what about every single team that snubs the conference trophies? classless losers too?

When did any team snub a conference trophy. When? Refusal to touch it and snubbing an award are two distinctly different things 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

They just don't touch it.  They stand with it, and take their photo.  That's COMPLETELY different, and you know it.

they stand there disinterested and participate because they're happy that they're moving on to the cup. 

11 minutes ago, tas said:

I would want my son to prioritize the team loss over the individual achievement 10 times out of 10, especially if he was the captain of the group. it's a no-brainer for me, honestly. 

So, you're just a sore loser well then?

Got it.

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Meh, he's a media darling.  Toxic?  Nothing like what the Sedins had to put up with.  Again, in my opinion.

a whole forum (plus, presumably half of twitter but I'm not on there) just looking for any weak excuse to kick a guy while he's down because they don't like him. 

not many things more toxic than that. 

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Developed a serious hate for Bouchard this playoffs. What a doofy looking turd burger. 

Glad everyone saw them for what they were in the end though. 

Nurse is a 9 million dollar plug that has to knee guys to be effective.

Bouchard is a fake tough guy that taps out when an actual tough guy tries to tangle with him

Crysaitl is a dirty POS that should have been suspended multiple times. He’s like a tennis player that uses injuries as an excuse every time he fades away.

McDavid piles up points but can’t lead his team when it mattered most. And in the end he shows everyone his true character. He’s a me first player that only cares about his own glory. Not a leader.

And you still missed a couple more lowlifes like Perry and Kane.

I can’t get how is it even remotely possible to cheer for such individuals.

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

and yet it is still nothing resembling the ups and downs of the trench warfare required for a 6 month, 82 game season followed by 2 months of outright desperation where there's literally only one thing that matters to anyone. 

The ups and downs happen over years and decades.  Multiple injuries and failures to just get to a point where you may get one moment to win what you've worked for your ENTIRE life. 

I'm done with you man... in one fell swoop, you have:

1.  Stated that snubbing a trophy that has been admired for generations was the right statement to make for the children of the game.

2.  Downplayed the work, effort, blood-and-tears of Olympians competing for Gold and stating that NHLers are way more emotionally hurt after losing.

3.  Compared not touching a Conference trophy to not accepting the Conn Smythe.

You are a lost cause.

There's sportsmanship and class -- doing the right thing when it's damn difficult to do... and then there's a selfish approach to the game where you do what's right for YOU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

So, you're just a sore loser well then?

Got it.

I know that the point of the game is what you accomplish with your team, not meaningless individual shiny objects. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The ups and downs happen over years and decades.  Multiple injuries and failures to just get to a point where you may get one moment to win what you've worked for your ENTIRE life. 

I'm done with you man... in one fell swoop, you have:

1.  Stated that snubbing a trophy that has been admired for generations was the right statement to make for the children of the game.

2.  Downplayed the work, effort, blood-and-tears of Olympians competing for Gold and stating that NHLers are way more emotionally hurt after losing.

3.  Compared not touching a Conference trophy to not accepting the Conn Smythe.

You are a lost cause.

There's sportsmanship and class -- doing the right thing when it's damn difficult to do... and then there's a selfish approach to the game where you do what's right for YOU.

the selfish thing would be celebrating your individual achievement instead of staying with your team. should be obvious. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

a whole forum (plus, presumably half of twitter but I'm not on there) just looking for any weak excuse to kick a guy while he's down because they don't like him. 

not many things more toxic than that. 

Lol...it's a message board of a rival team board. You do realize that the word "fan" originated from the word "fanatic".  McBaby has had it easy IMHO.

At first I thought it was classless act not to be present for the presentation of the Conn Smythe. But given the circumstance in that he was on the losing team at the Panthers rink and the crowd was already hostile toward the fact that a player on the losing team won the Conn Smythe, I get it. I don't really think it was an intentional snub. and it was probably the appropriate thing to do. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol...it's a message board of a rival team board. You do realize that the word "fan" originated from the word "fanatic".  McBaby has had it easy IMHO.

I'm all for denigrating other teams players, mcdavid included, I just think we look a lot less dumb when we do it for valid reasons instead of nonsense. 

edit: like, let's focus on "the best player in the world" not getting on the board in the biggest game of his life. if you want to shred him for that you won't hear a peep from me. 

Edited by tas

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I know that the point of the game is what you accomplish with your team, not meaningless individual shiny objects. 

Kind of funny to read so many Canucks fans so disappointed they didn't get to watch McBaby hold up yet another personal trophy for himself in front of the cameras. For whatever the reason.

Personally, I'd rather use the time for another shot of Lu holding up the Cup.

• Cheers 1

Just now, kilgore said:

Kind of funny to read so many Canucks fans so disappointed they didn't get to watch McBaby hold up yet another personal trophy for himself in front of the cameras. For whatever the reason.

Personally, I'd rather use the time for another shot of Lu holding up the Cup.

The refs got tired of hold the cups for the Oilers.   That OTHER cup.

😉

• Haha 2

I refuse to throw my support behind any team that is not the Canucks. Having said that I am satisfied that Panthers took out the team that ended  the Canucks season. Edmonton is NOT Canada's team just like the Leafs or Winnipeg is not Canada's team. When they don the Canadian Sweater and play on the international stage Olympics or otherwise, I will be the first one to support Mcjesus and cheer the loudest when he scores the winning goal in overtime for Gold.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1