[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

McWhiner probably didn't come out for the Conn Smythe presentation because he was probably busy leaving a screaming/crying message in Gary Buttman's voicemail: "You promised me the Cup, Gary!"

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Ngl it's been fun watching Canucks, Kings, and Flames fans pile on and help Florida hate the ever loving shit out of Edmonton all series

CDN media

Did Boston Pizza have the correct logic? Wrong team?

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

A good example that not all stars are created equal. :classic_biggrin: Some excel in the playoffs, and others...........not so much.

Different sport but look no further than James Harden. All-star offensive numbers in the regular season.  Tons of individual hardware in his trophy case.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

I think the more sensible beef isn't with mcdavid not coming out to accept the trophy, but with him being awarded it. 

the guy obviously dominated statistically in a historical way, but there were too many games in the last 3 rounds where he was a non-factor despite that for him to win the smythe in my opinion 

should have been bob. 

McDavid didn't do much of anything in games six and seven, but while it's easy to dunk on him that also downplays what Barkov accomplished, Barkov was on him all series.

In the 43:40 the captains shared at five-on-five throughout the series, the Panthers surrendered a single goal. The score when the two centers were on the ice together at five-on-five: 1-1.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

McDavid didn't do much of anything in games six and seven, but while it's easy to dunk on him that also downplays what Barkov accomplished, Barkov was on him all series.

In the 43:40 the captains shared at five-on-five throughout the series, the Panthers surrendered a single goal. The score when the two centers were on the ice together at five-on-five: 1-1.

maybe barkov should be in the conversation for Best Player in the World™

Edited by tas

42 minutes ago, tas said:

I know that the point of the game is what you accomplish with your team, not meaningless individual shiny objects. 

Then why bother put individual names on the Stanley Cup?

By your "logic" - it should just be the team name.
By your "logic" - they shouldn't keep track of who scores goals nor assists in the regular season nor playoffs.

You can't have it both ways.  Stick that in your Funk & Wagnalls.

BTW, The Conn Smythe is NOT meaningless.  SMH  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

maybe barkov should be int he conversation for Best Player in the World™

Best two-way player, certainly. Anyone doubting that he's the cream of the crop in that regard, or the Selke heir apparent with Bergeron retired, just needed to watch his playoff run. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

that's not a case that requires it. nobody in that room was thinking about the conn smythe or it's inherent meaning. he'll be gracious about it going forward, I guarantee it, but at that point in time, literally the worst moment of all these guys' lives, you have to be understanding that he's entitle to his private moment to mourn what could have been with his brothers. 

If that's the worst moment in their lives then aren't they lucky.   Really?    Brock's endured a lot more.   It's just a game man.   Entertainers - that's what they sell.   And escape.    I'm sure their millions make it easy to "cope" with the worst moment in their lives.   Don't pretend to know what they are thinking in that room.   Maybe they are thinking next season.    Get they all dream of winning a cup too.    Someone had to lose.    Think your taking this much harder then you need too.   McDavid's sportsmanship isn't what i'd call great.   Did Crosby take a dive?   Was Malkin following his lead and diving all over?    They lost.   Karma maybe.  Or just a game of inches and the luckier team won who knows. 

It was a win win in my books either way, growing up with Canada having stranglehold on it.   And the teams that weren't Canadian, loaded with Canadians.    The win is Luongo got to share it, get his name on the cup.   And EDM who beat us lost.    McDavid needs someone to help him with PR.   That much is clear.    Why is he the most unlikeable superstar in league history despite all the hype he keeps getting? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Then why bother put individual names on the Stanley Cup?

By your "logic" - it should just be the team name.
By your "logic" - they shouldn't keep track of who scores goals nor assists in the regular season nor playoffs.

You can't have it both ways.  Stick that in your Funk & Wagnalls.

BTW, The Conn Smythe is NOT meaningless.  SMH  

of course I can have it both ways. 

getting your name on the cup makes you an immortal. winning the smythe is the cherry on top of the sundae, and if you didn't get the sundae, you sure as hell don't give a damn about the cherry. 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

If that's the worst moment in their lives then aren't they lucky.   Really?    Brock's endured a lot more.   It's just a game man.   Entertainers - that's what they sell.   And escape.    I'm sure their millions make it easy to "cope" with the worst moment in their lives.   Don't pretend to know what they are thinking in that room.   Maybe they are thinking next season.    Get they all dream of winning a cup too.    Someone had to lose.    Think your taking this much harder then you need too.   McDavid's sportsmanship isn't what i'd call great.   Did Crosby take a dive?   Was Malkin following his lead and diving all over?    They lost.   Karma maybe.  Or just a game of inches and the luckier team won who knows. 

It was a win win in my books either way, growing up with Canada having stranglehold on it.   And the teams that weren't Canadian, loaded with Canadians.    The win is Luongo got to share it, get his name on the cup.   And EDM who beat us lost.    McDavid needs someone to help him with PR.   That much is clear.    Why is he the most unlikeable superstar in league history despite all the hype he keeps getting? 

it's "just a game" that they've devoted their entire lives to. 

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

OEL winning the cup while on our payroll...is a huge slap in the face to our team.

This goes to show the lack of brains in our front office. 

Hronek getting his contract is another.

Awkward Chris GIF by ABC Network

It's embarrassing

this take is embarrassing.