[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Crazy that he put up the production he did.

Not surprised.  Also wouldn't surprise me if it happened against the Canucks.  We battered the hell out of them that series.

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Why is he the most unlikeable superstar in league history despite all the hype he keeps getting? 

because the guy is a personality black hole who constantly looks disinterested and annoyed with media, never engaging. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Not surprised.  Also wouldn't surprise me if it happened against the Canucks.  We battered the hell out of them that series.

More reason to keep Z and Myers, and get bigger. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

they were very lucky to make it through vancouver. if the canucks could have dug one game deeper, I truly believe demko would have won the conference finals on his own and we'd all be making plans to go to a parade right now. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

it's "just a game" that they've devoted their entire lives to. 

But not Olympians.  When they lose, they've only been at it for 2 weeks.  No wonder they can graciously accept silver and bronze medals standing on tiers that are physically lower than the gold medal winner.

/sarcasm

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, HKSR said:

But not Olympians.  When they lose, they've only been at it for 2 weeks.  No wonder they can graciously accept silver and bronze medals standing on tiers that are physically lower than the gold medal winner.

/sarcasm

most olympians, if they haven't aged out, know they'll get a other shot in 4 years. 

14 minutes ago, tas said:

because the guy is a personality black hole who constantly looks disinterested and annoyed with media, never engaging. 

I don't care two shits about that.  It's his annoying sideways glances at the refs, and whining when nothing penalty worthy happened.   Did you not watch the playoffs?     Get some is ok as a tactic and game play.  He takes it to another level.   QHs was getting abused and didn't once do this.   In the NSH and the EDM series, this came up from the announcers.   And the eye balls work well enough still to get it.   So does the grey matter.    Gretzky did this, but was modest and fair about it, got his hackles up when it was deserved otherwise did nothing.   And he never feasted on the PP either.   Did it 5 x 5.   Or 4 x 4 until they decided to get rid of that because they were way too good. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

most olympians, if they haven't aged out, know they'll get a other shot in 4 years. 

Oh I'm sorry, McDavid has 'aged out' of another attempt?  That's as weak of an argument as I've seen from you lol.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

Can't wait in another four years to see what you will have to say.   Actually more like two decades.  If i'm still alive.   Come one man, McDavid and Draisaitl sullied themselves all playoffs.    In various ways.    What did he really do?   Nothing extraordinary.   Skated fast on the perimeter.    Had way less memorable goals than so many guys, including Canuck's in the past.   The media hyped him up.   That's what I saw anyways, at least I watched Mark Messier tell it like it was last night; and that says a lot.   The SN feed was terrible this post season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, tas said:

they were very lucky to make it through vancouver. if the canucks could have dug one game deeper, I truly believe demko would have won the conference finals on his own and we'd all be making plans to go to a parade right now. 

Their core of McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Ekholm, and Hyman are all intact.  They're gonna get more shots at this.  It's not like they're gonna fall apart overnight.

• ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh I'm sorry, McDavid has 'aged out' of another attempt?  That's as weak of an argument as I've seen from you lol.

I'm sure what he did do, was go back into the dressing room and tell the guys he's proud of them and that they'd win next season.    Right?    Doubt there was a Messier moment like when he left the shower to watch the TV and see the NYI saying that they "Won on character" then snapping his towel at the TV and vowing never to lose to them again.   Instead he's looking for his sundae with the cherry on top according to Tas. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Their core of McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Ekholm, and Hyman are all intact.  They're gonna get more shots at this.  It's not like they're gonna fall apart overnight.

Of course.   And like other teams that lost in the final, they will need to learn from it.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

this is a really, really dumb argument I won't be indulging further. 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

It's not an opinion when it comes to a trophy being presented and the guy didn't come and accept it in front of the entire hockey world.  THAT is a fact. 

I think you need to go and blow McDavid some more because clearly you can't see how bad it looks for the "Face of the NHL" to snub a trophy that has been admired for generations.  Way to be a classy role model for kids watching the game.

There’s a reason why they bring out the conn smythe to be presented “regardless” of whether the winner is from the winning team or not.  If it’s customary for the winner to be from the losing team to not accept the award in person then why would they continue to put it out on the table?  The expectation is for the player to come out and accept the award regardless.  Not coming out was the wrong move no matter what the excuse was.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

yeah, maybe, it's an easy assumption to make.

I won't make that assumption though, because they have to go through van every year. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, tas said:

You are the AUTHORITY on "really dumb arguments", this thread is proof of that. Complete drivel. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

Not really.  Presentation of the CS is part of the Stanley Cup final ceremonies.  By not accepting the award he is sending a message that he is more important than the game itself.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

Not really.  Presentation of the CS is part of the Stanley Cup final ceremonies.  By not accepting the award he is sending a message that he is more important than the game itself.  

by ignoring my statement that I'm not going to indulge this stupid argument anymore, you're sending a message that you think you're important enough that your tired, rehashed statement that's already been made by 10 other people will somehow move the needle with me. 

• Wiener 1

27 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been playing with it for a good length of time throughout the regular season

Looking at his numbers, he took nearly 90 fewer shots this season than last season, he only took 263, even two seasons ago he broke 300

The last time he played 75+ games and took fewer shots was him taking 240 back in 2018-2019

Yeah, he hit 100 assists and very much focused more on passing the puck this season, but I wonder if if that was partially impacted by his having a tougher time shooting the puck, I can't imagine having an abdominal injury would help shooting all that much 

https://www.quanthockey.com/hockey-stats-nhl/en/profile.php?player=23497

That changed a bit come playoff time, he put up 75 shots in 26 games, but it's the playoffs

Edited by Coconuts