[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Just now, tas said:

by ignoring my statement that I'm not going to indulge this stupid argument anymore, you're sending a message that you think you're important enough that your tired, rehashed statement that's already been made by 10 other people will somehow move the needle with me. 

I made a statement and you made yours.  We can agree to disagree.  Why so salty over a difference of opinion?  Nothing wrong with repeating something that was already said.  Why should that be triggering to you?

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Their core of McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Ekholm, and Hyman are all intact.  They're gonna get more shots at this.  It's not like they're gonna fall apart overnight.

They still don't have a single defenceman who belongs in the NHL after a 34 year old Ekholm.  They're in a lot of trouble without the money to replace the AHL trash they have on D and in net.

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Of course.   And like other teams that lost in the final, they will need to learn from it.  

Big decisions to be made in Edmonton. Drais and McD are UFA after next season. I imagine they will keep them for another run. But yikes, no assets in return for when they walk. Yikes.

Just now, coho8888 said:

I made a statement and you made yours.  We can agree to disagree.  Why so salty over a difference of opinion?  Nothing wrong with repeating something that was already said.  Why should that be triggering to you?

you responded to a post saying I was done with this by trying to get me involved in it again even though you had nothing new to contribute. 

Just now, tas said:

you responded to a post saying I was done with this by trying to get me involved in it again even though you had nothing new to contribute. 

And yet you could have stopped responding but didn’t.  Always need to get the last word in?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Big decisions to be made in Edmonton. Drais and McD are UFA after next season. I imagine they will keep them for another run. But yikes, no assets in return for when they walk. Yikes.

If they are carrying 13 forwards and 7 d,  they need to sign or dress 8 more players with only 10M to spend.  (If my math is right)

• Cheers 1

According to reports, some pretty significant injuries for both McDavid and Draisaitl, among others:

image.png.3d912721cb2aaf8bdf35c9669b01885d.png

Pretty incredible how much they were able to accomplish given their injuries. I'm sure the same will be divulged about at least a few Panthers players.

When I look at the Canucks as a whole, we have that grit and that desire to do everything it takes to win. But...1 key player showed otherwise this year. I hope Pettersson spends the summer getting both his body and mind to a healthy space and that he understands what will be required for him to delivery a Cup during his new contract

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tas said:

there's no world where anybody comes back out from the dressing room after losing game 7 of the stanley cup final on the road to accept an award they do not give a shit about in that moment in front of fans that are booing them. 

Giguère did though.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

According to reports, some pretty significant injuries for both McDavid and Draisaitl, among others:

image.png.3d912721cb2aaf8bdf35c9669b01885d.png

Pretty incredible how much they were able to accomplish given their injuries. I'm sure the same will be divulged about at least a few Panthers players.

When I look at the Canucks as a whole, we have that grit and that desire to do everything it takes to win. But...1 key player showed otherwise this year. I hope Pettersson spends the summer getting both his body and mind to a healthy space and that he understands what will be required for him to delivery a Cup during his new contract

F McWhiner Baby and Dryercycle. These are two proven losers. We have Demko and we dispatch that club from Sh*thole-ville in five.

Loser players, on a loser team, in a loser city, with loser fans. 

• Cheers 1

Lol. Butt hurt Oilers fans saying it came down to injuries and one goal in a game seven. Sound familiar? I thought those weren't valid excuses. Man, I'm loving today. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Lol. Butt hurt Oilers fans saying it came down to injuries and one goal in a game seven. Sound familiar? I thought those weren't valid excuses. Man, I'm loving today. 

oh the ironing…

Yep playing with your third string goalie wasn’t an excuse. Nor losing your leading scorer in game 7.

McDavid was fine enough to play. They just need to protect their fragile little egos.🤣

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

Playing hockey with a broken rib isn’t possible. I don’t believe a single word of this crap. 

tell that to trevor linden in the last 4 games of 94. broken rib and torn rib cartilage, as well as his 3rd broken nose of the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

oh the ironing…

Yep playing with your third string goalie wasn’t an excuse. Nor losing your leading scorer in game 7.

McDavid was fine enough to play. They just need to protect their fragile little egos.🤣

McDavid hasn’t been healthy all season. 

You can just tell his shot wasn’t there since he got injured early in the season. 

Just look at his goal production this season compared to previous years.

Just now, shiznak said:

McDavid hasn’t been healthy all season. 

You can just tell his shot wasn’t there since he got injured early in the season. 

Just look at his goal production this season compared to previous years.

He almost broke Gretzkys record. 🤣

Dude was fine just excuses for his no show in game 6 and 7.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2