[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Let's bring it to the present time.  If it was JT, he would be praised by the fans for showing that the

team loss was more important than an individual award.  As a matter of fact, I can see JT reacting

the same way as McD.

Not in a million. You need to know your JTs better. WOW!

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He almost broke Gretzkys record. 🤣

Dude was fine just excuses for his no show in game 6 and 7.

By assisting on goals. 

You don’t go from being a perennial 40-50 goals scorer to 30, without some sort of injury.

His assist totals were through the roof, this season compared to years past.

Edited by shiznak

Whelps

Let's hope the league doesnt gift the golden boy another red carpet path to the finals next year. 

As much as I want to play them again, it's best to let the "big market American teams" play a crappy city like Edmonton because money talks and there's more money to be made when American teams do well in the playoffs. 

Funny to hear the level of crying going on about yesterday's officiating from Edmonton fans. They don't realize they were gifted refs in their pockets these playoffs. I hope mcdrai gets split up soon because as soon as Mcdavid isn't on Edmonton, they'll stop getting the calls in their favor again. It's been sickening to watch. A dive on Tkachuk? Lol how about every Draisaitl and Mcdavid fall? Edmonton is too dumb to know the league started calling things in their favor once they were down 3-0 because they didn't want a Stanley Cup to be a sweep. 

The fact that they were propped up is what kills me. Why give a team that deserves to lose life? 

Anyway I'll also stop crying about this lol

So glad Edmonton didn't win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I don't care two shits about that.  It's his annoying sideways glances at the refs, and whining when nothing penalty worthy happened.   Did you not watch the playoffs?     Get some is ok as a tactic and game play.  He takes it to another level.   QHs was getting abused and didn't once do this.   In the NSH and the EDM series, this came up from the announcers.   And the eye balls work well enough still to get it.   So does the grey matter.    Gretzky did this, but was modest and fair about it, got his hackles up when it was deserved otherwise did nothing.   And he never feasted on the PP either.   Did it 5 x 5.   Or 4 x 4 until they decided to get rid of that because they were way too good. 

I am with you on this but also : "The Conn Smythe Trophy is awarded annually to the most valuable player of his team during the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup playoffs". So, shouldn't this be the person who is the most valuable player to help you win the cup? I mean, every team in the playoffs has their own most valuable player. 

Did he even get any points in the game 7? Maybe that's why the trophy is on the ice right after the team wins it, would make sense to go to a player on the winning team who helped you win the ultimate prize of the tournament. 

Edmonton will never win a cup as long as they keep wasting cap space on contracts. There is no world where Nurse should make more then Hughes,Makar and Miro H. But for whatever reason Holland gave Nurse that 9.5 million a year contract, and now has to resign Bouchard and Ekholm. Between Campbell and Nurse that’s 15 million of cap space being wasted. In a few years Dry and McD won’t stick around and their window will be over. 

Happy that a flawed team like Edmonton did not get their chip. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, tas said:

crosby spent the first half of his career receiving all of the exact same whiner/diver accusations that mcdavid gets. yzerman was known as a failure until he changed his game. growing up, gretzky was synonymous with whining. 

lol.   Where you around for even Crosby?  Because that lasted for a few years and it wasn't diving.   Crosby was so freaking abused by the players back then with little to no protection it was ridiculous.   McDavid has never dealt with anything close to that.   Different era, even then.   His career almost ended before it began because of headshots.    

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am with you on this but also : "The Conn Smythe Trophy is awarded annually to the most valuable player of his team during the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup playoffs". So, shouldn't this be the person who is the most valuable player to help you win the cup? I mean, every team in the playoffs has their own most valuable player. 

Did he even get any points in the game 7? Maybe that's why the trophy is on the ice right after the team wins it, would make sense to go to a player on the winning team who helped you win the ultimate prize of the tournament. 

Rare times it hasn't gone to the winning team, they've got it right, in my lifetime anyways.   Hextall was probably the closest, even though he basically stood on his head like Giguere did.   Almost always it goes to a goalie, and for good reason.    ANA first crack at it, wasn't actually that great.     Hextall year, for sure could have gone to an Oiler, maybe they were getting tired of that by then. 

Edited by IBatch

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Why is Skinner getting votes?   It was pretty clear it was McDavid Barkov Bobrovsky.   Can intertwine the latter two.   Maybe they should allow four votes instead.   

I seem to be in the minority but I would probably have Bouchard at #2.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Rare times it hasn't gone to the winning team, they've got it right, in my lifetime anyways.   Hextall was probably the closest. 

Simple solution is to give it to a member of the winning team if someone else is as classless as McDiver in the future.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Simple solution is to give it to a member of the winning team if someone else is as classless as McDiver in the future.

Maybe say next time, if you don't get your photo, you forfeit.   

Seriously though, it's not like he was Harvey getting snubbed from the HHOF for enjoying his beer too much.   And then not showing up.    It's just a footnote in what was a pretty great postseason.    Hope that it's the last time he gets the chance.    Probably will be. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I seem to be in the minority but I would probably have Bouchard at #2.

He had some big moments both ways.   But for sure ahead of Skinner.   Got a few votes at number 3 which didn't bother me at all.   Last night was closer than probably anyone to scoring for EDM.   Also stopped a great scoring chance against. 

Just now, IBatch said:

He had some big moments both ways.   But for sure ahead of Skinner.   Got a few votes at number 3 which didn't bother me at all.   Last night was closer than probably anyone to scoring for EDM.   Also stopped a great scoring chance against. 

He did the same thing to D playoff records this year that McDavid did regarding forwards.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He did the same thing to D playoff records this year that McDavid did regarding forwards.

Also played nowhere close to an acceptable standard in his own zone.  He has a long way to go before he has any hope of belonging in the NHL with his refusal to learn how to play his position.

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

lol.   Where you around for even Crosby?  Because that lasted for a few years and it wasn't diving.   Crosby was so freaking abused by the players back then with little to no protection it was ridiculous.   McDavid has never dealt with anything close to that.   Different era, even then.   His career almost ended before it began because of headshots.    

I didn't say the accusations were valid.

but they were very real.