[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Who's making this stuff up, and what is their metrics?   Didn't the 2002 wings have 10 HHOfers (or was it 8 not sure).   Goofy. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

of course I can have it both ways. 

getting your name on the cup makes you an immortal. winning the smythe is the cherry on top of the sundae, and if you didn't get the sundae, you sure as hell don't give a damn about the cherry. 

I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I do know some long time Oilers fans - and their take?

They are embarrassed that their captain pouted to the dressing room instead of being a man.  

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

By assisting on goals. 

You don’t go from being a perennial 40-50 goals scorer to 30, without some sort of injury.

His assist totals were through the roof, this season compared to years past.

Does that not have anything to do with his supporting cast?  Guys like Bouchard and Hyman breaking out?   Come on that's weak.   He has zero business getting more love than Crosby or even Ovi did.     The Dale Hawrerchuk,  Dionne (sorry Marcel that's rude) of his generation.   Kucherov should be getting as much love.  

Edited by IBatch

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I do know some long time Oilers fans - and their take?

They are embarrassed that their captain pouted to the dressing room instead of being a man.  

a) why would that matter to me?

b) it's certainly not the prevailing feeling in the edmonton market. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

a) why would that matter to me?

b) it's certainly not the prevailing feeling in the edmonton market. 

As someone who grew up in the MTL/NYI/EDM dynastie's, can tell you this for free.   McDavid blew it.   Badly.  One more crack at it, and that teams dismantling. 

Why would anyone care if he came out to collect the Conn Smyth.  

I don't like the man, though can recognize what a good player he is despite my dislike.

I think he is a spoiled, whiny prick but don't care that he didn't go out for the Conn Smyth.  Man that would be awful having to go out on the ice after finally getting off while the other team celebrates.  

One of the Edmonton press who got to vote for CS voted for 1.McDavid 2.Hyman 3.Skinner.  It is a meaningless trophy when the biased press treats it that way anyway.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

As someone who grew up in the MTL/NYI/EDM dynastie's, can tell you this for free.   McDavid blew it.   Badly.  One more crack at it, and that teams dismantling. 

you think they'll get another crack? personally, I think even if they can/do keep that group together, this was as close as they're ever going to get. 

I think they were lucky to get by vancouver and weren't a stanley cup calibre team. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

This is absolutely Epic. 

LOL that’s what you get when you bandwagon that hard.

Dont think you’re covering any Canucks games in the future either!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Wouldn't be surprised if oils miss the playoffs next season. 

I don't think it's going to happen.

We would likely won't be as good next season (atleast regular season wise). The top 5 teams in Pacific should be Vegas, Edmonton, us, LA or Seattle. To ensure making the playoffs, we need to finish atleast 3rd in the Pacific.

I hope we can keep up what we did and build on the success we have this year. I don't see us winning the Pacific again next season. But if we can finish with 100 points or more and qualify for the playoffs, I can see us go on a bit of run next year.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wouldn't be surprised if oils miss the playoffs next season. 

Me either.

I mean they’re the same team that started out as poorly as they did. Who’s to say they don’t recover in dramatic fashion next time?

Still a very hot and cold team.

From the Beaverton ..............

“You should root for the Oilers because they’re Canadian,” says man who has confused this with the ****ing Olympics

TORONTO/CALGARY/VANCOUVER/MONTREAL/OTTAWA/WINNIPEG –

Casual hockey fan David Hildebrandt was surprised to discover that you are not routing for the Canadian team in the Stanley Cup Finals, because apparently this city based hockey competition is now the god dam Olympic Games.

“Don’t you want a Canadian team to win for the first time since 1993,” he said casually, when he might as well suggest you drink hemlock or go down Niagara Falls in a barrel.

“Where’s your sense of Patriotism?” Said the fucknuckle who believes that cheering for a specific team in the NHL is the same as routing for whoever has a maple leaf on their chest in a sport you’ve never heard of before.

Hildebrandt is far from alone. Many in the media have expressed surprise that a Boston pizza commercial and nationalist guilt campaign has not been enough to get fans of the other Canadian teams to overcome years of playoff battles, geographical based hatred and petty social media disputes.

Oilers fans have repeatedly verbally attacked me, my physical appearance, my political beliefs and my children all because I cheer for the Leafs. But sure. Go Oilers I guess,” said Mark Hudson.

At press time Oilers fans who would rather pour bleach in their eyes than watch the Leafs win a Cup were pretending to be upset about this.

😆

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Me either.

I mean they’re the same team that started out as poorly as they did. Who’s to say they don’t recover in dramatic fashion next time?

Still a very hot and cold team.

I don't see them starting as bad as they did last year. I also dont think they will win 16 in a row again. I think they should still be a lock for another 100+ point season. Unless McDavid/Draisaitl miss significant time, then all bets are off.

3 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

I don't think it's going to happen.

We would likely won't be as good next season (atleast regular season wise). The top 5 teams in Pacific should be Vegas, Edmonton, us, LA or Seattle. To ensure making the playoffs, we need to finish atleast 3rd in the Pacific.

I hope we can keep up what we did and build on the success we have this year. I don't see us winning the Pacific again next season. But if we can finish with 100 points or more and qualify for the playoffs, I can see us go on a bit of run next year.

It's still early. Rumors of McDavid needing surgery.  That would screw the oils if he doesn't return on time or 100%. Skinner can get even worse, which won't be a surprise.  Don't expect Nurse to improve. Junk vets like Perry and Kane will be done. 

Nux surgery isn't done but I'm confident in PA in making the team even better since they have more cap to work with than last yr. JR surgery isn't over.