[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

10 hours ago, NoHeart said:

To be fair, he was in Florida. The fans were booing. He lost, I’m good with that. I don’t think him not accepting the is really that big a deal

He's earned over $100 million as an NHL player so far. Suck it up and participate in the league that has made you richer than most people's dreams.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I can't wait to see what the panthers cup rings are going to look like. I've been buying replicas since the Capitals won in 2018. I just hope they aren't as hard on the eyes as Vegas's rings.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I can't wait to see what the panthers cup rings are going to look like. I've been buying replicas since the Capitals won in 2018. I just hope they aren't as hard on the eyes as Vegas's rings.

I was just at the Hockey Hall of Fame and they have a display of rings. My favorite was the Pens, I believe it was 2009. Edit, Vegas was fugly.

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I was just at the Hockey Hall of Fame and they have a display of rings. My favorite was the Pens, I believe it was 2009. Edit, Vegas was fugly.

I bought a set of all 5 penguins rings. They all look good. The vegas ring is just tacky. If the Canucks ever win the cup, I'll be ordering 2, 1 for the collection, 1 for everyday wear.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Who's making this stuff up, and what is their metrics?   Didn't the 2002 wings have 10 HHOfers (or was it 8 not sure).   Goofy. 

The ol non salary cap era...

I went to each game in Vancouver that series....  Had never seen anything like that team..the system play was so beyond everyone else at that time. 

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canucks partly responsible for the Oilers loss…

If I learned anything from the Edmonton fans who post here during the playoffs it’s that injuries aren’t an excuse.

So while it may feel good to think we had a hand in the Oilers blowing their shot at the cup; it feels even better to me knowing that Draisatl and McDavid not showing up for Games 6-7 is why they lost. They simply aren’t good enough and aren’t likely to sniff that far into the playoffs again soon. They need to retool that awful backend before they can expect to win, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

McDavid will win his cup one day - it just won’t be with Edmonton. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Kyprios says Draisaitl will renew his contract at 14.5M 

Lol holy crap then McBaby the following year.

All of the cap increases and then some will go straight to Draisaitl, McDavid, and Bouchard.

Basically the team they have now is their team for the foreseeable future.

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All of the cap increases and then some will go straight to Draisaitl, McDavid, and Bouchard.

Basically the team they have now is their team for the foreseeable future.

Add Nurse's 9 and that starter in the minors 5..good luck, Playoffs showed how important it is to have a great bottom 6.

• ThereItIs 1