[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those poor Edmonton fans. They flew all the way to Florida on their own dime to watch McBaby cry in person. 

Probably worth it to get out of the hellhole they call home regardless.

• ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Add Nurse's 9 and that starter in the minors 5..good luck, Playoffs showed how important it is to have a great bottom 6.

Personally, it's their blueliners I don't trust. Their bottom 6 was decent enough they should have been used more to keep the crybaby twins rested. Hell, McDavid and Draisaitl had 1 point between them in games 6 and 7. The only goal scored in game 7 was by a bottom 6 forward. That blueline though is filled with liabilities outside of Douchard and Ekholm.

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Personally, it's their blueliners I don't trust. Their bottom 6 was decent enough they should have been used more to keep the crybaby twins rested. Hell, McDavid and Draisaitl had 1 point between them in games 6 and 7. The only goal scored in game 7 was by a bottom 6 forward. That blueline though is filled with liabilities outside of Douchard and Ekholm.

That I totally agree with, they messed up by not playing those lines as much in the 3rd GM 7 that won games 5 and 6 for them .

Having said that , I'm not sure what those contracts look like but having so much money tied up in so few players they are going to be cash strapped especially when every player will expect a raise after making it to the finals..

The D is a whole different story.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

The key is not go to 7 games. 

Win it in 6.

Canucks could have (and should have) done exactly that if Luongo had bothered to show up...

Edited by Morgan 33

3 minutes ago, Morgan 33 said:

Canucks could have (and should have) done exactly that if Luongo had bothered to show up...

You are talking about the Canucks team that scored 8 goals in 7 games right? 
but yes…. Let’s blame the goalie 😒

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

You are talking about the Canucks team that scored 8 goals in 7 games right? 
but yes…. Let’s blame the goalie 😒

A chance to clinch the cup and you allow 4 goals in less than 5 minutes in the first period...  Yeah, I do blame the goalie in that case.  Game was over right there.

40 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I thought they milked the top unit for too long on the power play

27 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

That I totally agree with, they messed up by not playing those lines as much in the 3rd GM 7 that won games 5 and 6 for them .

Having said that , I'm not sure what those contracts look like but having so much money tied up in so few players they are going to be cash strapped especially when every player will expect a raise after making it to the finals..

The D is a whole different story.

If Draisaitl is going to be making 12+ and McDavid 14+. Nurse at 9mil for 6 more seasons. Bouchard might be looking at 9+mil himself. They are gonna be a 4 man team for a long time at this rate. And who knows what they can do with Campbell. Might cost em a 1st rounder to move him. Buying him out isn't a terrible option either. But still, them and Toronto are two teams that really can't afford to be wasting what little cap space they have.

I think they're just gonna try do what Pittsburgh did and roll out a bunch of cheap hopefuls and hope they click with their stars. For a long time Crosby was making stars out of any College free agent they can get. He could probably have turned me into 40 point player. Lol. The idea is likely the same for McDavid and Draisaitl. But the biggest problem is a 5mil AHL goalie and a 9.25mil pylon. Forget the Chaos giraffe, Nurse is absolutely brutal. And they both have more than a couple years on their deals.

• Upvote 1