[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

10 hours ago, Mr Wrong said:

Playing hockey with a broken rib isn’t possible. I don’t believe a single word of this crap. 

Apologies if this link has already been posted .....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If Draisaitl is going to be making 12+ and McDavid 14+. Nurse at 9mil for 6 more seasons. Bouchard might be looking at 9+mil himself. They are gonna be a 4 man team for a long time at this rate. And who knows what they can do with Campbell. Might cost em a 1st rounder to move him. Buying him out isn't a terrible option either. But still, them and Toronto are two teams that really can't afford to be wasting what little cap space they have.

I think they're just gonna try do what Pittsburgh did and roll out a bunch of cheap hopefuls and hope they click with their stars. For a long time Crosby was making stars out of any College free agent they can get. He could probably have turned me into 40 point player. Lol. The idea is likely the same for McDavid and Draisaitl. But the biggest problem is a 5mil AHL goalie and a 9.25mil pylon. Forget the Chaos giraffe, Nurse is absolutely brutal. And they both have more than a couple years on their deals.

Well put..

Eventually if they do go with 2 Aces and rest fillers I think teams will start to figure them out, Florida did a great job towards the end, Every time McBaby had the puck there was someone hounding DryCycle at all times and kept them pointless..They better hope it works or they're fucked with 10 mill cap and Dry to sign....I do think they will buyout Mr 5 mill AHLer....Still the Laffs of the west.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It still feels fantastic the Coilers lost. This feeling of great joy will last all summer and for many years to come. 
Hey! McWhiner Baby! 

IMG_3384.jpeg

Come back, one year!

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If Draisaitl is going to be making 12+ and McDavid 14+. Nurse at 9mil for 6 more seasons. Bouchard might be looking at 9+mil himself. They are gonna be a 4 man team for a long time at this rate. And who knows what they can do with Campbell. Might cost em a 1st rounder to move him. Buying him out isn't a terrible option either. But still, them and Toronto are two teams that really can't afford to be wasting what little cap space they have.

I think they're just gonna try do what Pittsburgh did and roll out a bunch of cheap hopefuls and hope they click with their stars. For a long time Crosby was making stars out of any College free agent they can get. He could probably have turned me into 40 point player. Lol. The idea is likely the same for McDavid and Draisaitl. But the biggest problem is a 5mil AHL goalie and a 9.25mil pylon. Forget the Chaos giraffe, Nurse is absolutely brutal. And they both have more than a couple years on their deals.

The numbers are more like $16 million for McDavid, $14 million for Draisaitl and $10 million for Bouchard.  Those are the numbers being thrown out.  Add $9 million for Nurse and that's almost $50 million for 4 guys.  That's 50% of the future cap of $100 million.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The numbers are more like $16 million for McDavid, $14 million for Draisaitl and $10 million for Bouchard.  Those are the numbers being thrown out.  Add $9 million for Nurse and that's almost $50 million for 4 guys.  That's 50% of the future cap of $100 million.

I lowballed to be conservative. The numbers thrown around for Petey were over 12mil. So, we just don't know. But yeah, their cap structure is fucked. We'll see where Huggy and Demmer end up. Huggy might be a 11-12mil player himself. I'd argue he should make more than Petey. But overall I think we're fine. Just as soon as the 4.7mil buyout seasons pass. And when we dump Mikheyev.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

Sportsmanship and respect for what that trophy stands for.  Generations of legends on that trophy.

He wouldn't know, what it means, if it hit him with an iron bar...

He is totally devoid of respect for others and sportsmanship my butt...

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Next year is the last year the Oilers have for their shot at the cup.  They know this too.  Why?  Well, in 2025-2026, this is going to be their dilemma:

Total cap: $92 million

McDavid - 12.5 

Draisaitl - 14

Bouchard - 10

Nurse - 9.25

Ekholm - 6

Hyman - 5.5

Kane - 5.125

RNH - 5.125

Campbell - 5

Total: $72.5 million for 9 players

They are fooked...

Remove Nurse, Kane and Campbell. 

• ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🤣

elliotte.jpg

Draisaitl basically took out Florida's best forward (Barkov) & got away with an easily suspendable hit  (Barkov was checking/handling McDavid fairly well up to that point).  He did his job in the series (granted, the league get him away with it because the Coilers were the media darlings).

• Cheers 4

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Apologies if this link has already been posted .....

And he still scored 2 goals in game 7... the greatest playoff performer in Canucks history IMO.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1